February 2, 2022
Keeping Our 50,000 NYC Tech Industry Readers Informed and Connected
Happy Groundhog Day……..Happy Groundhog Day……..Happy Groundhog Day.
1. The New York Times has acquired Wordle. The financial terms of the deal were not disclosed other than to state that the purchase price was in the “low seven figures.” Wordle, which will remain free, went from only 90 people playing the game on November 1, to millions of players by January 31. (CNBC)
2. NYC’s Fever, a live-entertainment discovery platform, has raised $227 million in a Series D funding at a valuation of over $1 billion. Goldman Sachs led the round and was joined by Alignment Growth, Goodwater Capital and Smash Capital. Fever lets users in more than 60 in the U.S., Europe, Asia and Oceania, explore live events and search through personalized recommendations based on their interests for experiences ranging from plays, concerts, festivals, nightclubs, restaurants and games. (www.feverup.com) (PYMNTS)
3. NYC’s The Vets, a tech-enabled pet healthcare platform that provides at-home care, has raised $40 million in a seed funding. The round was led by Target Global, PICO Venture Partners and Bolt Ventures. The company allows customers in 10 cities to schedule in-home visits to receive vet services for their pets, including wellness exams, home lab tests and health travel certificates. (www.thevets.com) (TechCrunch)
4. NYC’s Mantra Health, a mental health clinic focused on young adults, has raised $22 million in a Series A funding. The round was led by VMG Partners and joined by New Market Venture Partners, Elements Health Ventures, 14W, Alumni Ventures, Canaan Partners, Global Founders Capital, Baleon Capital, Western Tech Investments and City Light Capital. Mantra offers a digital mental health clinic — including both therapy and psychiatry — for young adults that is affordable and culturally competent (www.mantrahealth.com) (MedCity News)
5. NYC’s NLX, a conversational AI platform, has raised $5 million in a seed funding. The round was led by Aquila Capital Partners and joined by Flying Fish Partners, Sage Venture Partners and JetBlue Technology Ventures. NLX’s Voice Compass is a voice-driven, self-service platform that verbally guides customers through an onscreen journey to complete tasks, such as booking flights online or changing an account password. (www.nix.ai) (VentureBeat)
Small Planet offers on-demand teams that allow you to scale rapidly and accelerate delivery timelines. Our developers and designers can onboard quickly to help you build out iOS, Android, Full Stack, and Shopify products. Do you have short-term or project-specific needs? Contact us.
6. NYC’s Fireblocks, a digital asset custodian, has raised $550 million in a Series E funding at an $8 billion valuation. D1 Capital Partners and Spark Capital co-led the round and were joined by investors including General Atlantic, Index Ventures, Mammoth, CapitalG, Altimeter, Iconiq Strategic Partners, Canapi Ventures and Parafi Growth Fund. The company’s platform provides secure infrastructure for moving, storing and issuing digital assets. Fireblocks’ valuation has jumped 4x since its last funding just six months ago. (www.fireblocks.com) (TechCrunch)
7. According to the Wall Street Journal, since 2020, investors have poured more than $5.5 billion into the six instant-delivery players competing in NYC, with over 90% of that funding raised in the past year. Most of that went to Gopuff, a Philadelphia-based startup that expanded to NYC late last year. Some of the companies are averaging a loss of over $20 per order when factoring in costs like advertising. (Wall Street Journal)
8. NYC’s Sollis Health, a members-only concierge medical practice, has raised $30 million in a Series A funding. The round was led by Torch Capital and Denali Growth Partners and joined by Strand Equity and Read Capital. Sollis, which operates in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Miami and Palm Beach, provides 24/7 urgent care and medical support to members. (www.sollishealth.com) (Forbes)
9. NYC’s Turing Labs, a platform that uses AI tools for Consumer Packaged Goods formulations, has raised $16.5 million in a Series A funding. The round was led by NYC’s Insight Partners and was joined by Moment Ventures and Y Combinator. The company’s platform has been used to formulate plant-based food products, beverages, shampoos, cosmetics and home care products like laundry detergents. (www.turingsaas.com) (PR Newswire)
10. NYS’s Caden, a “zero-party” data platform, has raised $3.4 million in a pre-seed round. Investors included Yahoo! founder Jerry Yang, AAF Management, Mana Ventures and Motivate Ventures. Caden’s platform empowers users to have complete control over their personal data and earn a profit by sharing it with trusted brands. (www.caden.io) (Globe Newswire)
We have special sale pricing on TechNY Daily sponsorship and advertising opportunities. For information, contact: Lauren@techny.nyc
TechNY Recruit Jobs
Job Postings are on sale.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
ERA is an early-stage investment fund and technology accelerator in NYC. Since 2011, ERA has invested in 265+ companies (including three “unicorns”) through its accelerator platform. Its portfolio companies are currently playing leading roles in the evolution of virtually every major global industry.
