September 9, 2021
TechNY15 Stock Index: 1,584.79 (+46.45) (+3.0%)
Keeping The NYC Tech Industry Informed
1. NYC’s Offchain Labs, a startup working on Ethereum scalability, has raised $120 million in a Series B funding. Lightspeed Venture Partners led the round and was joined by Polychain Capital, Ribbit Capital, Redpoint Ventures, Pantera Capital, Alameda Research and Mark Cuban. The company’s Arbitrum One scalability platform is already being used by 400 developers. (www.offchainlabs.com) (Coin Telegraph)
2. Brooklyn’s Quip, an oral care startup, has raised $100 million in a Series B funding. Cowen Sustainable Investments led the round. Quips subscription-based platform for dental products is being used by 7.5 million people. (www.getquip.com) (TechCrunch)
3. NYC’s Eight Sleep, a sleep tech company, has raised $86 million in a Series C round, at a valuation near $500 million. Valor Equity Partners led the round with SoftBank, Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, General Catalyst former NY Yankee Alex Rodriguez, SF Giant’s Kris Bryant, Red Sox’s J.D. Martinez and comedian Kevin Hart also participating. Eight’s Pod technology can detect your temperature, heartbeat and breathing, and heat or cool a bed accordingly. (www.eightsleep.com) (TechCrunch)
4. NYC’s Urbint, an AI-based platform that predicts threats to critical infrastructure, has raised $60 million in a Series C funding. Energize Ventures led the round with participation by American Electric Power, OGCI Climate Investments, Energy Impact Partners, National Grid Partners, Blue Bear Capital and Salesforce Ventures. The company’s software can make predictions about construction, maintenance, and field operations failures up to a week in advance. (www.urbint.com) (VentureBeat)
5. NYC’s Knoetic, a human resources platform, has raised $18 million in a Series A funding. Accel led the round and was joined by Contrary Capital, Pear Ventures and numerous angel investors. The company’s platform combines a social network for Chief People Officers with analytic tools. (www.knoetic.com) (PR Newswire)
Small Planet offers on-demand teams that allow you to scale rapidly and accelerate delivery timelines. Our developers and designers can onboard quickly to help you build out iOS, Android, Full Stack, and Shopify products. Do you have short-term or project-specific needs? Contact us.
6. NYC’s Grafana Labs, the company behind open source projects Grafana and Loki, has raised $220 million in a Series C funding which valued the company at $3 billion. Sequoia Capital and Coatue led the round and were joined by Lightspeed Venture Partners, Lead Edge Capital and GIC. The company, which is the commercial arm of the open source projects, connects and monitors data stored in various kinds of databases. (www.grafana.com) (GloveNewswire)
7. Google has further pushed back the reopening of its offices (including in NYC) from October 18 to January 10, 2022. Returning employees will need to be vaccinated. (CNBC)
8. Peloton is under investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission in connection with how it publicly reported treadmill injuries. Peloton recalled its Tread treadmills last May after initially pushing back against a Consumer Products Safety Commission recall request. The recall is expected to cost Peloton $165 million in lost revenue. (www.onepeloton.com) (CNN)
9. NYC’s Ideanomics has acquired commercial electric vehicle manufacturer Via Motors. The purchase price was $450 million in Ideanomics stock. Via designs and manufacturers electric vans and trucks for short and middle-mile deliver\iesy. (www.ideanomics.com) (www.viamotors.com) (TechCrunch)
10. NYC’s Antidote Health, a telemedicine platform, has raised $12 million in a seed funding. Investors included iAngels, Well-Tech Ventures and Flint Capital. For a $29 monthly membership fee, Antidote offers unlimited telemedicine visits with in-network doctors and zero copays on most prescription drugs. (www.antidotehealth.ai) (MedCity News)
11. NYC’s Shimmer Industries, a platform that automates the design, development and deployment of large-scale lighting projects, has raised $2 million in a seed funding. VoLo Earth Ventures led the round. The company’s platform captures insights that helps building owners and managers cut their energy consumption by up to 85%. (www.shimmerindustries.com) (PRNewswire)
We have special sale pricing on TechNY Daily sponsorship and advertising opportunities. For information, contact: Lauren@techny.nyc
TechNY Recruit Jobs
Job Postings are on sale. Contact us at email@example.com
The world’s only universal shopping app. nate is a venture-backed, intelligent automation, social shopping and payments startup, with offices in New York and London. nate just closed it’s series A round, raising 38MM from Renegade, Forerunner Ventures, Coatue and Canaan, among others.
