January 10, 2022
Keeping Our 50,000 NYC Tech Industry Readers Informed and Connected
1. NYC’s Opensea, an NFT marketplace, has raised $300 million in a Series C funding at a $13.3 billion valuation. The round was led by Paradigm and Coatue. OpenSea had more than $2.4 billion in NFT transaction volume in the past 30 days. (www.opensea.io) (TechCrunch)
2. Mobile sports betting has became legal in NY. At 9:01 am on January 8th, four casino operators — Caesars Sportsbook, DraftKings, NYC’s FanDuel and Rush Street Interactive — started to take bets placed from inside of NY. (New York Post)
3. NYC’s CLEAR, a secure identity platform, has acquired NYC’s Whyline, a virtual queuing and appointment platform. The purchase price for the all cash deal was not disclosed. Whyline had previously raised $5.6 million from investors including e.Republic Ventures and CivStart. (www.clearme.com) (www.whyline.com) (PR Newswire)
4. NYC venture capital firm Crossbeam Venture Partners has raised $70 million for a new fund, its second. The Crossbeam II fund will participate in Seed and Series A rounds for startups focused on fintech, novel asset classes and new forms of media. (www.crossbeam.vc) (PR Newswire)
5. NYC’s GreenSpark, a digital platform for metal recyclers, has raised $5 million in a Series A financing. NYC’s Tiger Global led the round and was joined by Bienville Capital. GreenSpark provides an end-to-end, web-based solution for metal recyclers, helping them save time and money by streamlining their operation and increasing their access to data. (www.greensparksoftware.com) (BusinessWire)
Small Planet offers on-demand teams that allow you to scale rapidly and accelerate delivery timelines. Our developers and designers can onboard quickly to help you build out iOS, Android, Full Stack, and Shopify products. Do you have short-term or project-specific needs? Contact us.
6. NYC’s Petal, which uses a holistic underwriting model to qualify consumers for its credit card, has raised $140 million in a Series D funding at a $800 million valuation. Tarsadia Investments led the round with participation from Valar Ventures, CUNA Mutual, Encore Bank, Volery Capital Partners, Gopher Asset Management, RiverPark Ventures, Afore Capital and Gaingels. A majority of Petal members had thin or no credit history, and more than 40% of new members approved for a Petal card in 2021 were first denied credit by a major bank. (www.petalcard.com) (TechCrunch)
7. The New York Times is buying San Francisco’s The Athletic, a subscription-based sports news site. The purchase price is $550 million. The Athletic, which has 1.2 million subscribers, will remain a standalone platform. (www.nytimes.com) (www.theathletic.com) (CNBC)
8. NYC’s Ampla, a credit services startup for sales and marketing firms, has raised $40 million in a Series A funding. The round co-led by Forerunner Ventures and VMG Partners and was joined by Core Innovation Capital. Ampla aims to provide a capital solution for e-commerce brand by providing fully transparent interest rates, larger credit limits and non-dilutive capital. (www.getampla.com) (BusinessWire)
9. White Plains’ ReadyWorks, a digital conductor platform for IT infrastructure, has raised $8 million in a Series A financing round. Credit Suisse Asset Management’s Next Investors led the round. ReadyWorks’ tools enable I&O vendors to manage their infrastructure, regardless of the environment or location (www.readyworks.com) (VentureBeat)
10. NYC’s Adventr, a video creation platform, has raised $5 million in a seed round. Paladin Capital led the round and was joined by Reinventure Capital, Invisible Ventures and music artist, John Legend. Adventr is developing a low-cost, easy-to-use, interactive video creation, editing and cross-platform video distribution platform. (www.adventr.io) (PR Newswire)
We have special sale pricing on TechNY Daily sponsorship and advertising opportunities. For information, contact: Lauren@techny.nyc
TechNY Recruit Jobs
Job Postings are on sale.
Contact us at email@example.com
Collectors is the leader in third-party authentication and grading services for high-value collectibles including trading cards (PSA/Professional Sports Authenticator), coins (Professional Coin Grading Services), video games (WATA), event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia.
Senior Software Engineer
CookUnity is the first Chef-Direct Subscription service — a chef-to-food lover marketplace connecting the country’s most talented chefs with eaters (consumers). We are on a mission to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses. We recently raised a $47M Series B which will help us expand our purpose across the US and reach out to more chefs and more eaters than ever before.
Director of Engineering, ChefOS Zone
Tech Lead, Ops Tech
Movable Ink (new)
Movable Ink is a software company that helps businesses earn attention in a world where time is precious and creativity is power. Founded in 2010, Movable Ink activates any data into real-time, personalized content in any customer touchpoint. With more than 400 employees, the company is headquartered in New York City with operations throughout North America, Central America, Europe, Australia, and Japan.
Bluecore uses predictive intelligence to automatically connect shoppers to products, content, and offers, wherever they are. We recently gained unicorn status and have been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Fortune, and BuiltIn among others. Come join us!
