February 10, 2022
Keeping Our 50,000 NYC Tech Industry Readers Informed and Connected
1. Bloomberg takes a look at the poor job of money laundering done by an NYC couple charged with attempting to launder $4.5 billion of Bitcoin stolen from a crypto exchange. New Yorkers Ilya Lichtenstein, a self-described angel investor, and his wife, Heather Morgan, a purported entrepreneur and “business rapper” were arrested this week and their 119,754 Bitcoin associated with the 2016 Bitfinex hack were seized. Remarkably, most of the stolen Bitcoin were still being held in the same crypto wallet where they were originally deposited after the hack. Heather Morgan’s Wall Street rapping video can be found here. (Bloomberg)
2. NYC’s ConcertoCare, a provider of tech-enabled, at-home care for seniors, has raised $105 million in a Series B funding. The round was led by Wells Fargo Strategic Capital and joined by investors Obvious Ventures, Vast Ventures, The Schusterman Family Foundation, SteelSky Ventures, Pennington Partners and Deerfield Management. ConcertoCare deploys an interdisciplinary care team made up of physicians, nurses, pharmacists, health coaches and social workers that utilize a range of connected devices to help manage patient’s conditions and to optimize care delivery. (www.concertocare.com) (Healthcare Innovations)
3. NYC’s Crisp, a programmatic commerce platform for the consumer goods industry, has raised $35 million in a Series B funding. 3L led the round and was joined by FirstMark Capital, Spring Capital, 9Yards Capital and Gaingels. Crisp’s platform addresses supply chain challenges through a unified API that enables data-sharing across retail-supplier silos. (www.gocrisp.com) (AIThority)
4. NYC’s PlaceIQ, a data and technology provider for marketing and business decisions, has been acquired by Precisely. The financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. PlaceIQ had previously raised a total of $52 million from investors including NYC’s Harmony Partners, Valhalla Partners, U.S. Venture Partners, Iris Capital and IA Ventures. (www.placeiq.com) (www.precisely.com) (BusinessWire)
5. NYC’s Splendid Spoon, a plant-based meal subcription service, has raised $12 million in a Series B funding. The round was led by Nicoya and joined by Torch Capital, Danone Manifesto Ventures, Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian and Rent the Runway co-founder Jennifer Fleiss. Splendid Spoon delivers a selection of plant-based, gluten-free smoothies, shots, soups, grain bowls and noodles via a subscription model. (www.splendidspoon.com) (Food Business News)
Small Planet offers on-demand teams that allow you to scale rapidly and accelerate delivery timelines. Our developers and designers can onboard quickly to help you build out iOS, Android, Full Stack, and Shopify products. Do you have short-term or project-specific needs? Contact us.
6. Peloton is replacing its CEO and cutting 2,800 jobs. Co-Founder and CEO John Foley is stepping down to become Executive Chairman and former Spotify and Netflix CFO Barry McCarthy will become the new CEO. The layoffs include about 20% of the company’s corporate jobs. After being beaten down for months, Peloton’s stock is soaring on rumors of the company being bought by either Amazon or Nike. (www.onepeloton.com) (CNN)
7. NYC’s Pixel Vault, an NFT platform, has raised $100 million in a venture funding round. Investors including Adam Bain, 01 Advisors and Velvet Sea Ventures. The company started as a massive NFT collection of superheroes with a goal of growing into a decentralized Marvel-esque empire. (www.punkscomic.com) (TechCrunch)
8. NYC’s Torii, an automated SaaS management platform, has raised $50 million in a Series B funding. NYC’s Tiger Global led the round and was joined by Wing Venture Capital, Global Founders Capital, Uncork Capital, Entree Capital, and Scopus Ventures. Companies such as Instacart, Bumble, Athletic Greens, Palo Alto Networks and Payoneer use Torii’s platform to manage their cloud based applications. (www.toriihq.com) (BusinessWire)
9. Delivery startup Jokr is reportedly looking to leave the NYC market. The company is reportedly in talks to sell its New York operations to several rivals, including Gopuff, Getir and FastAF. Jokr’s instant delivery plans are based on renting a network of neighborhood warehouses where it would hold inventory to be delivered nearby.
