August 16, 2021
TechNY15 Stock Index: 1,431.48 (-34.74) (-2.7%)
Keeping Our 50,000 NYC Tech Industry Readers Informed
1. Englewood Cliff’s OwnBackup, a cloud data protection platform, has raised $240 million in a Series E funding at a $3.35 billion valuation. Alkeon Capital and B Capital Group co-led the round and were joined by NYC’s BlackRock Private Equity Partners, NYC’s Tiger Global, NYC’s Insight Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Sapphire Ventures and Vertex Ventures. OwnBackup’s platform is integrated into Salesforce and provides backup, recovery, compare and archive functionality for complex datasets. (www.ownbackup.com) (VentureBeat)
2. WeWork and Saks Fifth Avenue have partnered to convert unneeded retail space into office rentals. The luxury department store will open the first SaksWorks spaces in September in the New York metro area, including at its flagship store on Fifth Avenue. (New York Post)
3. NYC’s Octane Lending, a lending platform for ATV and motorcycle buyers, has raised $52 million in a Series D funding at a $900 million valuation.Progressive Investment Company led the round and was joined by Valar Ventures, Upper90, Contour Venture Partners, Citi Ventures, Third Prime, Parkwood, Gaingels and ALIVE. Octane is an end-to-end buying solution which includes consumer pre-qualification tools, instant full-spectrum financing and digital deal closing. (www.octane.co) (TechCrunch)
4. NYC’s Lunchbox, an ordering platform for restaurants, has acquired NYC’s Spread, a delivery platform for small restaurants. The financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. Spread has more than 1,500 restaurants on its platform. (www.lunchbox.io) (The Spoon)
5. NYC’s CityRow, a “Peloton for rowers” has raised $12 million in a Series A fund. The round was led by JW Asset Management with participation by Sol Global and K2. The company, which sells its own brand of connected rowers, offers classes live in-studio as well as 700 more streamed on-demand. (www.cityrow.com) (PR Newswire)
6. New Haven’s CoreChain Technologies, a blockchain-based B2B payments network, has raised $1.25 million in a pre-seed funding. Investors included Ulu Ventures, Connecticut Innovations, Bloccelerate VC and New Form Capital. The company provides a blockchain-based B2B payments solution to enterprise clients. (www.corechain.tech) (BusinessWire)
Small Planet offers on-demand teams that allow you to scale rapidly and accelerate delivery timelines. Our developers and designers can onboard quickly to help you build out iOS, Android, Full Stack, and Shopify products. Do you have short-term or project-specific needs? Contact us.
7. NYC’s YOOBIC, a communication app for frontline teams, has raised $50 million in a Series C funding. Highland Europe led the round and was joined by Felix Capital, NYC’s Insight Partners and BNF Capital. Yoobic‘s platform is used by 300 brands covering 335,000 locations including Lacoste, Peloton, Puma, Vans, Untuckit, Roots and Canada Goose. (www.yoobic.com) (TechCrunch)
8. NYC’s H1, a “LinkedIn for healthcare,” has acquired Portland, Oregon-based Carevoyance, a marketing platform for medical device sellers. The financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. H1’s platform provides in-depth profiles of 10 million healthcare professionals worldwide. (www.h1insights.com) (www.carevoyance.com) (Fierce Healthcare)
9. NYC’s Messari, a crypto market intelligence platform, has closed $21 million in a Series A funding. The round was led by Point72 Ventures with participation from Coinbase Ventures, Uncork Capital, Underscore VC, Alameda Research, Blockchain Ventures, CMS Holdings, Gemini Frontier Fund, Kraken Ventures and Nascent. The company’s analytics tools are used by companies such as Coinbase, Blocktower and Chainalysis. (www.messari.io) (Coin Telegraph)
10. NYC’s Polywork, a professional social network, has raised $13 million in a seed funding. Andreessen Horowitz led the round and was joined by Caffeinated Capital, Goldcrest Capital, Bungalow Capital, 20VC Anthony and well-known talent agent Ari Emanuel. Polywork gives users a chance to blend personal and professional profiles to offer a fuller portrait of who they are and what they have to offer. (www.polywork.com) (Business Leader)
11. NYC’s Work-Bench, an enterprise technology-focused venture capital firm, has raised $100 million for a new fund — its third. The firm’s investments are focused on NYC-based early stage enterprise technology startups and include Cockroach Labs, Catalyst and FireHydrant. (www.work-bench.com) (TechCrunch)
12. NYC’s Catch, a benefits platform for independent workers, has raised $12 million in a Series A funding. Crosslink Capital led the round and was joined by Khosla Ventures, Kindred Ventures, Nyca Partners and Urban Innovation Fund. Catch provides an all-in-one platform that takes care of tax withholding, retirement investment, health and dental insurance for independent works. (www.catch.co) (PR Newswire)
We have special sale pricing on TechNY Daily sponsorship and advertising opportunities. For information, contact: Lauren@techny.nyc
TechNY Recruit Jobs
Job Postings are on sale. Contact us at email@example.com
Yotpo is a leading eCommerce marketing platform on a mission to help brands of all sizes accelerate their growth through exceptional customer experiences. Yotpo secured a $230 million fundraising round in March (you can call us a unicorn our valuation is now $1.4 billion), and our primary goal is to deliver the best technology in the industry.
