October 1, 2020
TechNY15 Stock Index:1,253.25 (+38.51)
Keeping the NYC Tech Industry Informed and Connected
1. NYC-based co-living startup Common has raised $50 million in a Series D funding. The round was led by Kinnevik with participation from Maveron, 8VC and Norwest Venture Partners. Common, which now has 17,500 units under development in 26 cities, is designing work-and-live buildings that focus on the needs of remote workers. (www.common.com) (The Real Deal)
2. NYC’s Ionir, a storage and data management platform for the cloud, has raised $11 million in a Series A financing. Jerusalem Venture Partners led the round and was joined by investors including C5 Capital. The company’s products are focused on the open source Kubernetes platform. Ionir is one of the many Israeli startups in NYC. (www.Ionir.com) (BusinessWire)
3. Stamford’s XFL, a startup football league, is relaunching in 2022. The league shut down during its 2020 season due to the pandemic and filed for bankruptcy a short time later. New ownership of the league includes actor Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. (www.xfl.com) (ESPN)
4. NYC’s HAGS, a social network for high school students, has raised $1 million in a seed round funding. GV (Google Ventures) led the round and was joined by NYC’s BoxGroup. The HAGS app leverages high school networks, prompting users to log into a network for their specific school. (www.hags.app) (TechCrunch)
5. NYC’s Aaptiv, a mobile fitness app, is reportedly exploring a sale of the company. Aaptiv has raised a total of $52 million from investors including Insight Partners, Amazon’s Alexa Fund, NYC’s 14W and Disney. (www.aaptiv.com) (Bloomberg)
Small Planet partners with the world’s most innovative companies to create inspired apps and websites. Development, UX design, monetization strategies, user acquisition, and more. Contact us. (Sponsored)
6. NYC’s Attentive, a marketing mobile messaging platform, has raised $230 million in a Series D funding. Coatue led the round at a $2.2 billion valuation and was joined by NYC’s Tiger Global, Wellington Management Company, D1 Capital Partners, Atomico and Sozo Ventures. Companies such as Coach, Urban Outfitters and Jack in the Box use Attentive’s text messaging platform as a channel for businesses to reach consumers. (www.attentivemobile.com) (Forbes)
7. NYC’s UiPath, a software robotic process automation platform, is reportedly hiring investment banks to gear up for an initial public offering in 2021. The IPO could value the company as high as $15 billion. UiPath currently generates over $400 million in annual revenue. (www.uipath.com) (Reuters).
8. NYC’s BrandTotal, a brand marketing analytics company, has raised $12 million in a Series B funding. INcapital Ventures led the round and was joined by Maor Investments, Glilot Capital Partners, Flint Capital, KDC Media Fund and FJ Labs. The company’s platform provides users with real time competitive intelligence on their competitor’s social media strategy. (www.brandtotal.com) (PR Newswire)
9. Brooklyn’s Conjure (formerly, Mobley), a furniture rental startup, has raised $9 million in a seed funding. The round included $4 million in equity led by Pillar VC and RiverPark Ventures, and $5 million in debt financing led by CoVenture. Conjure offers renters “flexible ownership,” of designer selected furniture whereby at the end of the lease, renters can choose to swap out pieces or purchase them. (www.conjure.co) (Crunchbase News)
We have special sale pricing on TechNY Daily sponsorship and advertising opportunities. For information, contact: Lauren@techny.nyc
TechNY Recruit Jobs
Job Postings are on sale. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy.
Director, Account Management
Enterprise Sales Director (Banking and Financial Services)
Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
Manager, Software Engineering
Agilis Chemicals (new)
Transforming chemical industry with modern commerce technology
Business Development Manager — Enterprise SaaS
Marketing Director — Enterprise SaaS
Awarded for four consecutive years as one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in NYC, LiveAuctioneers is the largest online marketplace for one-of-a-kind items, rare collectibles, and coveted goods.
Product Marketing Manager
Senior Marketing Manager
Salesforce Admin//Business Operations & Intelligence Associate
Account Manager (Key Accounts)
We are a SaaS solution that makes crypto accounting easy. We are a trusted, blockchain-native technology team that is passionate about digital asset technology. Our team is continuously collaborating and designing new products and initiatives to expand our market presence. Technology and customers are at the center of our universe. We dedicate our energy to learning, building, adapting, and achieving impactful results.
Customer Success Specialist
Third Party Risk Manager or Director
Sales Proposal Manager
Great Jones (new)
Great Jones brings ease and performance to rental ownership and living, starting by reinventing property management for the several trillion (!) dollars in rental homes owned by small-scale investors.
Summer’s mission is to help the 45 million Americans burdened by student debt save time and money through smart, algorithm-based recommendations. Summer combines policy expertise and innovative technology to serve student loan borrowers across the country.
A pioneer in patient data, privacy, and analytics, Crossix leverages the industry’s most advanced technology to connect comprehensive health and non-health data, covering more than 300 million lives — all in a privacy-safe way.
Senior Director, Engineering, Veeva Data Cloud
Principal Software Engineer
Our mission: To democratize Discovery.
Enterprise Account Executive
A personalized subscription site for pop culture’s biggest fans.
