April 9, 2021
TechNY15 Stock Index: 1,626.32 (+26.43) (+1.65%)
Keeping Our 50,000 Readers Connected and Informed
1. NYC’s Thrasio, a startup that acquires Amazon sellers, has raised $100 million in a Series C financing round. The funding was an extension to the $750 million round raised by the company earlier this year. Thrasio, which has acquired over 100 brands (and 15,000 products) selling on Amazon, generated a profit of $100 million on $500 million in revenue last year. (www.thras.io) (TechCrunch)
2. NYC’s Capitolis, a platform that optimizes capital markets, has raised $90 million in a Series C funding. Andreessen Horowitz (a16z) led the round with participation by Index Ventures, Sequoia Capital, S Capital, Spark Capital, SVB Capital, Citi, J.P. Morgan and State Street. The company’s platform allows banks, hedge funds and asset managers to eliminate, move or create trading positions by collaborating with other financial institutions. (www.capitolis.com) (TechCrunch)
3. NYC’s KUDO, a video conferencing platform with real-time multilingual translation, has raised $21 million in a Series A funding. Felicis Ventures led the round and was joined by Maverick Ventures, Elephant VC, FJ Labs and Global Founders Capital. The company’s platform provides real time translators for video conferencing in over 100+ languages. (www.kudoway.com) (MarTech Cube)
4. NYC’s Nuvocargo, a platform that modernizes US/Mexico trade, has raised $12 million in a Series A financing. The round was led by QED Investors with participation by FJ Labs, Clocktower, NFX and ALLVP. Nuvocargo’s platform offers an all-in-one service that rolls freight forwarding, customs brokerage, cargo insurance and trade financing into one app. (www.nuvocargo.com) (Globe Newswire)
Small Planet partners with the world’s most innovative companies to create inspired apps and websites. Development, UX design, monetization strategies, user acquisition, and more. Contact us. (Sponsored Content)
5. NYC’s Harry’s, a direct to consumer razor brand, has raised $155 million in a Series E funding, valuing the company at $1.7 billion. Bain Capital and Macquarie Capital led the round. Just over a year ago, Edgewell’s planned $1.4 billion acquisition of Harry’s was called off after the Federal Trade Commission objected. (www.harrys.com) (Marketing Dive)
6. NYC’s Squarespace has acquired Chicago’s Tock, a restaurant reservation platform. The purchase price was $400 million in a mix of cash and stock. (www.squarespace.com) (www.exploretock.com) (PR Newswire)
7. NYC’s Lukka, a crypto portfolio management platform for financial institutions, has raised $53 million in a Series D funding round. Investors included Soros Fund Management, S&P Global and CPA.com (a subsidiary of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants). Lukka is focused on developing institutional-grade crypto asset software and data products for financial institutions. (www.lukka.tech) (BusinessWire)
8. NYC’s Zoomin, a platform that uses AI to help organize technical documentation and provide customer support, has raised $52 million in a Series C funding. General Atlantic led the round and was joined by Bessemer Venture Partners, Salesforce Ventures and Viola Growth. Zoomin’s customers include Dell, Automation Anywhere and McAfee. (www.zoominsoftware.com) (Crunchbase News)
9. NYC’s Spiral, a banking app for charitable causes, has raised $14 million in a venture funding round. Team8 led the round and was joined by Communitas Capital, Phoenix, Nidoco AB and MTVO. Spiral’s “ethical banking” platform allows customers to support charitable causes while earning rewards and monthly cash bonuses on their deposits. (www.spiral.us) (PR Web)
We have special sale pricing on TechNY Daily sponsorship and advertising opportunities. For information, contact: Lauren@techny.nyc
TechNY Recruit Jobs
Job Postings are on sale. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
LeagueApps is the operating system and community for youth and local sports leaders. We power thousands of clubs, tournaments, leagues, camps, and facilities with a platform that reaches more than 10 million participants nationwide.
Stellar Health (new)
Stellar Health is a healthcare technology company that helps providers and health insurance companies improve quality and financial performance by prompting providers and their practice staff with recommended value-based actions and real-time payments at the point of care.
Senior Technical Recruiter
Senior Software Engineer
Small Planet (new)
Small Planet creates inspired apps and websites for the world’s most innovative companies.
Senior UX/UI Designer
Director of Product Designer
The Glimpse Group (new)
The Glimpse Group is Virtual & Augmented Reality Software and Services platform company.
Grist Labs (new)
Love a good challenge? Try the Hack our bank puzzle! We are building Grist, a next-generation hybrid spreadsheet-database. You’ll find here the unique combination of a small team in early stages of growth, and a well-developed product with great potential and much work ahead.
The Muse (new)
Helping people succeed at their careers, and find meaningful jobs at the best companies
Senior Front-End Engineer
Senior Product Designer
Project Manager, Client Onboarding
Ladders is the leading $100K+ professional community. We focus on the careers, professional growth, and office lifestyle of the top 25% of the workforce. With Ladders News, we provide the information and entertainment that our audience needs for lifelong career success, while Ladders Jobs is the largest source for $100K+ jobs in the US and Canada.
Software Engineer III
Lead Product Designer
Director, Technical Product Management
Director, Growth Marketing
General Manager, Consumer Online
BrainStation is the global leader in digital skills training and workforce transformation, offering hands-on and outcomes-based courses in subjects such as Web Development, User Experience Design, Data Science and Digital Marketing.