Customer Success Manager
Strategic Client Success Manager
Product Marketing Manager
Director of Employer Branding
Senior Salesforce Admin
Director of CS
SMS Account Director
Strategic SMS Account Director
Partner Marketing Manager
Sales Strategy & Operations Manager
Partner Operations Manager
LeafLink is the cannabis industry’s standard wholesale ordering platform and the largest B2B marketplace connecting licensed cannabis brands and retailers across the country.
Brand & Content Marketing Director
Senior Regional Marketing Manager
Senior Product Marketing Manager
Senior Growth Marketing Manager
Ethena delivers modern, effective workplace eLearning. Our first product, harassment prevention training, focuses on culture change over compliance. Ethena is trusted by some of the most innovative companies including Netflix, Zendesk, Figma, and Medium. We are backed by top-tier investors like GSV, Homebrew, and Neo.
Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Senior Front-End Engineer
Senior Backend Engineer
Lead Product Manager
Growth Marketing and Demand Generation Lead
Mid-Market Account Executive
Slate is a web and mobile product used by some of the top brands in the world to create branded social media content in seconds. Slate has customers from the NFL, NBA, MLB, MLS, EPL as well as some of the largest media, beauty and entertainment brands in the world.
Product Designer, UI/UX
Ceros is looking for a New Business Director to join our team! If you’re not familiar with us, Ceros is a cloud-based platform that empowers over 650 clients the likes of Red Bull, Aon and McKinsey to create interactive digital content without any coding resources.
Remote New Business Director
LeagueApps is the operating system and community for youth and local sports leaders. We power thousands of clubs, tournaments, leagues, camps, and facilities with a platform that reaches more than 10 million participants nationwide.
Stellar Health (new)
Stellar Health is a healthcare technology company that helps providers and health insurance companies improve quality and financial performance by prompting providers and their practice staff with recommended value-based actions and real-time payments at the point of care.
Senior Technical Recruiter
Senior Software Engineer
Love a good challenge? Try the Hack our bank puzzle! We are building Grist, a next-generation hybrid spreadsheet-database. You’ll find here the unique combination of a small team in early stages of growth, and a well-developed product with great potential and much work ahead.
Ladders is the leading $100K+ professional community. We focus on the careers, professional growth, and office lifestyle of the top 25% of the workforce. With Ladders News, we provide the information and entertainment that our audience needs for lifelong career success, while Ladders Jobs is the largest source for $100K+ jobs in the US and Canada.
SEO Strategist Software Engineer III
Lead Product Designer
Director, Technical Product Management
BrainStation is the global leader in digital skills training and workforce transformation, offering hands-on and outcomes-based courses in subjects such as Web Development, User Experience Design, Data Science and Digital Marketing.
Educator, UX Design
Educator, Data Science
Educator, Web Development
Business Development Representative
Junior Sales Coordinator
Coordinator, Customer Experience
Coordinator, Talent Acquisition
TripleLift is a technology company rooted at the intersection of creative and media. We are an advertising platform where creative fits seamlessly into every experience across desktop, mobile and video. We help make advertising work for everyone. Advertising is important. We didn’t invent advertising, but we are making advertising better.