Director of Engineering
Founded by Dave Duffield (founder and former CEO of Workday and PeopleSoft) in 2017, Ridgeline’s goal is to revolutionize technology for the investment management industry. We are building an end-to-end cloud platform on a modern infrastructure using AWS, serverless technologies, which up to this point hasn’t been done in the enterprise space.
Front End/UI Architect
Software Engineering Manager, UI
Simon Data is the only enterprise customer data platform with a fully-integrated marketing cloud. Our platform empowers businesses to leverage enterprise-scale big data and machine learning to power customer communications in any channel.
Senior Front-End Engineer
Director of Product Design
Client Solutions Analyst
Director, Enterprise Sales
Full Stack Engineer
K50 Ventures (part of the Kairos HQ family) invests in entrepreneurs making work and life better for the “99% economy”. Each year, we invest in the outliers across the globe that are building mission-driven companies in the categories of Housing, Health & Wellness, Education, Finances, and Future of Work.
Venture Analyst (internship)
Retirement made easy.
Senior Fullstack Engineer
Package Free is on a mission to make the world less trashy though offering products that help you reduce waste daily. We source our products from individuals and brands with missions to create a positive environmental impact and since launching, have diverted over 100 million pieces of trash from landfills.
Director of Growth Marketing, Brooklyn NY
Hyperscience is the automation company that enables data to flow within and between the world’s leading firms in financial services, insurance, healthcare and government markets. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in New York City with offices in Sofia, Bulgaria and London, UK, we’ve raised more than $50 million raised to date and are growing quickly. We welcome anyone who believes in big ideas and demonstrates a willingness to learn, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team and make a difference in our organization and for our customers.
Machine Learning Engineer
Senior Security Engineer
Braavo provides on demand funding for mobile apps and games. We offer a flexible and affordable funding alternative to the traditional sources of capital like working with a VC or bank. We’re changing the way mobile entrepreneurs finance and grow their app businesses. Our predictive technology delivers on demand, performance-based funding, without dilution or personal guarantees. By providing non-dilutive, yet scalable alternatives to equity, we’re helping founders retain control of their companies.
Business Development Manager
VP of Marketing
Head of Sales
At Yogi, we help companies decipher customer feedback, from ratings and reviews to surveys and support requests. Companies are inundated with feedback, but when it comes to turning this data into actionable business decisions, most companies fall short. That’s where Yogi fits in.
Full Stack Software Engineer
We’re passionate marketers, engineers and innovators building the technology to power the future of commerce. We’re a B2B2 SaaS platform helping the world’s most interesting retailers and direct-to-consumer brands remove friction from the customer experience to deliver recurring revenue through subscriptions programs — shifting their consumer interactions from one-and-done transactions to long-lived, highly profitable relationships.
Upper90 is an alternative credit manager based in New York City that has deployed over $500m within 18 months of inception.
Investor Relations Analyst
Change the way the world buys home services by connecting customers with vetted, independent service professionals at the tap of a button.
UpScored is the only career site that uses data science to connect you with jobs suited specifically to you while automatically learning your career interests. Its AI-powered platform decreases job search time by 90%, showing you the jobs you’re most likely to get (and want) in less than 2 minutes.
Senior Frontend Developer
Senior Backend Developer
Ianuly Talent Accelerators
We are the talent acceleration partner for venture-backed fast growth tech startups.
Dev Ops Engineer
Frame.io is a video review and collaboration platform designed to unify media assets and creative conversations in a user-friendly environment. Headquartered in New York City, Frame.io was developed by filmmakers, VFX artists and post production executives. Today, we support nearly 1 million media professionals at enterprises including Netflix, Buzzfeed, Turner, NASA & Vice Media.
Frontend Engineering Manager
Sr. Swift Engineer
Lead Product Designer
Attentive is a personalized mobile messaging platform built for innovative e-commerce and retail brands. We just raised $40M from Sequoia Capital to build a lot of great products.
Enterprise Account Executive
Sales Development Representative
Senior Client Strategy Manager
Director of Client Strategy
Ladders is the leading $100K+ professional community. We focus on the careers, professional growth and office lifestyle of the top 25% of the workforce. With Ladders News, we provide the information and entertainment that our audience needs for lifelong career success, while Ladders Jobs is the largest source for $100K+ jobs in the US and Canada.
Technical Product Manager
NYC startup revolutionizing the locksmith industry with innovative robotics and mobile technology.
Customer Experience Representative
Inbound Phone Sales Representative
Systems Software Engineer
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile.
Enterprise Sales Director — New York
Postlight is building an extraordinary team that loves to make great digital products — come join us!
Full Stack Engineer
Deliver your job listings directly to 46,000 members of the NYC tech community at an amazingly low cost. Find out how: email@example.com
NYC Tech Industry Virtual Event Calendar
Contact Us for Free Listing of Your Web-based Events
Building the Modern Revenue Team: Scaling the SDR Function.
Bridge Executive Series — Hosted by Josh Silverman, Etsy CEO (4:30PM)
Rise Presents: The Back to Work Event Series
Rise Presents: FinTech Across the Globe
Send us your events to list (it’s Free!) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Did You Miss Anything Important?
Read Our TechNY Daily Past Editions
TechNY Daily is distributed three times a week to 46,000 members of NYC’s tech and digital media industry.
Forward the TechNY Daily to a friend