October 25, 2021
TechNY15 Stock Index: 1,656.53 (+7.55) (+0.5%)
Keeping Our 50,000 NYC Tech Industry Readers Informed
1. Wework finally went public last Thursday via a merger with a SPAC, BowX Acquisition Corp., in a deal which valued the company at around $9 billion. As part of the deal, WeWork gets access to the $420 million previously raised by the SPAC. WeWork’s stock, now trading on the NYSE under the symbol WE, closed up 13% on its first day of trading, and is now priced at $12.84. (www.wework.com) (CNBC)
2. NYC’s Chronosphere, a cloud-native application monitoring platform, has raised $200 million in a Series C funding at a $1 billion valuation. General Atlantic led the round and was joined by Addition, Greylock, Lux Capital and Founders Fund. Chronosphere’s platform provides data observability for cloud-native applications. (www.chronsphere.io) (TechCrunch)
3. NYC’s RubiconMD, a telemedicine platform for healthcare providers, has been acquired by Oak Street Health. The purchase price was $130 million in cash plus up to an additional $60 million based on future performance. RubiconMD had previously raised a total of $38 million from investors including Deerfield Management Company, Optum Ventures, HLM Venture Partners, Waterline Ventures and Heritage Provider Network. (www.rubiconmd.com) (www.oakstreethealth.com) (MobiHealthNews)
4. NYC’s Caper AI, a startup developing technologies to automate brick-and-mortar checkout experiences, has been acquired by Instacart. The purchase price was $350 million paid in a combination of cash and stock. Caper had previously raised $13 million from Lux Capital, FundersClub, HCVC, First Round Capital, Red Apple Group, Redo Ventures, Precursor Ventures and Y Combinator. (www.caper.ai) (VentureBeat)
5. NYC’s Mulberry, a product protection platform for online sellers, has raised $22 million in a Series B funding. Commerce Ventures led the round and was joined by Hudson Structured Capital Management, Ally Bank and CreditEase. Mulberry delivers product warranty offers seamlessly embedded into online retailers’ websites via a Google Chrome browser extension. (www.getmulberry.com) (GlobeNewswire)
Small Planet offers on-demand teams that allow you to scale rapidly and accelerate delivery timelines. Our developers and designers can onboard quickly to help you build out iOS, Android, Full Stack, and Shopify products. Do you have short-term or project-specific needs? Contact us.
6. NYC’s Republic, an investing platform, has raised $150 million in a Series B funding. Valor Equity Partners led the round at a $1 billion valuation and was joined by Galaxy Interactive, Motley Fool Ventures, HOF Capital, Tribe Capital, CoinFund, Pillar VC, GoldenTree and Atreides. Republic operates a retail investment platform, a private capital division, a blockchain incubator and venture capital fund. (www.republic.co) (PR Newswire)
7. The New York Times has profiled SaksWorks, the new co-working joint venture between Saks Fifth Avenue and WeWork. The first two SaksWorks locations opened last month, one on the 10th floor of Saks’ Midtown store and another in the Financial District. Other locations are opening on Long Island (in an old Lord & Taylor building in Manhasset), in Westchester and in Greenwich, CT. The $300 monthly membership fee includes a gym membership (www.saksworks.com) (New York Times)
8. NYC’s Hibob, developers of the “bob” HR platform, has raised $150 million in a Series C funding. General Atlantic led the round and was joined by Bessemer Venture Partners, Battery Ventures, Eight Roads and Entrée Capital. Bob, which has users such as Fiverr and VaynerMedia, provides basic HR functions (payroll, benefits and onboarding), as well as features related to performance and company culture. (www.hibob.com) (TechCrunch )
9. Brooklyn’s Blank Street, a coffee shop chain, has raised $25 million in a Series A funding. General Catalyst and Tiger Global led the round and were joined by Neil Blumenthal and Dave Gilboa (Founders of Warby Parker), Jeff Raider (Founder of Warby Parker and Harry’s), Joey Zwillinger (Founder of Allbirds) and real estate firm Tishman Speyer. Blank Street has expanded from a single cart at the Wythe Diner in Williamsburg in August 2020 to 14 NYC locations, with plans to expand to 100 NYC locations. (www.blankstreet.com) (Pulse 2.0)
