July 14, 2021
TechNY15 Stock Index: 1,476.42 (-18.49) (-1.2%)
To all our French readers Bonne Fete Nationale!
1. Twitter employees in New York returned to the office on Monday as the company reopened its corporate campuses at 50% capacity. An internal company survey found that 45% of employees in San Francisco and 63% in New York intend to return to the office, even if just one day per week. The remaining intend to keep working remotely. (Reuters)
2. NYC’s Mediaocean, a digital advertising workflow platform, has acquired NYC’s Flashtalking, a programmatic ad platform. The purchase price was $500 million. Flashtalking’s annual revenue are estimated to be between $100 and $150 million. (www.mediaocean.com) (www.flashtalking.com) (AdExchanger)
3. Brooklyn’s Acrylic, a new early stage venture capital firm focused on crypto, has raised $55 million for its first fund. The firm will invest in both traditional equity as well as tokens. (www.acrylic.co) (TechCrunch)
4. NYC’s Thrive Global, a wellness startup founded by Arianna Huffington, has raised $80 million in a Series C funding. Kleiner Perkins and Owl Ventures led the round and were joined by IVP, JAZZ Venture Partners and Goldman Sachs Asset Management. The company’s AI-based platform has been used by employees at more than 100 organizations in over 40 countries to adopt small, science-backed steps to help build healthy habits. (www.thriveglobal.com) (BusinessWire)
5. Brooklyn’s Ephemeral, a maker of tattoos that fade within 12 months, has raised $20 million in a Series A funding. Investors included Anthos Capital, NYC’s Primary Venture Partners, Canaan Partners, Techstars Ventures, Gaingels and The Syndicate Angels. Ephemeral has an eight-month waitlist for its Williamsburgh studio. (www.ephemeral.tattoo) (Bloomberg)
Small Planet partners with the world’s most innovative companies to create inspired apps and websites. Development, UX design, monetization strategies, user acquisition and more. Contact us. (Sponsored Content)
6. NYC’s Outbrain, a content recommendation platform, has raised $200 million in a funding round. The sole investor was private equity firm The Baupost Group. Outbrain recently filed to go public and reported $767 million in revenue for 2020 and $228 million in revenue for the first quarter of 2021 alone. (www.outbrain.com) (TechCrunch)
7. NYC’s Glossier, a digital-first beauty company, has raised $80 million in a Series E funding at $1.8 billion valuation. Lone Pine Capital led the round and was joined by Forerunner Ventures, Index Ventures, IVP, Sequoia Capital and NYC’s Thrive Capital. Glossier has over 5 million customers globally, with two out of five Gen Z and millennial-aged women in the U.S. knowing about the brand. (www.glossier.com) (RetailDaive)
8. NYC’s Orum, a platform that speeds money transfers, has raised $56 million in a Series B funding. Accel and Canapi Ventures co-led the round and were joined by Bain Capital Ventures, Inspired Capital, Homebrew, Acrew, NYC’s Primary Venture Partners, Clocktower and NYC’s Box Group. Orum’s platform “intelligently” routes funds across payments rails. (www.orum.io) (TechCrunch)
9. NYC’s MetaProp, a proptech focused venture capital firm, has raised $100 million for a new fund, its third. Among the firm’s investments are NYC prop tech companies Bowery Valuation, Jetty, Radiator Labs and Morty. (www.metaprop.vc) (The Real Deal)
10. NYC’s Bowery Valuation, a commercial real estate appraisal startup, has raised $35 million in a Series B funding. Goldman Sachs Asset Management led the round and was joined by Capital One Ventures, Builders VC, Fika Ventures, Navitas Capital, Camber Creek, Nine Four Ventures, Greenspring Associates and Alpaca VC. Bowery applies high tech to automate and optimize the low tech commercial real estate appraisal process. (www.boweryres.com) (BusinessWire)
11. NYC’s Merlyn Mind, developer of a digital assistant for teachers, has emerged from stealth and raised $29 million in a venture funding round.Learn Capital was the sole investor. The company’s hardware and software-based assistant is designed to allow teachers to open and navigate through different apps, such as Google, Nearpod and Newsela, while teaching. (www.merlyn.org) (School Buyers Online)
12. Brooklyn’s Moth + Flame, a virtual reality startup, has raised $2.5 in a seed round funding. The round was led by Bee Partners with participation from First In, Meeting Street Capital, Service Provider Capital and Spacecade. The company develops immersive learning experiences for enterprise customers across a range of verticals. (www.mothandflamevr.com) (VR Focus
We have special sale pricing on TechNY Daily sponsorship and advertising opportunities. For information, contact: Lauren@techny.nyc
TechNY Recruit Jobs
Job Postings are on sale. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
LeafLink is the cannabis industry’s standard wholesale ordering platform and the largest B2B marketplace connecting licensed cannabis brands and retailers across the country.
