February 10, 2021
TechNY15 Stock Index: 1,695.79 (+33.80) (+2.02%)
Keeping our 50,000 Readers Connected and Informed
1. NYC’s Jackpocket, an app for buying lottery tickets, has raised $50 million in a Series C financing. Investors included Raine Group, Greenspring Associates, Circle K Ventures, TEGNA Ventures, BRV Capital, Gaingels, David Blitzer, the owner of the NJ Devils & 76ers, actor Sean Hayes, and Jon Ledecky, the owner of the NY Islanders. Jackpocket has regulatory approval to sell lottery tickets in New York and New Jersey and last month, accounted for 7% of all Powerball tickets sold in New York. (www.jackpocket.com) (PR Newswire)
2. NYC’s WeWork is in discussions to go public through a merger with a SPAC (special purpose acquisition company). The deal is rumored to value WeWork at around $10 billion, a sharp decrease from the company’s $47 billion valuation in 2019. A number of NYC tech companies have recently gone public via a SPAC merger including Wheels Up, Taboola, Latch and Payoneer. (www.wework.com) (The Real Deal).
3. NYC’s Alma, a membership-based network for mental health care providers, has raised $28 million in a Series B funding. Insight Partners led the round and was joined by NYC’s Tusk Venture Partners, NYC’s Primary Venture Partners, NYC’s BoxGroup, Optum Ventures, Sound Ventures and Rainfall Ventures. Alma’s platform enables providers to accept insurance and also includes features such as a client-matching service, scheduling and billing functions, and a community for support. (www.helloalma.com) (Crunchbase News)
4. Brooklyn’s Dame Products, a sex tech company, has raised $4 million in a seed funding round. Listen led the round and was joined by Chingona Ventures, The Community Fund, Her Capital, HP Reformation Ventures, IgniteXL Ventures and Joyance Partners. The company sells its products both direct-to-consumers, through online retailers such as Goop, Revolve, Free People, Cult Beauty, and now, at Nordstrom as well. (www.dameproducts.com) (Beauty Independent)
Small Planet partners with the world’s most innovative companies to create inspired apps and websites. Development, UX design, monetization strategies, user acquisition, and more. Contact us. (Sponsored Content)
5. Englewood Cliff’s OwnBackup, a cloud data protection platform, has raised $167.5 million in a Series D funding. The round, which valued the company at $1.4 billion, was co-led by Insight Partners, Salesforce Ventures, and Sapphire Ventures, and joined by Innovation Endeavors, Oryzn Capital and Vertex Ventures. OwnBackup’s platform is integrated into the Salesforce platform and provides backup, recovery, compare and archive functionality for complex datasets. (www.ownbackup.com) (VentureBeat)
6. NYC’s Squarespace, a website builder platform, ran an ad in yesterday’s Super Bowl with a theme of “5 to 9” and featuring Dolly Parton. In case you missed it, you can see the ad here. (www.squarespace.com)
7. NYC’s 1stDibs.com, a high-end goods and art marketplace, is planning an Initial Public Offering this year that would value the company at over $1 billion. The company has previously raised $253 from investors including T. Rowe, Insight Partners, Spark Capital, Benchmark and Groupe Artémis. (www.1stdibs.com) (Bloomberg)
8. NYC’s Garner Health, a platform that helps recommends doctors, has raised $12.5 million in a Series A funding. Founders Fund led the round and was joined by Maverick Ventures and NYC’s Thrive Capital. The company’s platform analyzes large amounts of medical insurance claim data to identify the highest quality doctors in a city or neighborhood. (www.getgarner.com) (Crunchbase News)
9. F-Prime Capital has published its annual State of Venture Report which covers how the VC sector has performed over the past 10 years. Among the findings is that VC investment did not slowdown in 2020 despite the pandemic and that M&A activity continues a shift towards larger deals. The report can be read here. (www.fprimecapital.com)
We have special sale pricing on TechNY Daily sponsorship and advertising opportunities. For information, contact: Lauren@techny.nyc
TechNY Recruit Jobs
Job Postings are on sale. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Capitolis is the leading SaaS platform that drives financial resource optimization for capital markets. More than 50 financial institutions, as well as many hedge funds and asset managers, leverage Capitolis’ technology to bring the best services to market and achieve high levels of return, while using the most appropriate amounts of their financial resources. Backed by world class investors, including Index Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Spark Capital, SVB Capital and S Capital, Capitolis is growing rapidly in our offices in New York, London and Tel Aviv.
