March 10, 2021
TechNY15 Stock Index: 1,587.05 (+33.61) (+2.2%)
Keeping the NYC Tech Industry Connected and Informed
1. NYC’s NYDIG, a Bitcoin technology and custodial platform for institutions, has raised $200 million in a growth capital round. Investors included Stone Ridge Holdings Group, Morgan Stanley, New York Life, MassMutual, Soros Fund Management, FS Investments, Bessemer Venture Partners and FinTech Collective. The company expects to manage over $25 billion in Bitcoin on behalf of clients in 2021. (www.nydig.com) (PR Newswire)
2. NYC’s Splice, a music creation and collaboration platform, has raised $55 million in a Series D funding. Goldman Sachs’ GS Growth led the round and was joined by investors including MUSIC. Splice sells digital tools and music samples to music makers on a $7.99 per month subscription and pays them for uploading their own sounds. Songs featuring Splice samples include Bad Bunny’s Dakiti and Shane Codd’s UK dance hit Get Out My Head. (www.splice.com) (MusicBusiness Worldwide)
3. Brooklyn’s Fi, a smart dog collar startup, has raised $30 million in a Series B funding. Longview Asset Management led the round. Fi’s collar uses Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to send users a notification when their dog has traveled outside an AI-determined geofenced area. (www.tryfi.com) (TechCrunch)
4. Brooklyn’s BlocPower, a climate tech startup, has raised $63 million in a Series A round consisting of $8 million in equity funding and $55 million in debt. American Family Insurance Institute for Corporate and Social Impact, AccelR8 and The Goldman Sachs Urban Investment Group led the round with participation from Kapor Capital, Elemental Excelerator, CityRock Venture Partners, The Schmidt Family Foundation and Salesforce Ventures. BlocPower offers an innovative financing solution that enables small and medium-sized building owners to make energy efficiency improvements to their properties with no out-of-pocket cost. (www.blocpower.io) (PR Newswire)
5. NYC’s Fillogic, a logistics as a service platform, has raised $2.5 million in a seed round funding. Food Retail Ventures led the round, and was joined by Jamestown LP, GroundBreak Ventures, Revelry Ventures Partners, XRC Labs, Green Egg Ventures and angel investors. The company’s platform maximizes efficiencies for retailers and freight delivery networks via mall-based micro distribution hubs. (www.fillogic.com) (PR Web)
Small Planet partners with the world’s most innovative companies to create inspired apps and websites. Development, UX design, monetization strategies, user acquisition, and more. Contact us. (Sponsored Content)
6. NYC’s Oscar Health, a tech-enabled health insurance company, raised $1.5 billion in its Initial Public Offering. The IPO valued the company at $9.5 billion. Oscar had previously raised a total of $1.6 billion from investors including NYC’s Thrive Capital, Founders Fund, Formation 8, CapitalG, Fidelity, Alphabet, Coatue and NYC’s Tiger Global. (www.hioscar.com) (TechCrunch)
7. NYC’s Codecademy, an online learn to code platform, has raised $40 million in a Series D financing. Owl Ventures led the round with participation from Prosus and NYC’s Union Square Ventures. Codecademy attracted five million new users during the pandemic. (www.codeacademy.com) (EdSurge)
8. NYC’s DigitalOcean, a developer-focused cloud infrastructure platform, has filed to raise $100 million in an Initial Public Offering. DigitalOcean reported $318.4 million in revenue in 2020, up almost 25 percent from 2019. The company has previously raised $456 million from investors including Access Industries and Andreessen Horowitz. (www.digitalocean.com) (Crunchbase News)
9. Paramus’ Nuvolo, a workplace management software platform, has raised $31 million in a Series C funding. Insight Partners led the round and was joined by Revelation Partners, New Enterprise Associates and Kaiser Permanente Ventures. The company’s platform enables companies to manage their workplace operations through one unified platform. (www.nuvolo.com) (PR Newswire)
10. NYC’s Looped, a virtual venue streaming platform, has raised $7.7 million in a seed funding round. Will Ventures led the round, and was joined by Rocketship VC, Alpaca VC, Forefront Venture Partners, HOF Capital, Toy Ventures, Intuition Capital, Predictive VC, Ketch Ventures and over 90 angel investors. Since its October 2019 launch, 300,000 people have bought virtual tickets to live chat events featuring the likes of Billie Eilish, Shawn Mendes, Kevin Durant, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Lin-Manuel Miranda and the original cast of Hamilton. (www.loopedlive.com) (TechCrunch)
We have special sale pricing on TechNY Daily sponsorsip and advertising opportunities. For information, contact: Lauren@techny.nyc
TechNY Recruit Jobs
Job Postings are on sale. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Grist Labs (new)
Love a good challenge? Try the Hack our bank puzzle! We are building Grist, a next-generation hybrid spreadsheet-database. You’ll find here the unique combination of a small team in early stages of growth, and a well-developed product with great potential and much work ahead.
The Muse (new)
Helping people succeed at their careers, and find meaningful jobs at the best companies
Senior Front-End Engineer
Senior Product Designer
Project Manager, Client Onboarding
Ladders is the leading $100K+ professional community. We focus on the careers, professional growth, and office lifestyle of the top 25% of the workforce. With Ladders News, we provide the information and entertainment that our audience needs for lifelong career success, while Ladders Jobs is the largest source for $100K+ jobs in the US and Canada.
Software Engineer III
Lead Product Designer
Director, Technical Product Management
Director, Growth Marketing
General Manager, Consumer Online
BrainStation is the global leader in digital skills training and workforce transformation, offering hands-on and outcomes-based courses in subjects such as Web Development, User Experience Design, Data Science and Digital Marketing.