The world’s only universal shopping app. nate is a venture-backed, intelligent automation, social shopping and payments startup, with offices in New York and London. nate just closed it’s series A round, raising 38MM from Renegade, Forerunner Ventures, Coatue and Canaan, among others.
Awarded for four consecutive years as one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in NYC, LiveAuctioneers is the largest online marketplace for one-of-a-kind items, rare collectibles, and coveted goods.
Product Marketing Manager
Ladders has been a leader in high-end careers for over 15 years. We’re a community of professionals that top companies work with to find expert applicants fast. Wprovide our nine million members with top-tier job search and services like Apply4Me, which ends time-wasting job application forms forever. Our community is diverse, putting talent first to create teams that communicate, innovate, and turn real-world issues into products and services that answer needs. If you see obstacles as exercise and expertise as enjoyment, get in touch.
Software Engineer III (Remote)
VP, Finance (Remote)
VP, Sales (Remote)
Our mission is to be commercial real estate’s modern operating system, the place where data comes to life and deals happen.
Senior Software Engineer
Sales Development Representative
Senior Sales Development Representative
Collectors is the leader in third-party authentication and grading services for high-value collectibles including trading cards (PSA/Professional Sports Authenticator), coins (Professional Coin Grading Services), video games (WATA), event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia.
Senior Software Engineer
CookUnity is the first Chef-Direct Subscription service — a chef-to-food lover marketplace connecting the country’s most talented chefs with eaters (consumers). We are on a mission to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses. We recently raised a $47M Series B which will help us expand our purpose across the US and reach out to more chefs and more eaters than ever before.
Director of Engineering, ChefOS Zone
Tech Lead, Ops Tech
Movable Ink (new)
Movable Ink is a software company that helps businesses earn attention in a world where time is precious and creativity is power. Founded in 2010, Movable Ink activates any data into real-time, personalized content in any customer touchpoint. With more than 400 employees, the company is headquartered in New York City with operations throughout North America, Central America, Europe, Australia, and Japan.
Bluecore uses predictive intelligence to automatically connect shoppers to products, content, and offers, wherever they are. We recently gained unicorn status and have been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Fortune, and BuiltIn among others. Come join us!
Engineering Manager — Audiences
Customer Success Manager
Check is a payroll-as-a-service API that lets you embed payroll directly in your vertical SaaS, HR, or time-tracking platform. Our API abstracts away the complexities of running payroll: tax calculation, remittance, and filing, plus the movement of money between companies and employees. This enables companies to easily build fully integrated payroll products to offer to their customers. It is an exciting time for our team as we are onboarding new companies and employees to the platform weekly!
Risk Operations Lead
Senior Legal Operations and Licensing Specialist
Senior Technical Recruiter
Partner Success Manager
Business Development Representative
Strategic Sales — Growth Segment
A made-to-fade tattoo brand reimagining the tattoo industry through technology and owned studios. Read more about us at Fast Company and Forbes.