Brand & Content Marketing Director
Senior Regional Marketing Manager
Senior Product Marketing Manager
Senior Growth Marketing Manager
Ethena delivers modern, effective workplace eLearning. Our first product, harassment prevention training, focuses on culture change over compliance. Ethena is trusted by some of the most innovative companies including Netflix, Zendesk, Figma, and Medium. We are backed by top-tier investors like GSV, Homebrew, and Neo.
Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Senior Front-End Engineer
Senior Backend Engineer
Lead Product Manager
Growth Marketing and Demand Generation Lead
Mid-Market Account Executive
Slate is a web and mobile product used by some of the top brands in the world to create branded social media content in seconds. Slate has customers from the NFL, NBA, MLB, MLS, EPL as well as some of the largest media, beauty and entertainment brands in the world.
Product Designer, UI/UX
Ceros is looking for a New Business Director to join our team! If you’re not familiar with us, Ceros is a cloud-based platform that empowers over 650 clients the likes of Red Bull, Aon and McKinsey to create interactive digital content without any coding resources.
Remote New Business Director
LeagueApps is the operating system and community for youth and local sports leaders. We power thousands of clubs, tournaments, leagues, camps, and facilities with a platform that reaches more than 10 million participants nationwide.
Stellar Health (new)
Stellar Health is a healthcare technology company that helps providers and health insurance companies improve quality and financial performance by prompting providers and their practice staff with recommended value-based actions and real-time payments at the point of care.
Senior Technical Recruiter
Senior Software Engineer
The Glimpse Group
The Glimpse Group is Virtual & Augmented Reality Software and Services platform company.
Love a good challenge? Try the Hack our bank puzzle! We are building Grist, a next-generation hybrid spreadsheet-database. You’ll find here the unique combination of a small team in early stages of growth, and a well-developed product with great potential and much work ahead.
Ladders is the leading $100K+ professional community. We focus on the careers, professional growth, and office lifestyle of the top 25% of the workforce. With Ladders News, we provide the information and entertainment that our audience needs for lifelong career success, while Ladders Jobs is the largest source for $100K+ jobs in the US and Canada.
SEO Strategist Software Engineer III
Lead Product Designer
Director, Technical Product Management
BrainStation is the global leader in digital skills training and workforce transformation, offering hands-on and outcomes-based courses in subjects such as Web Development, User Experience Design, Data Science and Digital Marketing.
Educator, UX Design
Educator, Data Science
Educator, Web Development
Business Development Representative
Junior Sales Coordinator
Coordinator, Customer Experience
Coordinator, Talent Acquisition
TripleLift is a technology company rooted at the intersection of creative and media. We are an advertising platform where creative fits seamlessly into every experience across desktop, mobile and video. We help make advertising work for everyone. Advertising is important. We didn’t invent advertising, but we are making advertising better.
Senior Software Engineer
Product Manager — OTT Monetization Platform
Capitolis is the leading SaaS platform that drives financial resource optimization for capital markets. More than 50 financial institutions, as well as many hedge funds and asset managers, leverage Capitolis’ technology to bring the best services to market and achieve high levels of return, while using the most appropriate amounts of their financial resources. Backed by world class investors, including Index Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Spark Capital, SVB Capital and S Capital, Capitolis is growing rapidly in our offices in New York, London and Tel Aviv.