10. NYC’s LEX Markets, a real estate investment platform, has raised $15 million in a Series A funding. PEAK6 Strategic Capital led the round and was joined by investors including Khosla Ventures, Two Lanterns, MUFG Innovation Partners and Gaingels. The company’s platform allows non-accredited retail investors to directly invest in individual commercial real estate properties. (www.lex-markets.com) (BusinessWire)
We have special sale pricing on TechNY Daily sponsorship and advertising opportunities. For information, contact: Lauren@techny.nyc
TechNY Recruit Jobs
Job Postings are on sale.
Contact us at email@example.com
Pet Plate (new)
Love dogs? Love food? Come join us! PetPlate is on a mission to improve the lives of dogs through better nutrition. We sell human-grade, fresh-cooked meals and organic treats and supplements for dogs through an online subscription service and the independent pet retail channel. We recently raised a $19M Series B to help fuel our expansion in a category that is driving the growth of the $42BN pet food industry.
Senior Director of Engineering
Senior Software Engineer
Product Development Manager
Director of Customer Care
ERA is an early-stage investment fund and technology accelerator in NYC. Since 2011, ERA has invested in 265+ companies (including three “unicorns”) through its accelerator platform. Its portfolio companies are currently playing leading roles in the evolution of virtually every major global industry.
The world’s only universal shopping app. nate is a venture-backed, intelligent automation, social shopping and payments startup, with offices in New York and London. nate just closed it’s series A round, raising 38MM from Renegade, Forerunner Ventures, Coatue and Canaan, among others.
Awarded for four consecutive years as one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in NYC, LiveAuctioneers is the largest online marketplace for one-of-a-kind items, rare collectibles, and coveted goods.
Product Marketing Manager
Ladders has been a leader in high-end careers for over 15 years. We’re a community of professionals that top companies work with to find expert applicants fast. Wprovide our nine million members with top-tier job search and services like Apply4Me, which ends time-wasting job application forms forever. Our community is diverse, putting talent first to create teams that communicate, innovate, and turn real-world issues into products and services that answer needs. If you see obstacles as exercise and expertise as enjoyment, get in touch.
Software Engineer III (Remote)
VP, Finance (Remote)
VP, Sales (Remote)
Our mission is to be commercial real estate’s modern operating system, the place where data comes to life and deals happen.
Senior Software Engineer
Sales Development Representative
Senior Sales Development Representative
Collectors is the leader in third-party authentication and grading services for high-value collectibles including trading cards (PSA/Professional Sports Authenticator), coins (Professional Coin Grading Services), video games (WATA), event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia.
Senior Software Engineer
CookUnity is the first Chef-Direct Subscription service — a chef-to-food lover marketplace connecting the country’s most talented chefs with eaters (consumers). We are on a mission to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses. We recently raised a $47M Series B which will help us expand our purpose across the US and reach out to more chefs and more eaters than ever before.
Director of Engineering, ChefOS Zone
Tech Lead, Ops Tech
Movable Ink (new)
Movable Ink is a software company that helps businesses earn attention in a world where time is precious and creativity is power. Founded in 2010, Movable Ink activates any data into real-time, personalized content in any customer touchpoint. With more than 400 employees, the company is headquartered in New York City with operations throughout North America, Central America, Europe, Australia, and Japan.
Bluecore uses predictive intelligence to automatically connect shoppers to products, content, and offers, wherever they are. We recently gained unicorn status and have been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Fortune, and BuiltIn among others. Come join us!
Engineering Manager — Audiences
Customer Success Manager
Check is a payroll-as-a-service API that lets you embed payroll directly in your vertical SaaS, HR, or time-tracking platform. Our API abstracts away the complexities of running payroll: tax calculation, remittance, and filing, plus the movement of money between companies and employees. This enables companies to easily build fully integrated payroll products to offer to their customers. It is an exciting time for our team as we are onboarding new companies and employees to the platform weekly!
