December 3, 2021
Keeping Our 50,000 NYC Tech
Industry Readers Informed and Connected
1. NYC mortgage startup Better.com laid off 900 employees on Wednesday, 10% of its workforce. The affected workers were abruptly summoned into a mass webinar on Wednesday, where billionaire founder and CEO Vishal Garg delivered a short speech informing them that they were being terminated. The company, which has $1 billion in cash on its balance sheet, is planning on going public via a merger with a SPAC. (www.better.com) (The Daily Beast)
2. NYC’s Benitago Group, a startup that acquires Amazon sellers, has raised $325 million in a Series A funding. CoVenture led the round and was joined by HSBC. Benitago has acquired 10 Amazon brands and incubated 10 more in-house. (www.benitago.com) (BusinessWire)
3. NYC’s Updater, an end to end relocation platform, has raised $60 million in a convertible note round. Investors included Second Century Ventures, the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors. A quarter of U.S. household moves are facilitated using one of Updater’s products. (www.updater.com) (BusinessWire)
4. NYC’s Ribbon Health, a healthcare data API platform, has raised $43.5 million in a Series B funding. General Catalyst led the round and was joined by Andreessen Horowitz, NYC’s BoxGroup and Rock Health. The Company’s platform delivers comprehensive data on doctors, insurance plans, cost and quality measures. (www.ribbonhealth.com) (PR Newswire)
5. NYC’s Intelligo, a background check platform, has raised $22 million in a private equity round. Felicitas Global Partners was the sole investor. The company’s platform employs multiple layers of AI and automation to comb through more than 400,000 public data sources to gather relevant information (legal, regulatory, financial, online media) on individuals and companies. (www.intelligo.com) (VentureBeat)
Small Planet offers on-demand teams that allow you to scale rapidly and accelerate delivery timelines. Our developers and designers can onboard quickly to help you build out iOS, Android, Full Stack, and Shopify products. Do you have short-term or project-specific needs? Contact us.
6. NYC’s Verbit, an AI-powered transcription and captioning platform, has raised $250 million in a Series E funding at a $2 billion valuation. Third Point Ventures led the round and was joined by Sapphire Ventures, More Capital, Disruptive AI, Vertex Growth, 40North, Samsung Next and TCP. Verbit’s platform uses machine learning and natural language processing to transcribe audio supported by a team of over 33,000 human freelancers in over 120 countries who then review and edit the material. (www.verbit.ai) (TechCrunch)
7. NYC’s nTopology, an engineering design platform, has raised $65 million in a Series D funding. NYC’s Tiger Global led the round and was joined by Oldslip Group, Root Ventures, Canaan Partners, Haystack and NYC’s Insight Partners. nTopology platform, which is focused on 3D printing and additive manufacturing, is used by companies such as Ford, Lockheed Martin and Honeywell. (www.ntopology,com) (TechCrunch)
8. NYC’s Comet, a machine learning development platform, has raised $50 million in a Series B funding. OpenView led the round and was joined by Scale Venture Partners, Trilogy Equity Partners and NYC’s Two Sigma Ventures. Comet’s platform accelerates machine learning development and is used by companies such as Ancestry, Etsy, Uber and Zappos. (www.comet.ml) (BusinessWire)
9. NYC’s YieldStreet, a crowdfunded alternative investment platform, has raised $50 million in a follow-on investment round. Mayfair Equity Partners was the investor. Yieldstreet’s 325,000 users have funded $2.5 billion of deals on its platform. (www.yieldstreet.com) (BusinessWire)
10. NYC’s Helaina, which is developing a new kind of infant milk, has raised $20 million in a Series A funding. The round was co-led by Spark Capital and Siam Capital, with participation from Plum Alley Investments and NYC’s Primary Venture Partners. Helaina uses precision fermentation to recreate immune-equivalent proteins previously only available in breast milk. (www.myhelaina.com) (Food Business News)
We have special sale pricing on TechNY Daily sponsorship and advertising opportunities. For information, contact: Lauren@techny.nyc
TechNY Recruit Jobs
Job Postings are on sale.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
CookUnity is the first Chef-Direct Subscription service — a chef-to-food lover marketplace connecting the country’s most talented chefs with eaters (consumers). We are on a mission to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses. We recently raised a $47M Series B which will help us expand our purpose across the US and reach out to more chefs and more eaters than ever before.
Director of Engineering, ChefOS Zone
Tech Lead, Chef Experience
Tech Lead, Ops Tech
Movable Ink (new)
Movable Ink is a software company that helps businesses earn attention in a world where time is precious and creativity is power. Founded in 2010, Movable Ink activates any data into real-time, personalized content in any customer touchpoint. With more than 400 employees, the company is headquartered in New York City with operations throughout North America, Central America, Europe, Australia, and Japan.
Deals Desk Analyst
Senior BI Analyst
Strategic Account Director
Go-to-Market Systems Trainer
Business Systems Manager
Senior Backend Engineer
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Senior Security Engineer
Bluecore uses predictive intelligence to automatically connect shoppers to products, content, and offers, wherever they are. We recently gained unicorn status and have been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Fortune, and BuiltIn among others. Come join us!
Engineering Manager — Audiences
Customer Success Manager
Check is a payroll-as-a-service API that lets you embed payroll directly in your vertical SaaS, HR, or time-tracking platform. Our API abstracts away the complexities of running payroll: tax calculation, remittance, and filing, plus the movement of money between companies and employees. This enables companies to easily build fully integrated payroll products to offer to their customers. It is an exciting time for our team as we are onboarding new companies and employees to the platform weekly!