Educator, UX Design
Educator, Data Science
Educator, Web Development
Business Development Representative
Junior Sales Coordinator
Coordinator, Customer Experience
Coordinator, Talent Acquisition
TripleLift is a technology company rooted at the intersection of creative and media. We are an advertising platform where creative fits seamlessly into every experience across desktop, mobile and video. We help make advertising work for everyone. Advertising is important. We didn’t invent advertising, but we are making advertising better.
Senior Software Engineer
Product Manager — OTT Monetization Platform
Capitolis is the leading SaaS platform that drives financial resource optimization for capital markets. More than 50 financial institutions, as well as many hedge funds and asset managers, leverage Capitolis’ technology to bring the best services to market and achieve high levels of return, while using the most appropriate amounts of their financial resources. Backed by world class investors, including Index Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Spark Capital, SVB Capital and S Capital, Capitolis is growing rapidly in our offices in New York, London and Tel Aviv.
Director of Client Services
Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
Director of Demand Generation (NYC)
Adoption Manager (NYC or London)
FX Operations Analyst (NYC or London)
Director of Product Management (NYC)
Mantra Health is a digital mental health company on a mission to improve access to quality mental healthcare for university students throughout the United States through the marriage of evidence-based therapy and psychiatry with software, data, and design.
Business Development Manager
We are a SaaS solution that makes crypto accounting easy. We are a trusted, blockchain-native technology team that is passionate about digital asset technology. Our team is continuously collaborating and designing new products and initiatives to expand our market presence. Technology and customers are at the center of our universe. We dedicate our energy to learning, building, adapting, and achieving impactful results.
Senior Front End Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Software Test Engineer
Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy.
Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
Manager, Software Engineering
Our mission: To democratize Discovery.
Enterprise Account Executive
A personalized subscription site for pop culture’s biggest fans.
Director of Engineering
Retirement made easy.
Senior Fullstack Engineer
Hyperscience is the automation company that enables data to flow within and between the world’s leading firms in financial services, insurance, healthcare and government markets. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in New York City with offices in Sofia, Bulgaria and London, UK, we’ve raised more than $50 million raised to date and are growing quickly. We welcome anyone who believes in big ideas and demonstrates a willingness to learn, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team and make a difference in our organization and for our customers.
Machine Learning Engineer
Braavo provides on demand funding for mobile apps and games. We offer a flexible and affordable funding alternative to the traditional sources of capital like working with a VC or bank. We’re changing the way mobile entrepreneurs finance and grow their app businesses. Our predictive technology delivers on demand, performance-based funding, without dilution or personal guarantees. By providing non-dilutive, yet scalable alternatives to equity, we’re helping founders retain control of their companies.
Business Development Manager
VP of Marketing
At Yogi, we help companies decipher customer feedback, from ratings and reviews to surveys and support requests. Companies are inundated with feedback, but when it comes to turning this data into actionable business decisions, most companies fall short. That’s where Yogi fits in.
Full Stack Software Engineer
Upper90 is an alternative credit manager based in New York City that has deployed over $500m within 18 months of inception.
Investor Relations Analyst
UpScored is the only career site that uses data science to connect you with jobs suited specifically to you while automatically learning your career interests. Its AI-powered platform decreases job search time by 90%, showing you the jobs you’re most likely to get (and want) in less than 2 minutes.
Senior Frontend Developer
Senior Backend Developer
Frame.io is a video review and collaboration platform designed to unify media assets and creative conversations in a user-friendly environment. Headquartered in New York City, Frame.io was developed by filmmakers, VFX artists and post production executives. Today, we support nearly 1 million media professionals at enterprises including Netflix, Buzzfeed, Turner, NASA & Vice Media.
Frontend Engineering Manager
Sr. Swift Engineer
Lead Product Designer
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform built for innovative e-commerce and retail brands. We raised a $230M Series D in September 2020 and are backed by Sequoia, Bain Capital Ventures, Coatue, and other top investors. Attentive was named #8 on LinkedIn’s 2020 Top Startups list, and has been selected by Forbes as one of America’s Best Startup Employers.
Sales Development Representative
Senior Client Strategy Manager
Director of Client Strategy
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile.
Enterprise Sales Director — New York
Postlight is building an extraordinary team that loves to make great digital products — come join us!
Full Stack Engineer
Deliver your job listings directly to 50,000 members of the NYC tech community at an amazingly low cost. Find out how: email@example.com
NYC Tech Industry Virtual Event Calendar
NYC Media Lab Technology + Storytelling: Engaging the Immersive Future
(10am — 3pm ET)
NY Enterprise Tech Meetup with Jeff Lawson Co-Founder & CEO of Twilio
(2pm — 3pm)
Adobe x Rise Creative Jam LIVE: Sparking your Creativity
(celebrating International Women’s Day)
Hosted by Rise NY x Adobe
CIO Perspectives Webinar: The Next Gen of Data Protection
Hosted by Work-Bench
Work-Bench & Datadog Women in Enterprise Sales Forum
(5pm — 6:30pm ET)
Contact Us for Free Listing of Your Web-based Events
Send us your events to list (it’s Free!) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
TechNY Daily is distributed three times a week to 50,000 members of NYC’s tech and digital media industry.
Connecting the New York Tech Industry
Social Media • Mobile • Digital Media • Big Data • AdTech • App Development • e-Commerce • Games • Analytics • FinTech • Web • Software • UX • Video • Digital Advertising • Content • SaaS • Open Source • Cloud Computing • AI • Web Design • Business Intelligence • Enterprise Software • EduTech • FashionTech • Incubators • Accelerators • Co-Working • TravelTech • Real Estate Tech
Copyright © 2021 TechNY, All rights reserved.