10. Stamford’s SwiftConnect, a flexible work access management platform, has raised $9 million in a seed round funding. JLL Spark Global Ventures led the round and was joined by JLL, Navitas Capital, World Trade Ventures, Concrete Ventures, Silvertech Ventures, 1414 Ventures and NetOne. The company’s platform allows an employee anywhere in the world to use a single credential to access any location, and allowing building owners and enterprises to manage access permissions. (www.swiftconnect.io) (BusinessWire)
11. NYC’s Continuum, a talent marketplace for fractional employees, has raised $2.9 million in a seed funding. Uncork Capital led the round and was joined by Day One Ventures. Continuum’s platform presents, within 48 hours, a list of executives who are available to start that day, working 15 or 20 hours per week. (www.joincontinuum.com) (TechCrunch)
12. Applications are open through October 27, 2021 for the Founder Fellowship, an initiative to provide urban tech founders from underrepresented backgrounds with the resources they need to scale their companies. The Founder Fellowship is a collaboration between Newlab and the New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC)’s Venture Access NYC initiative. More information can be found here. (www.newlab.com)
We have special sale pricing on TechNY Daily sponsorship and advertising opportunities. For information, contact: Lauren@techny.nyc
TechNY Recruit Jobs
Job Postings are on sale.
Contact us at email@example.com
Movable Ink (new)
Movable Ink is a software company that helps businesses earn attention in a world where time is precious and creativity is power. Founded in 2010, Movable Ink activates any data into real-time, personalized content in any customer touchpoint. With more than 400 employees, the company is headquartered in New York City with operations throughout North America, Central America, Europe, Australia, and Japan.
Deals Desk Analyst
Sr. BI Analyst
Strategic Account Director
Go-to-Market Systems Trainer
Business Systems Manager
Sr. Backend Engineer
Sr. Site Reliability Engineer
Sr. Security Engineer
Bluecore uses predictive intelligence to automatically connect shoppers to products, content, and offers, wherever they are. We recently gained unicorn status and have been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Fortune, and BuiltIn among others. Come join us!
Engineering Manager — Audiences
Customer Success Manager
Check is a payroll-as-a-service API that lets you embed payroll directly in your vertical SaaS, HR, or time-tracking platform. Our API abstracts away the complexities of running payroll: tax calculation, remittance, and filing, plus the movement of money between companies and employees, enabling companies to easily build fully integrated payroll products to offer to their customers. It is an exciting time for our team as we are onboarding new companies and employees to the platform weekly!
Risk Operations Lead
Senior Legal Operations and Licensing Specialist
Demand Generation Lead
Senior Manager of People Operations
Business Development Representative
Strategic Sales — Growth Segment
Head of Education, Training and Enablement
A made-to-fade tattoo brand reimagining the tattoo industry through technology and owned studios. Read more about us at Fast Company and Forbes.
Director of Engineering & IT
Email & Marketing Automation Lead
Director of Engineering & IT
Email & Marketing Automation Lead
Fora is re-inventing the travel agent experience for travelers and advisors. Anyone will be able to become a Fora travel advisor and start earning by selling, planning, and booking trips, enabling you to grow your own travel business — as a side hustle or a new career. Founded by three repeat entrepreneurs and backed by leading investors, we are building our initial team in lower Manhattan
Product Manager-Travel Advisor Platform
Technical Product Manager
Palo Alto Networks (new)
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Senior Software Engineer
Our mission is to be commercial real estate’s modern operating system, the place where data comes to life and deals happen.
Senior Software Engineer, Site Reliability & Platform
Senior Software Engineer, VTS Rise
Investment Research Manager
Senior Product Marketing Manager
Staff Software Engineer, Rise
The world’s only universal shopping app. nate is a venture-backed, intelligent automation, social shopping and payments startup, with offices in New York and London. nate just closed it’s series A round, raising 38MM from Renegade, Forerunner Ventures, Coatue and Canaan, among others.
