November 29, 2021
Keeping Our 50,000 NYC Tech
Industry Readers Informed and Connected
1. NYC’s Gemini, the crypto exchange started by the Winklevoss twins, has raised $400 million in a Series A funding at a $7.1 billion valuation. Morgan Creek Digital led the round with participation from ParaFi Capital, Jay-Z’s Marcy Venture Partners, Jeffrey Katzenberg’s 10T Holdings, Jane Street Capital, K5 Global, WndrCo, United Talent Agency, Newflow Partners, Mogo, VanEck and Boost VC. Gemini is the 11th-largest crypto exchange in the world. (www.gemini.com) (Forbes)
2. Brooklyn’s ConsenSys, which develops and invests in projects built on the Ethereum blockchain, has raised $200 million in a venture funding round at a $3.2 billion valuation. Investors included Marshall Wace, Third Point, ParaFi Capital, Think Investments, Dragonfly Capital, Electric Capital, Spartan Group, DeFiance Capital, Animoca Brands, Coinbase Ventures and HSBC. ConsenSys is known for its plethora of blockchain products, including developer tool Infura and wallet browser extension MetaMask. (www.consensys.net) (The Block)
3. NYC’s Nexar, an AI computer vision platform, has raised $53 million in a Series D funding. The round was led by Qumra Capital with participation from State Farm Ventures, Catalyst Investments, Valor, Atreides Management, Corner Ventures, Regah Ventures and Aleph. Nexar builds digital twins of cities using data crowdsourced from hundreds of thousands of dash cams across the US. (www.getnexar.com) (PR Newswire)
4. NYC’s Anyword, a natural language generation platform for marketers, has raised $21 million in a Series B funding. The round was led by Innovation Endeavors with participation from Tomer Cohen (Chief Product Officer of LinkedIn), Amir Orad (CEO of NYC’s Sisense), Nir Eyal, Howard Lerman (CEO of NYC’s Yext), Lead Capital and Gandyr Ventures. Anyword’s language optimization platform analyzes billions of data points to create effective marketing messages. (www.anyword.com) (BusinessWire)
5. NYC’s Fund That Flip, a crowdfunded lender for real estate loans, has raised $20 million in a Series B funding. The round was led by GPO Fund of New York with participation from MassMutual Ventures and Tribeca Early Stage Partners. The company provides short-term loans to real estate redevelopers who buy and renovate residential properties. (www.fundthatflip.com) (Globe Newswire)
Small Planet offers on-demand teams that allow you to scale rapidly and accelerate delivery timelines. Our developers and designers can onboard quickly to help you build out iOS, Android, Full Stack, and Shopify products. Do you have short-term or project-specific needs? Contact us.
6. NYC’s H1, a “LinkedIn for healthcare,” has raised $100 million in a Series C funding. Altimeter Capital led the round with participation from Goldman Sachs, Flex Capital, IVP, Menlo Ventures, Transformation Capital, Lux Capital and LeadEdge. The company’s platform provides in-depth profiles of healthcare professionals and institutions with a goal of compiling “everything you want to know about every doctor in the world.” (www.h1insights.com) (TechCrunch)
7. The CEO of British startup Eigen Technologies explains why “I took the difficult decision to move my company’s headquarters from London to New York. “ Among the reasons were the blow that Brexit has dealt to the UK’s talent pool and that US markets are far more welcoming and understanding of high-growth, ambitious and risky tech businesses. (Sifted)
8. NYC’s GlossGenius, a “business in a box” for the beauty and wellness industry, has raised $16.4 million in a Series A funding. Bessemer Venture Partners led the round and was joined by Tobias Lutke (co-founder & CEO of Shopify), Chris Comparato (co-founder & CEO of Toast) and Robert Murphy (co-founder of Mindbody). Starting out as a B2B software startup, GlossGenius has transitioned into payments with the development of a card reader that integrates with its app. (www.gossgenius.com) (TechCrunch)
9. NYC’s Imprint, a branded payment and rewards platform, has raised $38 million in a Series A funding. Kleiner Perkins led the round and was joined by Stripe. Imprint’s first product is a branded rewards credit card issued with no credit inquiries and customers pay no interest and no fees. (www.imprint.co) (BusinessWire)
10. NYC’s ALEX, a DeFi platform, has raised $5.8 million in a seed funding round. White Star Capital led the round and was joined by Cultur3, GBIC and OK Blockchain Capital. ALEX allows borrowing against Bitcoin without the risk of liquidation through the use of dynamic collateral rebalancing pools. (www.alexgo.io) (Decypt)
We have special sale pricing on TechNY Daily sponsorship and advertising opportunities. For information, contact: Lauren@techny.nyc
TechNY Recruit Jobs
Job Postings are on sale.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
CookUnity is the first Chef-Direct Subscription service — a chef-to-food lover marketplace connecting the country’s most talented chefs with eaters (consumers). We are on a mission to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses. We recently raised a $47M Series B which will help us expand our purpose across the US and reach out to more chefs and more eaters than ever before.