Payments & Risk Analyst
Payment Operations & Risk Associate
Product Manager, Consumer
Technical Talent Acquisition Manager
Marketing Project Manager
Director, Growth Marketing
Marketing Data Analyst
Yotpo is a leading eCommerce marketing platform on a mission to help brands of all sizes accelerate their growth through exceptional customer experiences. Yotpo secured a $230 million fundraising round in March (you can call us a unicorn our valuation is now $1.4 billion), and our primary goal is to deliver the best technology in the industry.
Customer Success Manager
Strategic Client Success Manager
Senior Salesforce Admin
Director of CS
Strategic SMS Account Director
Senor Demand Generation Manager
Sales Strategy & Operations Manager
Partner Operations Manager
Head of Email Marketing
Mid-Market Account Executive
LeafLink is the cannabis industry’s standard wholesale ordering platform and the largest B2B marketplace connecting licensed cannabis brands and retailers across the country.
Brand & Content Marketing Director
Senior Regional Marketing Manager
Senior Product Marketing Manager
Senior Growth Marketing Manager
Ethena delivers modern, effective workplace eLearning. Our first product, harassment prevention training, focuses on culture change over compliance. Ethena is trusted by some of the most innovative companies including Netflix, Zendesk, Figma, and Medium. We are backed by top-tier investors like GSV, Homebrew, and Neo.
Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Senior Front-End Engineer
Senior Backend Engineer
Lead Product Manager
Growth Marketing and Demand Generation Lead
Mid-Market Account Executive
Slate is a web and mobile product used by some of the top brands in the world to create branded social media content in seconds. Slate has customers from the NFL, NBA, MLB, MLS, EPL as well as some of the largest media, beauty and entertainment brands in the world.
Product Designer, UI/UX
Ceros is looking for a New Business Director to join our team! If you’re not familiar with us, Ceros is a cloud-based platform that empowers over 650 clients the likes of Red Bull, Aon and McKinsey to create interactive digital content without any coding resources.
Remote New Business Director
Headway is building a new mental healthcare system, rewired for access and affordability.
Provider Growth Manager
Provider Growth Associate
Customer Experience Associate
LeagueApps is the operating system and community for youth and local sports leaders. We power thousands of clubs, tournaments, leagues, camps, and facilities with a platform that reaches more than 10 million participants nationwide.
Senior Backend Software Engineer
The future of Search, an API call away.
SRE: Infra & Tools
Software Engineer: Distributed Data Systems
Stellar Health is a healthcare technology company that helps providers and health insurance companies improve quality and financial performance by prompting providers and their practice staff with recommended value-based actions and real-time payments at the point of care.
Senior Technical Recruiter
Senior Software Engineer
Helping people succeed at their careers, and find meaningful jobs at the best companies
Senior Front-End Engineer
Senior Product Designer
Project Manager, Client Onboarding
Ladders is the leading $100K+ professional community. We focus on the careers, professional growth, and office lifestyle of the top 25% of the workforce. With Ladders News, we provide the information and entertainment that our audience needs for lifelong career success, while Ladders Jobs is the largest source for $100K+ jobs in the US and Canada.
SEO Strategist Software Engineer III
Lead Product Designer
Director, Technical Product Management
BrainStation is the global leader in digital skills training and workforce transformation, offering hands-on and outcomes-based courses in subjects such as Web Development, User Experience Design, Data Science and Digital Marketing.
Educator, UX Design
Educator, Data Science
Educator, Web Development
Business Development Representative
Junior Sales Coordinator
Coordinator, Customer Experience
Coordinator, Talent Acquisition
TripleLift is a technology company rooted at the intersection of creative and media. We are an advertising platform where creative fits seamlessly into every experience across desktop, mobile and video. We help make advertising work for everyone. Advertising is important. We didn’t invent advertising, but we are making advertising better.
Senior Software Engineer
Product Manager — OTT Monetization Platform
Capitolis is the leading SaaS platform that drives financial resource optimization for capital markets. More than 50 financial institutions, as well as many hedge funds and asset managers, leverage Capitolis’ technology to bring the best services to market and achieve high levels of return, while using the most appropriate amounts of their financial resources. Backed by world class investors, including Index Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Spark Capital, SVB Capital and S Capital, Capitolis is growing rapidly in our offices in New York, London and Tel Aviv.
Director of Client Services
Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
Director of Demand Generation (NYC)
Adoption Manager (NYC or London)
FX Operations Analyst (NYC or London)
Director of Product Management (NYC)
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. We work with 3,500+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box.