Director of Client Services
Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
Director of Demand Generation (NYC)
Adoption Manager (NYC or London)
FX Operations Analyst (NYC or London)
Director of Product Management (NYC)
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. We work with 3,500+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box.
Sales Development Representative
Senior Client Strategy Manager
Director of Client Strategy
Mantra Health is a digital mental health company on a mission to improve access to quality mental healthcare for university students throughout the United States through the marriage of evidence-based therapy and psychiatry with software, data, and design.
Business Development Manager
We are a SaaS solution that makes crypto accounting easy. We are a trusted, blockchain-native technology team that is passionate about digital asset technology. Our team is continuously collaborating and designing new products and initiatives to expand our market presence. Technology and customers are at the center of our universe. We dedicate our energy to learning, building, adapting, and achieving impactful results.
Senior Front End Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Software Test Engineer
Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy.
Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
Manager, Software Engineering
Our mission: To democratize Discovery.
Enterprise Account Executive
A personalized subscription site for pop culture’s biggest fans.
Director of Engineering
Retirement made easy.
Senior Fullstack Engineer
Hyperscience is the automation company that enables data to flow within and between the world’s leading firms in financial services, insurance, healthcare and government markets. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in New York City with offices in Sofia, Bulgaria and London, UK, we’ve raised more than $50 million raised to date and are growing quickly. We welcome anyone who believes in big ideas and demonstrates a willingness to learn, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team and make a difference in our organization and for our customers.
Machine Learning Engineer
Braavo provides on demand funding for mobile apps and games. We offer a flexible and affordable funding alternative to the traditional sources of capital like working with a VC or bank. We’re changing the way mobile entrepreneurs finance and grow their app businesses. Our predictive technology delivers on demand, performance-based funding, without dilution or personal guarantees. By providing non-dilutive, yet scalable alternatives to equity, we’re helping founders retain control of their companies.
Business Development Manager
VP of Marketing
At Yogi, we help companies decipher customer feedback, from ratings and reviews to surveys and support requests. Companies are inundated with feedback, but when it comes to turning this data into actionable business decisions, most companies fall short. That’s where Yogi fits in.
Full Stack Software Engineer
Upper90 is an alternative credit manager based in New York City that has deployed over $500m within 18 months of inception.
Investor Relations Analyst
UpScored is the only career site that uses data science to connect you with jobs suited specifically to you while automatically learning your career interests. Its AI-powered platform decreases job search time by 90%, showing you the jobs you’re most likely to get (and want) in less than 2 minutes.
Senior Frontend Developer
Senior Backend Developer
Frame.io is a video review and collaboration platform designed to unify media assets and creative conversations in a user-friendly environment. Headquartered in New York City, Frame.io was developed by filmmakers, VFX artists and post production executives. Today, we support nearly 1 million media professionals at enterprises including Netflix, Buzzfeed, Turner, NASA & Vice Media.
Frontend Engineering Manager
Sr. Swift Engineer
Lead Product Designer
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile.
Enterprise Sales Director — New York
Postlight is building an extraordinary team that loves to make great digital products — come join us!
Full Stack Engineer
Deliver your job listings directly to 50,000 members of the NYC tech community at an amazingly low cost. Find out how: email@example.com
NYC Tech Industry Virtual Event Calendar
Contact Us for Free Listing of Your Web-based Events
Send us your events to list (it’s Free!) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
TechNY Daily is distributed three times a week to 50,000 members of NYC’s tech and digital media industry.
Connecting the New York Tech Industry
Social Media • Mobile • Digital Media • Big Data • AdTech • App Development • e-Commerce • Games • Analytics • FinTech • Web • Software • UX • Video • Digital Advertising • Content • SaaS • Open Source • Cloud Computing • AI • Web Design • Business Intelligence • Enterprise Software • EduTech • FashionTech • Incubators • Accelerators • Co-Working • TravelTech • Real Estate Tech
Copyright © 2021 TechNY, All rights reserved.