March 19, 2021
TechNY15 Stock Index: 1,572.70 (-67.97) (-4.1%)
Keeping the NYC Tech Industry Connected and Informed
1. NYC’s Olo, an online ordering and delivery platform for restaurants, has raised $450 million in an initial public offering. The company had previously raised $81 million from investors including the Raine Group, RRE Ventures and NYC’s Tiger Global Management. Olo’s technology enables restaurant chains like Shake Shack to integrate third-party delivery services into their own point-of-sale systems. (www.olo.com) (CNBC)
2. NYC’s Paige, a startup focused on using AI to detect cancer, has raised $125 million in a Series C funding. Investors included KKR, Casdin Capital,and Johnson & Johnson Innovation. Paige’s platform uses computer vision to help pathologists review biopsy slides. The company is a spin out from NYC’s Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (www.paige.ai) (BusinessWire)
3. NYC’s Boxed, an online bulk retailer, is in talks to go public via a merger with Seven Oaks Acquisition, a SPAC. The deal would value Boxed at over $1 billion. (www.boxed.com) (Yahoo Finance)
4. Brooklyn’s Fridge No More a hyperlocal, 15 minute grocery delivery startup, has raised $15.4 million in a Series A financing. The round was led by Insight Partners with participation from Altair Capital. The company currently serves the Williamsburg, Park Slope and Gowanus neighborhoods in Brooklyn. (www.fridgenomore.com) (The Spoon Tech)
5. NYC’s Gatsby, a stock trading mobile app, has raised $10 million in a Series A funding. Investors included Techstars Ventures, Beta Bridge Capital and indivdual investors via a SeedInvest campaign. The company hopes to have more than 100,000 accounts by year’s end. (www.trygatsby.com) (TechCrunch)
Small Planet partners with the world’s most innovative companies to create inspired apps and websites. Development, UX design, monetization strategies, user acquisition, and more. Contact us. (Sponsored Content)
6. Jersey City’s BlockFi, a crypto-asset management platform, has raised $350 million in a Series D funding valuing the company at $3 billion. Bain Capital Ventures, DST Global, Pomp Investments and NYC’s Tiger Global led the round and were joined by Susquehanna Government Products, Bracket Capital, Paradigm, Valar Ventures and Morgan Creek Digital. The company’s wealth management platform offers products such as interest bearing cryptocurrency accounts. (www.blockfi.com) (TechCrunch)
7. NYC’s Centrical, an employee engagement and performance measuring platform, has raised $32 million in a Series C funding. Intel Capital and Jerusalem Venture Partners led the round and were joined by C4 Ventures, Citi Ventures, Aleph, CE Ventures, La Maison Compagnie d’Investissment and 2B Angels. Centrical’s platform is designed to allow companies to train and measure performance of remote employees. (www.centrical.com) (VentureBeat)
8. NYC’s Wrapbook, a payroll platform for the entertainment industry, has raised $27 million in a Series A funding. Andreessen Horowitz led the round and was joined by Equal Ventures, Uncork Capital, Jeffrey Katzenberg’s WndrCo and Michael Ovitz. The company’s platform simplifies the payroll process for TV, film and commercial productions. (www.wrapbook.com) (TechCrunch)
9. NYC’s Via has acquired San Francisco-based Remix, a mapping software startup. The purchase price was $100 million in cash and equity. Remix works with 350+ local governments in 22 countries to design city transportation systems. (www.ridewithvia.com) (www.remix.com) (PR Newswire)
10. NYC’s Cube, a Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) platform, has raised $10 million in a Series A funding. Mayfield led the round and was joined by Bonfire Ventures and Operator Collective. Cube’s platform automates manual FP&A processes such as data collection, transformation and modeling. (www.cubesoftware.com) (PR Newswire)
We have special sale pricing on TechNY Daily sponsorsip and advertising opportunities. For information, contact: Lauren@techny.nyc
TechNY Recruit Jobs
Job Postings are on sale. Contact us at email@example.com
Stellar Health (new)
Stellar Health is a healthcare technology company that helps providers and health insurance companies improve quality and financial performance by prompting providers and their practice staff with recommended value-based actions and real-time payments at the point of care.
Senior Technical Recruiter
Senior Software Engineer
Small Planet (new)
Small Planet creates inspired apps and websites for the world’s most innovative companies.
Senior US/UI Designer
Director of Product Designer
The Glimpse Group (new)
The Glimpse Group is Virtual & Augmented Reality Software and Services platform company.
Grist Labs (new)
Love a good challenge? Try the Hack our bank puzzle! We are building Grist, a next-generation hybrid spreadsheet-database. You’ll find here the unique combination of a small team in early stages of growth, and a well-developed product with great potential and much work ahead.
The Muse (new)
Helping people succeed at their careers, and find meaningful jobs at the best companies
Senior Front-End Engineer
Senior Product Designer
Project Manager, Client Onboarding
Ladders is the leading $100K+ professional community. We focus on the careers, professional growth, and office lifestyle of the top 25% of the workforce. With Ladders News, we provide the information and entertainment that our audience needs for lifelong career success, while Ladders Jobs is the largest source for $100K+ jobs in the US and Canada.
Software Engineer III
Lead Product Designer
Director, Technical Product Management
Director, Growth Marketing
General Manager, Consumer Online
BrainStation is the global leader in digital skills training and workforce transformation, offering hands-on and outcomes-based courses in subjects such as Web Development, User Experience Design, Data Science and Digital Marketing.