Sales Development Representative
Senior Client Strategy Manager
Director of Client Strategy
Mantra Health is a digital mental health company on a mission to improve access to quality mental healthcare for university students throughout the United States through the marriage of evidence-based therapy and psychiatry with software, data, and design.
Business Development Manager
We are a SaaS solution that makes crypto accounting easy. We are a trusted, blockchain-native technology team that is passionate about digital asset technology. Our team is continuously collaborating and designing new products and initiatives to expand our market presence. Technology and customers are at the center of our universe. We dedicate our energy to learning, building, adapting, and achieving impactful results.
Senior Front End Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Software Test Engineer
Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy.
Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
Manager, Software Engineering
Transforming chemical industry with modern commerce technology
Business Development Manager — Enterprise SaaS
Marketing Director — Enterprise SaaS
Our mission: To democratize Discovery.
Enterprise Account Executive
A personalized subscription site for pop culture’s biggest fans.
Director of Engineering
Retirement made easy.
Senior Fullstack Engineer
Hyperscience is the automation company that enables data to flow within and between the world’s leading firms in financial services, insurance, healthcare and government markets. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in New York City with offices in Sofia, Bulgaria and London, UK, we’ve raised more than $50 million raised to date and are growing quickly. We welcome anyone who believes in big ideas and demonstrates a willingness to learn, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team and make a difference in our organization and for our customers.
Machine Learning Engineer
Braavo provides on demand funding for mobile apps and games. We offer a flexible and affordable funding alternative to the traditional sources of capital like working with a VC or bank. We’re changing the way mobile entrepreneurs finance and grow their app businesses. Our predictive technology delivers on demand, performance-based funding, without dilution or personal guarantees. By providing non-dilutive, yet scalable alternatives to equity, we’re helping founders retain control of their companies.
Business Development Manager
VP of Marketing
At Yogi, we help companies decipher customer feedback, from ratings and reviews to surveys and support requests. Companies are inundated with feedback, but when it comes to turning this data into actionable business decisions, most companies fall short. That’s where Yogi fits in.
Full Stack Software Engineer
Upper90 is an alternative credit manager based in New York City that has deployed over $500m within 18 months of inception.
Investor Relations Analyst
UpScored is the only career site that uses data science to connect you with jobs suited specifically to you while automatically learning your career interests. Its AI-powered platform decreases job search time by 90%, showing you the jobs you’re most likely to get (and want) in less than 2 minutes.
Senior Frontend Developer
Senior Backend Developer
Frame.io is a video review and collaboration platform designed to unify media assets and creative conversations in a user-friendly environment. Headquartered in New York City, Frame.io was developed by filmmakers, VFX artists and post production executives. Today, we support nearly 1 million media professionals at enterprises including Netflix, Buzzfeed, Turner, NASA & Vice Media.
Frontend Engineering Manager
Sr. Swift Engineer
Lead Product Designer
NYC startup revolutionizing the locksmith industry with innovative robotics and mobile technology.
Inbound Phone Sales Representative
Systems Software Engineer
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile.
Enterprise Sales Director — New York
Postlight is building an extraordinary team that loves to make great digital products — come join us!
Full Stack Engineer
Deliver your job listings directly to 50,000 members of the NYC tech community at an amazingly low cost. Find out how: firstname.lastname@example.org
NYC Tech Industry Virtual Event Calendar
Bolster Up Series — How to Scale Your Marketing Function
Featuring Drip CEO, John Tedesco.
Hosted by Bolster
Visual Tech Fueling the Creator Economy
Featuring OpenAI, Synthesia, Clarifai and others
Hosted by LDV Capital
NYC Media Lab’s Summit 2021: Future Imperfect
Contact Us for Free Listing of Your Web-based Events
Send us your events to list (it’s Free!) to: email@example.com
Did You Miss Anything Important?
Read Our TechNY Daily Past Editions
TechNY Daily is distributed three times a week to 50,000 members of NYC’s tech and digital media industry.
Connecting the New York Tech Industry
Social Media • Mobile • Digital Media • Big Data • AdTech • App Development • e-Commerce • Games • Analytics • FinTech • Web • Software • UX • Video • Digital Advertising • Content • SaaS • Open Source • Cloud Computing • AI • Web Design • Business Intelligence • Enterprise Software • EduTech • FashionTech • Incubators • Accelerators • Co-Working • TravelTech • Real Estate Tech
Copyright © 2021 TechNY, All rights reserved.