Director of Client Services
Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
Director of Demand Generation (NYC)
Adoption Manager (NYC or London)
FX Operations Analyst (NYC or London)
Director of Product Management (NYC)
Mantra Health (new)
Mantra Health is a digital mental health company on a mission to improve access to quality mental healthcare for university students throughout the United States through the marriage of evidence-based therapy and psychiatry with software, data, and design.
Business Development Manager
We are a SaaS solution that makes crypto accounting easy. We are a trusted, blockchain-native technology team that is passionate about digital asset technology. Our team is continuously collaborating and designing new products and initiatives to expand our market presence. Technology and customers are at the center of our universe. We dedicate our energy to learning, building, adapting, and achieving impactful results.
Senior Front End Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Software Test Engineer
Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy.
Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
Manager, Software Engineering
Our mission: To democratize Discovery.
Enterprise Account Executive
A personalized subscription site for pop culture’s biggest fans.
Director of Engineering
Retirement made easy.
Senior Fullstack Engineer
Hyperscience is the automation company that enables data to flow within and between the world’s leading firms in financial services, insurance, healthcare and government markets. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in New York City with offices in Sofia, Bulgaria and London, UK, we’ve raised more than $50 million raised to date and are growing quickly. We welcome anyone who believes in big ideas and demonstrates a willingness to learn, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team and make a difference in our organization and for our customers.
Machine Learning Engineer
Braavo provides on demand funding for mobile apps and games. We offer a flexible and affordable funding alternative to the traditional sources of capital like working with a VC or bank. We’re changing the way mobile entrepreneurs finance and grow their app businesses. Our predictive technology delivers on demand, performance-based funding, without dilution or personal guarantees. By providing non-dilutive, yet scalable alternatives to equity, we’re helping founders retain control of their companies.
Business Development Manager
VP of Marketing
At Yogi, we help companies decipher customer feedback, from ratings and reviews to surveys and support requests. Companies are inundated with feedback, but when it comes to turning this data into actionable business decisions, most companies fall short. That’s where Yogi fits in.
Full Stack Software Engineer
Upper90 is an alternative credit manager based in New York City that has deployed over $500m within 18 months of inception.
Investor Relations Analyst
UpScored is the only career site that uses data science to connect you with jobs suited specifically to you while automatically learning your career interests. Its AI-powered platform decreases job search time by 90%, showing you the jobs you’re most likely to get (and want) in less than 2 minutes.
Senior Frontend Developer
Senior Backend Developer
Frame.io is a video review and collaboration platform designed to unify media assets and creative conversations in a user-friendly environment. Headquartered in New York City, Frame.io was developed by filmmakers, VFX artists and post production executives. Today, we support nearly 1 million media professionals at enterprises including Netflix, Buzzfeed, Turner, NASA & Vice Media.
Frontend Engineering Manager
Sr. Swift Engineer
Lead Product Designer
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform built for innovative e-commerce and retail brands. We raised a $230M Series D in September 2020 and are backed by Sequoia, Bain Capital Ventures, Coatue, and other top investors. Attentive was named #8 on LinkedIn’s 2020 Top Startups list, and has been selected by Forbes as one of America’s Best Startup Employers.
Sales Development Representative
Senior Client Strategy Manager
Director of Client Strategy
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile.
Enterprise Sales Director — New York
Postlight is building an extraordinary team that loves to make great digital products — come join us!
Full Stack Engineer
Deliver your job listings directly to 50,000 members of the NYC tech community at an amazingly low cost. Find out how: email@example.com
NYC Tech Industry Virtual Event Calendar
Rise Refresh: A new frontier for FinTech in 2021
(celebrating Black History Month)
Hosted by Rise NY x Gaper
Adobe x Rise Creative Jam LIVE: Sparking your Creativity
(celebrating International Women’s Day)
Hosted by Rise NY x Adobe
Contact Us for Free Listing of Your Web-based Events
Send us your events to list (it’s Free!) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
TechNY Daily is distributed three times a week to 50,000 members of NYC’s tech and digital media industry.
Connecting the New York Tech Industry
Social Media • Mobile • Digital Media • Big Data • AdTech • App Development • e-Commerce • Games • Analytics • FinTech • Web • Software • UX • Video • Digital Advertising • Content • SaaS • Open Source • Cloud Computing • AI • Web Design • Business Intelligence • Enterprise Software • EduTech • FashionTech • Incubators • Accelerators • Co-Working • TravelTech • Real Estate Tech
Copyright © 2021 TechNY, All rights reserved.