Educator, UX Design
Educator, Data Science
Educator, Web Development
Business Development Representative
Junior Sales Coordinator
Coordinator, Customer Experience
Coordinator, Talent Acquisition
TripleLift is a technology company rooted at the intersection of creative and media. We are an advertising platform where creative fits seamlessly into every experience across desktop, mobile and video. We help make advertising work for everyone. Advertising is important. We didn’t invent advertising, but we are making advertising better.
Senior Software Engineer
Product Manager — OTT Monetization Platform
Capitolis is the leading SaaS platform that drives financial resource optimization for capital markets. More than 50 financial institutions, as well as many hedge funds and asset managers, leverage Capitolis’ technology to bring the best services to market and achieve high levels of return, while using the most appropriate amounts of their financial resources. Backed by world class investors, including Index Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Spark Capital, SVB Capital and S Capital, Capitolis is growing rapidly in our offices in New York, London and Tel Aviv.
Director of Client Services
Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
Director of Demand Generation (NYC)
Adoption Manager (NYC or London)
FX Operations Analyst (NYC or London)
Director of Product Management (NYC)
Mantra Health is a digital mental health company on a mission to improve access to quality mental healthcare for university students throughout the United States through the marriage of evidence-based therapy and psychiatry with software, data, and design.
Business Development Manager
We are a SaaS solution that makes crypto accounting easy. We are a trusted, blockchain-native technology team that is passionate about digital asset technology. Our team is continuously collaborating and designing new products and initiatives to expand our market presence. Technology and customers are at the center of our universe. We dedicate our energy to learning, building, adapting, and achieving impactful results.
Senior Front End Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Software Test Engineer
Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy.
Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
Manager, Software Engineering
Transforming chemical industry with modern commerce technology
Business Development Manager — Enterprise SaaS
Marketing Director — Enterprise SaaS
Our mission: To democratize Discovery.
Enterprise Account Executive
A personalized subscription site for pop culture’s biggest fans.
Director of Engineering
Retirement made easy.
Senior Fullstack Engineer
Hyperscience is the automation company that enables data to flow within and between the world’s leading firms in financial services, insurance, healthcare and government markets. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in New York City with offices in Sofia, Bulgaria and London, UK, we’ve raised more than $50 million raised to date and are growing quickly. We welcome anyone who believes in big ideas and demonstrates a willingness to learn, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team and make a difference in our organization and for our customers.
Machine Learning Engineer
Braavo provides on demand funding for mobile apps and games. We offer a flexible and affordable funding alternative to the traditional sources of capital like working with a VC or bank. We’re changing the way mobile entrepreneurs finance and grow their app businesses. Our predictive technology delivers on demand, performance-based funding, without dilution or personal guarantees. By providing non-dilutive, yet scalable alternatives to equity, we’re helping founders retain control of their companies.
Business Development Manager
VP of Marketing
At Yogi, we help companies decipher customer feedback, from ratings and reviews to surveys and support requests. Companies are inundated with feedback, but when it comes to turning this data into actionable business decisions, most companies fall short. That’s where Yogi fits in.
Full Stack Software Engineer
Upper90 is an alternative credit manager based in New York City that has deployed over $500m within 18 months of inception.
Investor Relations Analyst
UpScored is the only career site that uses data science to connect you with jobs suited specifically to you while automatically learning your career interests. Its AI-powered platform decreases job search time by 90%, showing you the jobs you’re most likely to get (and want) in less than 2 minutes.
Senior Frontend Developer
Senior Backend Developer
Frame.io is a video review and collaboration platform designed to unify media assets and creative conversations in a user-friendly environment. Headquartered in New York City, Frame.io was developed by filmmakers, VFX artists and post production executives. Today, we support nearly 1 million media professionals at enterprises including Netflix, Buzzfeed, Turner, NASA & Vice Media.
Frontend Engineering Manager
Sr. Swift Engineer
Lead Product Designer
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform built for innovative e-commerce and retail brands. We raised a $230M Series D in September 2020 and are backed by Sequoia, Bain Capital Ventures, Coatue, and other top investors. Attentive was named #8 on LinkedIn’s 2020 Top Startups list, and has been selected by Forbes as one of America’s Best Startup Employers.
Sales Development Representative
Senior Client Strategy Manager
Director of Client Strategy
NYC startup revolutionizing the locksmith industry with innovative robotics and mobile technology.
Inbound Phone Sales Representative
Systems Software Engineer
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile.
Enterprise Sales Director — New York
Postlight is building an extraordinary team that loves to make great digital products — come join us!
Full Stack Engineer
Deliver your job listings directly to 50,000 members of the NYC tech community at an amazingly low cost. Find out how: firstname.lastname@example.org
NYC Tech Industry Virtual Event Calendar
How to Create an Amazing Startup Brand
with Emily Heyward (Co-founder of Red Antler) and Kristin L. Celano (Head of Brand & Communications at Owl Labs).
Hosted by StackList
100% off with promo code TECHNYDAILY
Contact Us for Free Listing of Your Web-based Events
Send us your events to list (it’s Free!) to: email@example.com
Did You Miss Anything Important?
Read Our TechNY Daily Past Editions
TechNY Daily is distributed three times a week to 50,000 members of NYC’s tech and digital media industry.
Connecting the New York Tech Industry
Social Media • Mobile • Digital Media • Big Data • AdTech • App Development • e-Commerce • Games • Analytics • FinTech • Web • Software • UX • Video • Digital Advertising • Content • SaaS • Open Source • Cloud Computing • AI • Web Design • Business Intelligence • Enterprise Software • EduTech • FashionTech • Incubators • Accelerators • Co-Working • TravelTech • Real Estate Tech
Forward the TechNY Daily to a friend
Not a Subscriber to TechNY Daily, Click Here
Copyright © 2021 TechNY, All rights reserved.