Engineering Manager — Audiences
Customer Success Manager
Check is a payroll-as-a-service API that lets you embed payroll directly in your vertical SaaS, HR, or time-tracking platform. Our API abstracts away the complexities of running payroll: tax calculation, remittance, and filing, plus the movement of money between companies and employees. This enables companies to easily build fully integrated payroll products to offer to their customers. It is an exciting time for our team as we are onboarding new companies and employees to the platform weekly!
Risk Operations Lead
Senior Legal Operations and Licensing Specialist
Senior Technical Recruiter
Partner Success Manager
Business Development Representative
Strategic Sales — Growth Segment
A made-to-fade tattoo brand reimagining the tattoo industry through technology and owned studios. Read more about us at Fast Company and Forbes.
Director of Engineering & IT
Email & Marketing Automation Lead
Director of Engineering & IT
Email & Marketing Automation Lead
Fora is re-inventing the travel agent experience for travelers and advisors. Anyone will be able to become a Fora travel advisor and start earning by selling, planning, and booking trips, enabling you to grow your own travel business — as a side hustle or a new career. Founded by three repeat entrepreneurs and backed by leading investors, we are building our initial team in lower Manhattan
Product Manager-Travel Advisor Platform
Technical Product Manager
Palo Alto Networks
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Senior Software Engineer
Our mission is to be commercial real estate’s modern operating system, the place where data comes to life and deals happen.
Senior Software Engineer, Site Reliability & Platform
Senior Software Engineer, VTS Rise
Investment Research Manager
Senior Product Marketing Manager
Staff Software Engineer, Rise
The world’s only universal shopping app. nate is a venture-backed, intelligent automation, social shopping and payments startup, with offices in New York and London. nate just closed it’s series A round, raising 38MM from Renegade, Forerunner Ventures, Coatue and Canaan, among others.
Yotpo is a leading eCommerce marketing platform on a mission to help brands of all sizes accelerate their growth through exceptional customer experiences. Yotpo secured a $230 million fundraising round in March (you can call us a unicorn our valuation is now $1.4 billion), and our primary goal is to deliver the best technology in the industry.
Strategic Client Success Manager
Senior Salesforce Admin
Strategic SMS Account Director
Sales Strategy & Operations Manager
Partner Operations Manager
LeafLink is the cannabis industry’s standard wholesale ordering platform and the largest B2B marketplace connecting licensed cannabis brands and retailers across the country.
Senior Growth Marketing Manager
Ethena is a compliance training platform built for today’s teams. Our micro-learning approach is designed for retention, and our entertaining and informative content is designed for a cringe-free experience. We recently raised a Series A led by top-tier firm Felicis, and are now expanding our product offerings and platform functionality.
Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Senior Front-End Engineer
Senior Backend Engineer
Mid-Market Account Executive
LeagueApps is the operating system and community for youth and local sports leaders. We power thousands of clubs, tournaments, leagues, camps, and facilities with a platform that reaches more than 10 million participants nationwide.
The future of Search, an API call away.
BrainStation is the global leader in digital skills training and workforce transformation, offering hands-on and outcomes-based courses in subjects such as Web Development, User Experience Design, Data Science and Digital Marketing.
Hyperscience is the automation company that enables data to flow within and between the world’s leading firms in financial services, insurance, healthcare and government markets. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in New York City with offices in Sofia, Bulgaria and London, UK, we’ve raised more than $50 million raised to date and are growing quickly. We welcome anyone who believes in big ideas and demonstrates a willingness to learn, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team and make a difference in our organization and for our customers.
Machine Learning Engineer
Braavo provides on demand funding for mobile apps and games. We offer a flexible and affordable funding alternative to the traditional sources of capital like working with a VC or bank. We’re changing the way mobile entrepreneurs finance and grow their app businesses. Our predictive technology delivers on demand, performance-based funding, without dilution or personal guarantees. By providing non-dilutive, yet scalable alternatives to equity, we’re helping founders retain control of their companies.
Business Development Manager
Upper90 is an alternative credit manager based in New York City that has deployed over $500m within 18 months of inception.
Investor Relations Analyst
UpScored is the only career site that uses data science to connect you with jobs suited specifically to you while automatically learning your career interests. Its AI-powered platform decreases job search time by 90%, showing you the jobs you’re most likely to get (and want) in less than 2 minutes.
Senior Frontend Developer
Senior Backend Developer
Deliver your job listings directly to 50,000 members of the NYC tech community at an amazingly low cost. Find out how: firstname.lastname@example.org
NYC Tech Industry Virtual Event Calendar
Contact Us for Free Listing of Your Web-based Events
Send us your events to list (it’s Free!) to: email@example.com
TechNY Daily is distributed three times a week to 50,000 members of NYC’s tech and digital media industry.
Connecting the New York Tech Industry
Social Media • Mobile • Digital Media • Big Data • AdTech • App Development • e-Commerce • Games • Analytics • FinTech • Web • Software • UX • Video • Digital Advertising • Content • SaaS • Open Source • Cloud Computing • AI • Web Design • Business Intelligence • Enterprise Software • EduTech • FashionTech • Incubators • Accelerators • Co-Working • TravelTech • Real Estate Tech
Copyright © 2022 TechNY, All rights reserved.