Director of Engineering, ChefOS Zone
Tech Lead, Chef Experience
Tech Lead, Ops Tech
Movable Ink (new)
Movable Ink is a software company that helps businesses earn attention in a world where time is precious and creativity is power. Founded in 2010, Movable Ink activates any data into real-time, personalized content in any customer touchpoint. With more than 400 employees, the company is headquartered in New York City with operations throughout North America, Central America, Europe, Australia, and Japan.
Deals Desk Analyst
Senior BI Analyst
Strategic Account Director
Go-to-Market Systems Trainer
Business Systems Manager
Senior Backend Engineer
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Senior Security Engineer
Bluecore uses predictive intelligence to automatically connect shoppers to products, content, and offers, wherever they are. We recently gained unicorn status and have been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Fortune, and BuiltIn among others. Come join us!
Engineering Manager — Audiences
Customer Success Manager
Check is a payroll-as-a-service API that lets you embed payroll directly in your vertical SaaS, HR, or time-tracking platform. Our API abstracts away the complexities of running payroll: tax calculation, remittance, and filing, plus the movement of money between companies and employees. This enables companies to easily build fully integrated payroll products to offer to their customers. It is an exciting time for our team as we are onboarding new companies and employees to the platform weekly!
Risk Operations Lead
Senior Legal Operations and Licensing Specialist
Demand Generation Lead
Senior Technical Recruiter
Partner Success Manager
Business Development Representative
Strategic Sales — Growth Segment
Head of Education, Training and Enablement
A made-to-fade tattoo brand reimagining the tattoo industry through technology and owned studios. Read more about us at Fast Company and Forbes.
Director of Engineering & IT
Email & Marketing Automation Lead
Director of Engineering & IT
Email & Marketing Automation Lead
Fora is re-inventing the travel agent experience for travelers and advisors. Anyone will be able to become a Fora travel advisor and start earning by selling, planning, and booking trips, enabling you to grow your own travel business — as a side hustle or a new career. Founded by three repeat entrepreneurs and backed by leading investors, we are building our initial team in lower Manhattan
Product Manager-Travel Advisor Platform
Technical Product Manager
Palo Alto Networks (new)
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Senior Software Engineer
Our mission is to be commercial real estate’s modern operating system, the place where data comes to life and deals happen.
Senior Software Engineer, Site Reliability & Platform
Senior Software Engineer, VTS Rise
Investment Research Manager
Senior Product Marketing Manager
Staff Software Engineer, Rise
The world’s only universal shopping app. nate is a venture-backed, intelligent automation, social shopping and payments startup, with offices in New York and London. nate just closed it’s series A round, raising 38MM from Renegade, Forerunner Ventures, Coatue and Canaan, among others.
Yotpo is a leading eCommerce marketing platform on a mission to help brands of all sizes accelerate their growth through exceptional customer experiences. Yotpo secured a $230 million fundraising round in March (you can call us a unicorn our valuation is now $1.4 billion), and our primary goal is to deliver the best technology in the industry.
