December 21, 2020
TechNY15 Stock Index: 1,548.16 (-1.27)
Keeping the NYC Tech Industry Informed and Connected
1. NYC’s Paxos, a blockchain infrastructure company, has raised $142 million in a Series C funding. Declaration Partners led the round and was joined by Mithril Capital, PayPal Ventures, RIT Capital Partners, Ken Moelis, Alua Capital and Senator Investment Group. Paxos powers PayPal’s cryptocurrency services. (www.paxos.com) (Coindesk)
2. NYC’s The Drivers Cooperative, a ridesharing app owned by NYC cab drivers themselves as a co-op, is set to launch. The co-op hopes to compete with Uber and Lyft by offering drivers a larger share of fares and negotiating to obtain lower prices on gas and insurance. Any remaining profits will be distributed to drivers as a dividend. (www.drivers.coop) (TheseTimes)
3. NYC’s Ramp, an Amex and Brex competitor, has raised $30 million in a Series A round. The funding as provided by D1 Capital and Coatue Management. Ramp provides companies with cost saving features by identifying things such as duplicative purchases or lower prices offered by other sellers. (www.ramp.com) (Fortune)
4. NYC’s Arthur, an A.I. monitoring platform, has raised $15 million in a Series A funding. Index Ventures led the round and was joined by Acrew, Plexo Capital. Homebrew, AME Ventures and NYC’s Work-Bench. The company’s platform monitors A.I. model accuracy. (www.arthur.ai) (TechCrunch)
5. Brooklyn’s Runway, an A.I. powered video and photo editing platform, has raised $8.5 million in a Series A funding. Amplify Partners led the round and was joined by Lux Capital and Compound Ventures. Runway operates like an app store-like hub that hosts dozens of editing tools created by independent developers, and users simply pay for cloud computing time to run them. (www.runwayml.com) (AdWeek)
Small Planet partners with the world’s most innovative companies to create inspired apps and websites. Development, UX design, monetization strategies, user acquisition, and more. Contact us. (Sponsored Content)
6. NYC’s Hibob, developers of the “bob” HR platform, has raised $70 million in a Series B funding. The round was co-led by SEEK and Israel Growth Partners, with participation from Bessemer Venture Partners, Battery Ventures, Eight Roads Ventures, Arbor Ventures, Presidio Ventures, Entree Capital, Cerca Partners and Perpetual Partners. Bob, which has users such as Fiverr and VaynerMedia, provides basic HR functions (payroll, benefits and onboarding), as well as features related to performance and company culture. (www.hibob.com) (TechCrunch)
7. CNET has taken a look at the Battle of the New York Bikes: Soul Cycle vs. Peloton. Both bikes are around $2,500 and sell subscriptions to streamed live and recorded classes for about $40 a month. (www.soul-cycle.com/at-home) (www.onepeloton.com) (CNET)
8. NYC’s LeafLink, an online marketplace for the cannabis industry, has raised $40 million in a Series C funding. Founders Fund led the round and was joined by NYC’s Thrive Capital, Nosara Capital and NYC’s Lerer Hippeau. The company estimates that 32 percent of U.S. wholesale cannabis orders flow through its marketplace. (www.leaflink.com) (Ganjapreneur)
9. NYC’s Deduce, a platform that prevents account takeover fraud, has emerged from stealth and raised $7.3 million in seed funding. True Ventures led the round and was joined by Ridge Ventures. Deduce’s platform draws data from 150,000 partner websites to generate a user risk score based on fraud-related behaviors. (www.deduce.com) (Crunchbase News)
10. NYC’s Hydra Studios, a network of wellness studios, has raised $3.8 million in a seed round. Investors included Slow Ventures, Company Ventures, Courtside Ventures, CityRock Venture Partners, Hatzimemos/Libby and Fifth Wall. (www.hydranewyork.com) (PR Web)
We have special sale pricing on TechNY Daily sponsorship and advertising opportunities. For information, contact: Lauren@techny.nyc
TechNY Recruit Jobs
Job Postings are on sale. Contact us at email@example.com
We are a SaaS solution that makes crypto accounting easy. We are a trusted, blockchain-native technology team that is passionate about digital asset technology. Our team is continuously collaborating and designing new products and initiatives to expand our market presence. Technology and customers are at the center of our universe. We dedicate our energy to learning, building, adapting, and achieving impactful results.
Customer Success Specialist
Senior Front End Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Software Test Engineer
Third-Party Risk Manager or Director
SaaS and Data Sales Team Leader
Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy.
Director, Account Management
Enterprise Sales Director (Banking and Financial Services)
Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
Manager, Software Engineering
Awarded for four consecutive years as one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in NYC, LiveAuctioneers is the largest online marketplace for one-of-a-kind items, rare collectibles, and coveted goods.
Product Marketing Manager
Senior Marketing Manager
Summer’s mission is to help the 45 million Americans burdened by student debt save time and money through smart, algorithm-based recommendations. Summer combines policy expertise and innovative technology to serve student loan borrowers across the country.