Senior Software Engineer
Product Manager — OTT Monetization Platform
Capitolis is the leading SaaS platform that drives financial resource optimization for capital markets. More than 50 financial institutions, as well as many hedge funds and asset managers, leverage Capitolis’ technology to bring the best services to market and achieve high levels of return, while using the most appropriate amounts of their financial resources. Backed by world class investors, including Index Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Spark Capital, SVB Capital and S Capital, Capitolis is growing rapidly in our offices in New York, London and Tel Aviv.
Director of Client Services
Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
Director of Demand Generation (NYC)
Adoption Manager (NYC or London)
FX Operations Analyst (NYC or London)
Director of Product Management (NYC)
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. We work with 3,500+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box.
Sales Development Representative
Senior Client Strategy Manager
Director of Client Strategy
Mantra Health is a digital mental health company on a mission to improve access to quality mental healthcare for university students throughout the United States through the marriage of evidence-based therapy and psychiatry with software, data, and design.
Business Development Manager
We are a SaaS solution that makes crypto accounting easy. We are a trusted, blockchain-native technology team that is passionate about digital asset technology. Our team is continuously collaborating and designing new products and initiatives to expand our market presence. Technology and customers are at the center of our universe. We dedicate our energy to learning, building, adapting, and achieving impactful results.
Senior Front End Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Software Test Engineer
Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy.
Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
Manager, Software Engineering
Our mission: To democratize Discovery.
Enterprise Account Executive
A personalized subscription site for pop culture’s biggest fans.
Director of Engineering
Retirement made easy.
Senior Fullstack Engineer
Hyperscience is the automation company that enables data to flow within and between the world’s leading firms in financial services, insurance, healthcare and government markets. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in New York City with offices in Sofia, Bulgaria and London, UK, we’ve raised more than $50 million raised to date and are growing quickly. We welcome anyone who believes in big ideas and demonstrates a willingness to learn, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team and make a difference in our organization and for our customers.
Machine Learning Engineer
Braavo provides on demand funding for mobile apps and games. We offer a flexible and affordable funding alternative to the traditional sources of capital like working with a VC or bank. We’re changing the way mobile entrepreneurs finance and grow their app businesses. Our predictive technology delivers on demand, performance-based funding, without dilution or personal guarantees. By providing non-dilutive, yet scalable alternatives to equity, we’re helping founders retain control of their companies.
Business Development Manager
VP of Marketing
At Yogi, we help companies decipher customer feedback, from ratings and reviews to surveys and support requests. Companies are inundated with feedback, but when it comes to turning this data into actionable business decisions, most companies fall short. That’s where Yogi fits in.
Full Stack Software Engineer
Upper90 is an alternative credit manager based in New York City that has deployed over $500m within 18 months of inception.
Investor Relations Analyst
UpScored is the only career site that uses data science to connect you with jobs suited specifically to you while automatically learning your career interests. Its AI-powered platform decreases job search time by 90%, showing you the jobs you’re most likely to get (and want) in less than 2 minutes.
Senior Frontend Developer
Senior Backend Developer
Frame.io is a video review and collaboration platform designed to unify media assets and creative conversations in a user-friendly environment. Headquartered in New York City, Frame.io was developed by filmmakers, VFX artists and post production executives. Today, we support nearly 1 million media professionals at enterprises including Netflix, Buzzfeed, Turner, NASA & Vice Media.
Frontend Engineering Manager
Sr. Swift Engineer
Lead Product Designer
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile.
Enterprise Sales Director — New York
Postlight is building an extraordinary team that loves to make great digital products — come join us!
Full Stack Engineer
Deliver your job listings directly to 50,000 members of the NYC tech community at an amazingly low cost. Find out how: firstname.lastname@example.org
NYC Tech Industry Virtual Event Calendar
Contact Us for Free Listing of Your Web-based Events
Send us your events to list (it’s Free!) to: email@example.com
TechNY Daily is distributed three times a week to 50,000 members of NYC’s tech and digital media industry.
Connecting the New York Tech Industry
Social Media • Mobile • Digital Media • Big Data • AdTech • App Development • e-Commerce • Games • Analytics • FinTech • Web • Software • UX • Video • Digital Advertising • Content • SaaS • Open Source • Cloud Computing • AI • Web Design • Business Intelligence • Enterprise Software • EduTech • FashionTech • Incubators • Accelerators • Co-Working • TravelTech • Real Estate Tech
Copyright © 2021 TechNY, All rights reserved.