Customer Success Manager
Strategic Client Success Manager
Senior Salesforce Admin
Director of CS
Strategic SMS Account Director
Senor Demand Generation Manager
Sales Strategy & Operations Manager
Partner Operations Manager
LeafLink is the cannabis industry’s standard wholesale ordering platform and the largest B2B marketplace connecting licensed cannabis brands and retailers across the country.
Senior Growth Marketing Manager
Ethena is a compliance training platform built for today’s teams. Our micro-learning approach is designed for retention, and our entertaining and informative content is designed for a cringe-free experience. We recently raised a Series A led by top-tier firm Felicis, and are now expanding our product offerings and platform functionality.
Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Senior Front-End Engineer
Senior Backend Engineer
Growth Marketing and Demand Generation Lead
Mid-Market Account Executive
LeagueApps is the operating system and community for youth and local sports leaders. We power thousands of clubs, tournaments, leagues, camps, and facilities with a platform that reaches more than 10 million participants nationwide.
BrainStation is the global leader in digital skills training and workforce transformation, offering hands-on and outcomes-based courses in subjects such as Web Development, User Experience Design, Data Science and Digital Marketing.
A personalized subscription site for pop culture’s biggest fans.
Director of Engineering
Hyperscience is the automation company that enables data to flow within and between the world’s leading firms in financial services, insurance, healthcare and government markets. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in New York City with offices in Sofia, Bulgaria and London, UK, we’ve raised more than $50 million raised to date and are growing quickly. We welcome anyone who believes in big ideas and demonstrates a willingness to learn, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team and make a difference in our organization and for our customers.
Machine Learning Engineer
Braavo provides on demand funding for mobile apps and games. We offer a flexible and affordable funding alternative to the traditional sources of capital like working with a VC or bank. We’re changing the way mobile entrepreneurs finance and grow their app businesses. Our predictive technology delivers on demand, performance-based funding, without dilution or personal guarantees. By providing non-dilutive, yet scalable alternatives to equity, we’re helping founders retain control of their companies.
Business Development Manager
VP of Marketing
Upper90 is an alternative credit manager based in New York City that has deployed over $500m within 18 months of inception.
Investor Relations Analyst
UpScored is the only career site that uses data science to connect you with jobs suited specifically to you while automatically learning your career interests. Its AI-powered platform decreases job search time by 90%, showing you the jobs you’re most likely to get (and want) in less than 2 minutes.
Senior Frontend Developer
Senior Backend Developer
Frame.io is a video review and collaboration platform designed to unify media assets and creative conversations in a user-friendly environment. Headquartered in New York City, Frame.io was developed by filmmakers, VFX artists and post production executives. Today, we support nearly 1 million media professionals at enterprises including Netflix, Buzzfeed, Turner, NASA & Vice Media.
Frontend Engineering Manager
Sr. Swift Engineer
Lead Product Designer
Postlight is building an extraordinary team that loves to make great digital products — come join us!
Full Stack Engineer
Deliver your job listings directly to 50,000 members of the NYC tech community at an amazingly low cost. Find out how: email@example.com
NYC Tech Industry Virtual Event Calendar
Building In The Open with Cockroach Labs, Timescale & Solo.io
(1pm — 2pm ET)
Hosted by Work-Bench
Women Leading Visual Tech: Radically Transforming Fashion
Hosted by LDV Capital Global
Contact Us for Free Listing of Your Web-based Events
Send us your events to list (it’s Free!) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
TechNY Daily is distributed three times a week to 50,000 members of NYC’s tech and digital media industry.
Connecting the New York Tech Industry
Social Media • Mobile • Digital Media • Big Data • AdTech • App Development • e-Commerce • Games • Analytics • FinTech • Web • Software • UX • Video • Digital Advertising • Content • SaaS • Open Source • Cloud Computing • AI • Web Design • Business Intelligence • Enterprise Software • EduTech • FashionTech • Incubators • Accelerators • Co-Working • TravelTech • Real Estate Tech
Copyright © 2021 TechNY, All rights reserved.