Educator, UX Design
Educator, Data Science
Educator, Web Development
Business Development Representative
Junior Sales Coordinator
Coordinator, Customer Experience
Coordinator, Talent Acquisition
TripleLift is a technology company rooted at the intersection of creative and media. We are an advertising platform where creative fits seamlessly into every experience across desktop, mobile and video. We help make advertising work for everyone. Advertising is important. We didn’t invent advertising, but we are making advertising better.
Senior Software Engineer
Product Manager — OTT Monetization Platform
Capitolis is the leading SaaS platform that drives financial resource optimization for capital markets. More than 50 financial institutions, as well as many hedge funds and asset managers, leverage Capitolis’ technology to bring the best services to market and achieve high levels of return, while using the most appropriate amounts of their financial resources. Backed by world class investors, including Index Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Spark Capital, SVB Capital and S Capital, Capitolis is growing rapidly in our offices in New York, London and Tel Aviv.
Director of Client Services
Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
Director of Demand Generation (NYC)
Adoption Manager (NYC or London)
FX Operations Analyst (NYC or London)
Director of Product Management (NYC)
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform built for innovative e-commerce and retail brands. We raised a $230M Series D in September 2020 and are backed by Sequoia, Bain Capital Ventures, Coatue, and other top investors. Attentive was named #8 on LinkedIn’s 2020 Top Startups list, and has been selected by Forbes as one of America’s Best Startup Employers.
Sales Development Representative
Senior Client Strategy Manager
Director of Client Strategy
Mantra Health is a digital mental health company on a mission to improve access to quality mental healthcare for university students throughout the United States through the marriage of evidence-based therapy and psychiatry with software, data, and design.
Business Development Manager
We are a SaaS solution that makes crypto accounting easy. We are a trusted, blockchain-native technology team that is passionate about digital asset technology. Our team is continuously collaborating and designing new products and initiatives to expand our market presence. Technology and customers are at the center of our universe. We dedicate our energy to learning, building, adapting, and achieving impactful results.
Senior Front End Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Software Test Engineer
Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy.
Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
Manager, Software Engineering
Our mission: To democratize Discovery.
Enterprise Account Executive
A personalized subscription site for pop culture’s biggest fans.
Director of Engineering
Retirement made easy.
Senior Fullstack Engineer
Hyperscience is the automation company that enables data to flow within and between the world’s leading firms in financial services, insurance, healthcare and government markets. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in New York City with offices in Sofia, Bulgaria and London, UK, we’ve raised more than $50 million raised to date and are growing quickly. We welcome anyone who believes in big ideas and demonstrates a willingness to learn, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team and make a difference in our organization and for our customers.
Machine Learning Engineer
Braavo provides on demand funding for mobile apps and games. We offer a flexible and affordable funding alternative to the traditional sources of capital like working with a VC or bank. We’re changing the way mobile entrepreneurs finance and grow their app businesses. Our predictive technology delivers on demand, performance-based funding, without dilution or personal guarantees. By providing non-dilutive, yet scalable alternatives to equity, we’re helping founders retain control of their companies.
Business Development Manager
VP of Marketing
At Yogi, we help companies decipher customer feedback, from ratings and reviews to surveys and support requests. Companies are inundated with feedback, but when it comes to turning this data into actionable business decisions, most companies fall short. That’s where Yogi fits in.
Full Stack Software Engineer
Upper90 is an alternative credit manager based in New York City that has deployed over $500m within 18 months of inception.
Investor Relations Analyst
UpScored is the only career site that uses data science to connect you with jobs suited specifically to you while automatically learning your career interests. Its AI-powered platform decreases job search time by 90%, showing you the jobs you’re most likely to get (and want) in less than 2 minutes.
Senior Frontend Developer
Senior Backend Developer
Frame.io is a video review and collaboration platform designed to unify media assets and creative conversations in a user-friendly environment. Headquartered in New York City, Frame.io was developed by filmmakers, VFX artists and post production executives. Today, we support nearly 1 million media professionals at enterprises including Netflix, Buzzfeed, Turner, NASA & Vice Media.
Frontend Engineering Manager
Sr. Swift Engineer
Lead Product Designer
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile.
Enterprise Sales Director — New York
Postlight is building an extraordinary team that loves to make great digital products — come join us!
Full Stack Engineer
Deliver your job listings directly to 50,000 members of the NYC tech community at an amazingly low cost. Find out how: email@example.com
NYC Tech Industry Virtual Event Calendar
The Future of Trust
Hosted by NYC Media Lab
Career Chat with Cockroach Labs’ People Development Manager
Data Science Day 2021
Hosted by Columbia University Data Science Institute
(10:00 AM — 1:00 PM EDT)
Columbia | IBM LAUNCH Accelerator Demo Day
(10:00AM — 1:00 PM EDT)
Contact Us for Free Listing of Your Web-based Events
Send us your events to list (it’s Free!) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
TechNY Daily is distributed three times a week to 50,000 members of NYC’s tech and digital media industry.
Connecting the New York Tech Industry
Social Media • Mobile • Digital Media • Big Data • AdTech • App Development • e-Commerce • Games • Analytics • FinTech • Web • Software • UX • Video • Digital Advertising • Content • SaaS • Open Source • Cloud Computing • AI • Web Design • Business Intelligence • Enterprise Software • EduTech • FashionTech • Incubators • Accelerators • Co-Working • TravelTech • Real Estate Tech
Copyright © 2021 TechNY, All rights reserved.