Risk Operations Lead
Senior Legal Operations and Licensing Specialist
Senior Technical Recruiter
Partner Success Manager
Business Development Representative
Strategic Sales — Growth Segment
A made-to-fade tattoo brand reimagining the tattoo industry through technology and owned studios. Read more about us at Fast Company and Forbes.
Director of Engineering & IT
Email & Marketing Automation Lead
Director of Engineering & IT
Email & Marketing Automation Lead
Fora is re-inventing the travel agent experience for travelers and advisors. Anyone will be able to become a Fora travel advisor and start earning by selling, planning, and booking trips, enabling you to grow your own travel business — as a side hustle or a new career. Founded by three repeat entrepreneurs and backed by leading investors, we are building our initial team in lower Manhattan
Product Manager-Travel Advisor Platform
Technical Product Manager
Palo Alto Networks
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Senior Software Engineer
Yotpo is a leading eCommerce marketing platform on a mission to help brands of all sizes accelerate their growth through exceptional customer experiences. Yotpo secured a $230 million fundraising round in March (you can call us a unicorn our valuation is now $1.4 billion), and our primary goal is to deliver the best technology in the industry.
Strategic Client Success Manager
Senior Salesforce Admin
Strategic SMS Account Director
Sales Strategy & Operations Manager
Partner Operations Manager
Ethena is a compliance training platform built for today’s teams. Our micro-learning approach is designed for retention, and our entertaining and informative content is designed for a cringe-free experience. We recently raised a Series A led by top-tier firm Felicis, and are now expanding our product offerings and platform functionality.
Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Senior Front-End Engineer
Senior Backend Engineer
Mid-Market Account Executive
LeagueApps is the operating system and community for youth and local sports leaders. We power thousands of clubs, tournaments, leagues, camps, and facilities with a platform that reaches more than 10 million participants nationwide.
The future of Search, an API call away.
BrainStation is the global leader in digital skills training and workforce transformation, offering hands-on and outcomes-based courses in subjects such as Web Development, User Experience Design, Data Science and Digital Marketing.
Hyperscience is the automation company that enables data to flow within and between the world’s leading firms in financial services, insurance, healthcare and government markets. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in New York City with offices in Sofia, Bulgaria and London, UK, we’ve raised more than $50 million raised to date and are growing quickly. We welcome anyone who believes in big ideas and demonstrates a willingness to learn, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team and make a difference in our organization and for our customers.
Machine Learning Engineer
Braavo provides on demand funding for mobile apps and games. We offer a flexible and affordable funding alternative to the traditional sources of capital like working with a VC or bank. We’re changing the way mobile entrepreneurs finance and grow their app businesses. Our predictive technology delivers on demand, performance-based funding, without dilution or personal guarantees. By providing non-dilutive, yet scalable alternatives to equity, we’re helping founders retain control of their companies.
Business Development Manager
UpScored is the only career site that uses data science to connect you with jobs suited specifically to you while automatically learning your career interests. Its AI-powered platform decreases job search time by 90%, showing you the jobs you’re most likely to get (and want) in less than 2 minutes.
Senior Frontend Developer
Senior Backend Developer
Deliver your job listings directly to 50,000 members of the NYC tech community at an amazingly low cost. Find out how: firstname.lastname@example.org
NYC Tech Industry Virtual Event Calendar
Contact Us for Free Listing of Your Web-based Events
Send us your events to list (it’s Free!) to: email@example.com
TechNY Daily is distributed three times a week to 50,000 members of NYC’s tech and digital media industry.
Connecting the New York Tech Industry
Social Media • Mobile • Digital Media • Big Data • AdTech • App Development • e-Commerce • Games • Analytics • FinTech • Web • Software • UX • Video • Digital Advertising • Content • SaaS • Open Source • Cloud Computing • AI • Web Design • Business Intelligence • Enterprise Software • EduTech • FashionTech • Incubators • Accelerators • Co-Working • TravelTech • Real Estate Tech
Copyright © 2022 TechNY, All rights reserved.