Yotpo is a leading eCommerce marketing platform on a mission to help brands of all sizes accelerate their growth through exceptional customer experiences. Yotpo secured a $230 million fundraising round in March (you can call us a unicorn our valuation is now $1.4 billion), and our primary goal is to deliver the best technology in the industry.
Customer Success Manager
Strategic Client Success Manager
Senior Salesforce Admin
Director of CS
Strategic SMS Account Director
Senor Demand Generation Manager
Sales Strategy & Operations Manager
Partner Operations Manager
LeafLink is the cannabis industry’s standard wholesale ordering platform and the largest B2B marketplace connecting licensed cannabis brands and retailers across the country.
Senior Growth Marketing Manager
Ethena is a compliance training platform built for today’s teams. Our micro-learning approach is designed for retention, and our entertaining and informative content is designed for a cringe-free experience. We recently raised a Series A led by top-tier firm Felicis, and are now expanding our product offerings and platform functionality.
Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Senior Front-End Engineer
Senior Backend Engineer
Growth Marketing and Demand Generation Lead
Mid-Market Account Executive
LeagueApps is the operating system and community for youth and local sports leaders. We power thousands of clubs, tournaments, leagues, camps, and facilities with a platform that reaches more than 10 million participants nationwide.
BrainStation is the global leader in digital skills training and workforce transformation, offering hands-on and outcomes-based courses in subjects such as Web Development, User Experience Design, Data Science and Digital Marketing.
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. We work with 3,500+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box.
Sales Development Representative
Senior Client Strategy Manager
A personalized subscription site for pop culture’s biggest fans.
Director of Engineering
Hyperscience is the automation company that enables data to flow within and between the world’s leading firms in financial services, insurance, healthcare and government markets. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in New York City with offices in Sofia, Bulgaria and London, UK, we’ve raised more than $50 million raised to date and are growing quickly. We welcome anyone who believes in big ideas and demonstrates a willingness to learn, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team and make a difference in our organization and for our customers.
Machine Learning Engineer
Braavo provides on demand funding for mobile apps and games. We offer a flexible and affordable funding alternative to the traditional sources of capital like working with a VC or bank. We’re changing the way mobile entrepreneurs finance and grow their app businesses. Our predictive technology delivers on demand, performance-based funding, without dilution or personal guarantees. By providing non-dilutive, yet scalable alternatives to equity, we’re helping founders retain control of their companies.
Business Development Manager
VP of Marketing
Upper90 is an alternative credit manager based in New York City that has deployed over $500m within 18 months of inception.
Investor Relations Analyst
UpScored is the only career site that uses data science to connect you with jobs suited specifically to you while automatically learning your career interests. Its AI-powered platform decreases job search time by 90%, showing you the jobs you’re most likely to get (and want) in less than 2 minutes.
Senior Frontend Developer
Senior Backend Developer
Frame.io is a video review and collaboration platform designed to unify media assets and creative conversations in a user-friendly environment. Headquartered in New York City, Frame.io was developed by filmmakers, VFX artists and post production executives. Today, we support nearly 1 million media professionals at enterprises including Netflix, Buzzfeed, Turner, NASA & Vice Media.
Frontend Engineering Manager
Sr. Swift Engineer
Lead Product Designer
Postlight is building an extraordinary team that loves to make great digital products — come join us!
Full Stack Engineer
Deliver your job listings directly to 50,000 members of the NYC tech community at an amazingly low cost. Find out how: firstname.lastname@example.org
NYC Tech Industry Virtual Event Calendar
Hosted by Kaltura
Contact Us for Free Listing of Your Web-based Events
Send us your events to list (it’s Free!) to: email@example.com
TechNY Daily is distributed three times a week to 50,000 members of NYC’s tech and digital media industry.
Connecting the New York Tech Industry
Social Media • Mobile • Digital Media • Big Data • AdTech • App Development • e-Commerce • Games • Analytics • FinTech • Web • Software • UX • Video • Digital Advertising • Content • SaaS • Open Source • Cloud Computing • AI • Web Design • Business Intelligence • Enterprise Software • EduTech • FashionTech • Incubators • Accelerators • Co-Working • TravelTech • Real Estate Tech
Copyright © 2021 TechNY, All rights reserved.