Risk Operations Lead
Senior Legal Operations and Licensing Specialist
Demand Generation Lead
Senior Technical Recruiter
Partner Success Manager
Business Development Representative
Strategic Sales — Growth Segment
Head of Education, Training and Enablement
A made-to-fade tattoo brand reimagining the tattoo industry through technology and owned studios. Read more about us at Fast Company and Forbes.
Director of Engineering & IT
Email & Marketing Automation Lead
Director of Engineering & IT
Email & Marketing Automation Lead
Fora is re-inventing the travel agent experience for travelers and advisors. Anyone will be able to become a Fora travel advisor and start earning by selling, planning, and booking trips, enabling you to grow your own travel business — as a side hustle or a new career. Founded by three repeat entrepreneurs and backed by leading investors, we are building our initial team in lower Manhattan
Product Manager-Travel Advisor Platform
Technical Product Manager
Palo Alto Networks (new)
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Senior Software Engineer
Our mission is to be commercial real estate’s modern operating system, the place where data comes to life and deals happen.
Senior Software Engineer, Site Reliability & Platform
Senior Software Engineer, VTS Rise
Investment Research Manager
Senior Product Marketing Manager
Staff Software Engineer, Rise
The world’s only universal shopping app. nate is a venture-backed, intelligent automation, social shopping and payments startup, with offices in New York and London. nate just closed it’s series A round, raising 38MM from Renegade, Forerunner Ventures, Coatue and Canaan, among others.
Yotpo is a leading eCommerce marketing platform on a mission to help brands of all sizes accelerate their growth through exceptional customer experiences. Yotpo secured a $230 million fundraising round in March (you can call us a unicorn our valuation is now $1.4 billion), and our primary goal is to deliver the best technology in the industry.
Customer Success Manager
Strategic Client Success Manager
Senior Salesforce Admin
Director of CS
Strategic SMS Account Director
Senor Demand Generation Manager
Sales Strategy & Operations Manager
Partner Operations Manager
LeafLink is the cannabis industry’s standard wholesale ordering platform and the largest B2B marketplace connecting licensed cannabis brands and retailers across the country.
Senior Growth Marketing Manager
Ethena is a compliance training platform built for today’s teams. Our micro-learning approach is designed for retention, and our entertaining and informative content is designed for a cringe-free experience. We recently raised a Series A led by top-tier firm Felicis, and are now expanding our product offerings and platform functionality.
Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Senior Front-End Engineer
Senior Backend Engineer
Growth Marketing and Demand Generation Lead
Mid-Market Account Executive
LeagueApps is the operating system and community for youth and local sports leaders. We power thousands of clubs, tournaments, leagues, camps, and facilities with a platform that reaches more than 10 million participants nationwide.
BrainStation is the global leader in digital skills training and workforce transformation, offering hands-on and outcomes-based courses in subjects such as Web Development, User Experience Design, Data Science and Digital Marketing.
A personalized subscription site for pop culture’s biggest fans.
Director of Engineering
Hyperscience is the automation company that enables data to flow within and between the world’s leading firms in financial services, insurance, healthcare and government markets. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in New York City with offices in Sofia, Bulgaria and London, UK, we’ve raised more than $50 million raised to date and are growing quickly. We welcome anyone who believes in big ideas and demonstrates a willingness to learn, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team and make a difference in our organization and for our customers.
Machine Learning Engineer
Braavo provides on demand funding for mobile apps and games. We offer a flexible and affordable funding alternative to the traditional sources of capital like working with a VC or bank. We’re changing the way mobile entrepreneurs finance and grow their app businesses. Our predictive technology delivers on demand, performance-based funding, without dilution or personal guarantees. By providing non-dilutive, yet scalable alternatives to equity, we’re helping founders retain control of their companies.
Business Development Manager
VP of Marketing
Upper90 is an alternative credit manager based in New York City that has deployed over $500m within 18 months of inception.
Investor Relations Analyst
UpScored is the only career site that uses data science to connect you with jobs suited specifically to you while automatically learning your career interests. Its AI-powered platform decreases job search time by 90%, showing you the jobs you’re most likely to get (and want) in less than 2 minutes.
Senior Frontend Developer
Senior Backend Developer
Frame.io is a video review and collaboration platform designed to unify media assets and creative conversations in a user-friendly environment. Headquartered in New York City, Frame.io was developed by filmmakers, VFX artists and post production executives. Today, we support nearly 1 million media professionals at enterprises including Netflix, Buzzfeed, Turner, NASA & Vice Media.
Frontend Engineering Manager
Sr. Swift Engineer
Lead Product Designer
Postlight is building an extraordinary team that loves to make great digital products — come join us!
Full Stack Engineer
Deliver your job listings directly to 50,000 members of the NYC tech community at an amazingly low cost. Find out how: email@example.com
NYC Tech Industry Virtual Event Calendar
Building In The Open with Cockroach Labs, Timescale & Solo.io
(1pm — 2pm ET)
Hosted by Work-Bench
Women Leading Visual Tech: Radically Transforming Fashion
Hosted by LDV Capital Global
Contact Us for Free Listing of Your Web-based Events
Send us your events to list (it’s Free!) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
TechNY Daily is distributed three times a week to 50,000 members of NYC’s tech and digital media industry.
Connecting the New York Tech Industry
Social Media • Mobile • Digital Media • Big Data • AdTech • App Development • e-Commerce • Games • Analytics • FinTech • Web • Software • UX • Video • Digital Advertising • Content • SaaS • Open Source • Cloud Computing • AI • Web Design • Business Intelligence • Enterprise Software • EduTech • FashionTech • Incubators • Accelerators • Co-Working • TravelTech • Real Estate Tech
Copyright © 2021 TechNY, All rights reserved.