Our mission: To democratize Discovery.
Enterprise Account Executive
A personalized subscription site for pop culture’s biggest fans.
Director of Engineering
Founded by Dave Duffield (founder and former CEO of Workday and PeopleSoft) in 2017, Ridgeline’s goal is to revolutionize technology for the investment management industry. We are building an end-to-end cloud platform on a modern infrastructure using AWS, serverless technologies, which up to this point hasn’t been done in the enterprise space.
Software Engineering Manager, UI
Simon Data is the only enterprise customer data platform with a fully-integrated marketing cloud. Our platform empowers businesses to leverage enterprise-scale big data and machine learning to power customer communications in any channel.
Senior Front-End Engineer
Director, Enterprise Sales
Full Stack Engineer
Retirement made easy.
Senior Fullstack Engineer
Package Free is on a mission to make the world less trashy though offering products that help you reduce waste daily. We source our products from individuals and brands with missions to create a positive environmental impact and since launching, have diverted over 100 million pieces of trash from landfills.
Head of Operations
Hyperscience is the automation company that enables data to flow within and between the world’s leading firms in financial services, insurance, healthcare and government markets. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in New York City with offices in Sofia, Bulgaria and London, UK, we’ve raised more than $50 million raised to date and are growing quickly. We welcome anyone who believes in big ideas and demonstrates a willingness to learn, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team and make a difference in our organization and for our customers.
Machine Learning Engineer
Senior Security Engineer
Braavo provides on demand funding for mobile apps and games. We offer a flexible and affordable funding alternative to the traditional sources of capital like working with a VC or bank. We’re changing the way mobile entrepreneurs finance and grow their app businesses. Our predictive technology delivers on demand, performance-based funding, without dilution or personal guarantees. By providing non-dilutive, yet scalable alternatives to equity, we’re helping founders retain control of their companies.
Business Development Manager
VP of Marketing
Head of Sales
At Yogi, we help companies decipher customer feedback, from ratings and reviews to surveys and support requests. Companies are inundated with feedback, but when it comes to turning this data into actionable business decisions, most companies fall short. That’s where Yogi fits in.
Full Stack Software Engineer
We’re passionate marketers, engineers and innovators building the technology to power the future of commerce. We’re a B2B2C SaaS platform helping the world’s most interesting retailers and direct-to-consumer brands remove friction from the customer experience to deliver recurring revenue through subscriptions programs — shifting their consumer interactions from one-and-done transactions to long-lived, highly profitable relationships.
Upper90 is an alternative credit manager based in New York City that has deployed over $500m within 18 months of inception.
Investor Relations Analyst
UpScored is the only career site that uses data science to connect you with jobs suited specifically to you while automatically learning your career interests. Its AI-powered platform decreases job search time by 90%, showing you the jobs you’re most likely to get (and want) in less than 2 minutes.
Senior Frontend Developer
Senior Backend Developer
Frame.io is a video review and collaboration platform designed to unify media assets and creative conversations in a user-friendly environment. Headquartered in New York City, Frame.io was developed by filmmakers, VFX artists and post production executives. Today, we support nearly 1 million media professionals at enterprises including Netflix, Buzzfeed, Turner, NASA & Vice Media.
Frontend Engineering Manager
Sr. Swift Engineer
Lead Product Designer
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform built for innovative e-commerce and retail brands. We raised a $230M Series D in September 2020 and are backed by Sequoia, Bain Capital Ventures, Coatue, and other top investors. Attentive was named #8 on LinkedIn’s 2020 Top Startups list, and has been selected by Forbes as one of America’s Best Startup Employers.
Enterprise Account Executive
Sales Development Representative
Senior Client Strategy Manager
Director of Client Strategy
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile.
Enterprise Sales Director — New York
Postlight is building an extraordinary team that loves to make great digital products — come join us!
Full Stack Engineer
Deliver your job listings directly to 48,000 members of the NYC tech community at an amazingly low cost. Find out how: firstname.lastname@example.org
NYC Tech Industry Virtual Event Calendar
January 14, 2021
Galvanize NYC: Data Science Demo Day
Contact Us for Free Listing of Your Web-based Events
Send us your events to list (it’s Free!) to: email@example.com
TechNY Daily is distributed three times a week to 48,000 members of NYC’s tech and digital media industry.
Connecting the New York Tech Industry
Social Media • Mobile • Digital Media • Big Data • AdTech • App Development • e-Commerce • Games • Analytics • FinTech • Web • Software • UX • Video • Digital Advertising • Content • SaaS • Open Source • Cloud Computing • AI • Web Design • Business Intelligence • Enterprise Software • EduTech • FashionTech • Incubators • Accelerators • Co-Working • TravelTech • Real Estate Tech
Copyright © 2020 TechNY, All rights reserved.