Director of Engineering & IT
Email & Marketing Automation Lead
Director of Engineering & IT
Email & Marketing Automation Lead
Fora is re-inventing the travel agent experience for travelers and advisors. Anyone will be able to become a Fora travel advisor and start earning by selling, planning, and booking trips, enabling you to grow your own travel business — as a side hustle or a new career. Founded by three repeat entrepreneurs and backed by leading investors, we are building our initial team in lower Manhattan
Product Manager-Travel Advisor Platform
Technical Product Manager
Palo Alto Networks
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Senior Software Engineer
Yotpo is a leading eCommerce marketing platform on a mission to help brands of all sizes accelerate their growth through exceptional customer experiences. Yotpo secured a $230 million fundraising round in March (you can call us a unicorn our valuation is now $1.4 billion), and our primary goal is to deliver the best technology in the industry.
Strategic Client Success Manager
Senior Salesforce Admin
Strategic SMS Account Director
Sales Strategy & Operations Manager
Partner Operations Manager
LeafLink is the cannabis industry’s standard wholesale ordering platform and the largest B2B marketplace connecting licensed cannabis brands and retailers across the country.
Senior Growth Marketing Manager
Ethena is a compliance training platform built for today’s teams. Our micro-learning approach is designed for retention, and our entertaining and informative content is designed for a cringe-free experience. We recently raised a Series A led by top-tier firm Felicis, and are now expanding our product offerings and platform functionality.
Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Senior Front-End Engineer
Senior Backend Engineer
Mid-Market Account Executive
LeagueApps is the operating system and community for youth and local sports leaders. We power thousands of clubs, tournaments, leagues, camps, and facilities with a platform that reaches more than 10 million participants nationwide.
The future of Search, an API call away.
BrainStation is the global leader in digital skills training and workforce transformation, offering hands-on and outcomes-based courses in subjects such as Web Development, User Experience Design, Data Science and Digital Marketing.
Hyperscience is the automation company that enables data to flow within and between the world’s leading firms in financial services, insurance, healthcare and government markets. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in New York City with offices in Sofia, Bulgaria and London, UK, we’ve raised more than $50 million raised to date and are growing quickly. We welcome anyone who believes in big ideas and demonstrates a willingness to learn, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team and make a difference in our organization and for our customers.
Machine Learning Engineer
Braavo provides on demand funding for mobile apps and games. We offer a flexible and affordable funding alternative to the traditional sources of capital like working with a VC or bank. We’re changing the way mobile entrepreneurs finance and grow their app businesses. Our predictive technology delivers on demand, performance-based funding, without dilution or personal guarantees. By providing non-dilutive, yet scalable alternatives to equity, we’re helping founders retain control of their companies.
Business Development Manager
UpScored is the only career site that uses data science to connect you with jobs suited specifically to you while automatically learning your career interests. Its AI-powered platform decreases job search time by 90%, showing you the jobs you’re most likely to get (and want) in less than 2 minutes.
Senior Frontend Developer
Senior Backend Developer
Deliver your job listings directly to 50,000 members of the NYC tech community at an amazingly low cost. Find out how: email@example.com
NYC Tech Industry Virtual Event Calendar
Contact Us for Free Listing of Your Web-based Events
Send us your events to list (it’s Free!) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
TechNY Daily is distributed three times a week to 50,000 members of NYC’s tech and digital media industry.
Connecting the New York Tech Industry
Social Media • Mobile • Digital Media • Big Data • AdTech • App Development • e-Commerce • Games • Analytics • FinTech • Web • Software • UX • Video • Digital Advertising • Content • SaaS • Open Source • Cloud Computing • AI • Web Design • Business Intelligence • Enterprise Software • EduTech • FashionTech • Incubators • Accelerators • Co-Working • TravelTech • Real Estate Tech
Copyright © 2022 TechNY, All rights reserved.