June 28, 2021
TechNY15 Stock Index: 1,534.94 (-12.46) (-0.8%)
Keeping The NYC Tech Industry Connected and Informed
1. NYC’s Chainalysis, a provider of blockchain compliance services, has raised $100 million in a Series D financing at a $4.2 billion valuation. The round was led by Coatue with participation from Benchmark, Accel, Addition, Dragoneer, Durable Capital Partners, 9Yards Capital, Altimeter, Blackstone, GIC, Pictet, Sequoia Heritage and SVB Capital. Chainalysis’ platform identifies cryptocurrency fraud, money laundering and other illegal and illicit practices. (www.chainalysis.com) (PR Newswire)
2. Goldman Sachs welcomed its employees back to the office with live music and food trucks. The firm provided free lunches from nearly two-dozen food trucks outside its 200 West Street building, including Cousins Maine Lobster, Poke Motion and the Van Leeuwen ice-cream shop. (New York Post)
3. NYC’s Templafy, a content creation platform for enterprises, has raised $60 million in a Series D financing. Blue Cloud Ventures led the round with participation from Insight Partners, Seed Capital, Dawn Capital and Damgaard Company. The company’s platform helps workers at major enterprises such as KPMG, Ikea and BDO create company-compliant “on-brand” documents. Templafy is one of the Danish startups in NYC. (www.templafy.com) (VentureBeat)
4. NYC’s Gloat, a talent marketplace, has raised $57 million in a Series C funding. Accel led the round and was joined by Eight Roads (Fidelity), Intel Capital, Magma Venture Partners and PICO Partners. Gloat’s AI-powered platform connects employees with internal work and development opportunities including projects, full-time roles and mentoring. (www.gloat.com) (CMS Wire)
5. NYC’s WaitWhat, a podcasting and digital production platform, has raised $12 million in a Series B financing. Raga Partners led the round and was joined by Emerson Collective, Lupa Systems, Capital One Ventures, Maywic Select Investments, GingerBread Capital, Burda Principal Investments, Cue Ball Capital and LinkedIn founder Reid Hoffman. WaitWhat podcasts have been downloaded 70 million times. (www.waitwhat.com) (PR Newswire)
Small Planet partners with the world’s most innovative companies to create inspired apps and websites. Development, UX design, monetization strategies, user acquisition and more. Contact us. (Sponsored Content)
6. NYC’s Sprinklr, a customer-experience platform, raised $380 million in its Initial Public Offering Last Tuesday. The company’s share price closed up 11% on the first day of trading valuing the company at over $4.01 billion. Sprinklr is now trading on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CXM”. (www.sprinklr.com) (MarketWatch)
7. NYC’s Peloton is facing backlash over removing the “Just Run” feature on its Tread+ treadmill. The unannounced over-the-air update forces users to pay a $39.99 monthly membership fee in order to use the treadmill they purchased for $4,000. In response to the customer outcry, Peloton said it would waive three months of membership fees for all Tread+ owners. (www.onepeloton.com) (NBC News)
8. According to the New York Post, NYC helicopter startup Blade had a “phony spokesman for years.” The company now admits that its public relations spokesman Simon McLaren, whose Twitter account describes him as a “Jaded New Yorker,” was actually just a fictional character. Blade plans to soon go public via a merger with a SPAC. (www.blade.com) (New York Post).
9. NYC’s Claroty, an industry cybersecurity platform, has raised $140 million in a Series D funding. Bessemer Venture Partners and 40 North led the round and were joined by LG, I Squared Capital, Team8, Rockwell Automation, Siemens and Schneider Electric. Claroty’s platform is being used by Pfizer to secure its COVID-19 vaccine supply chain. (www.claroty.com) (TechCrunch)
10. Norwalk’s Triax Technologies, a workplace safety and efficiency platform, has raised $12.5 million in a Series A funding. McRock Capital led the round and was joined by Connecticut Innovations. The company’s platform uses IoT technology and data insights to help companies improve workplace safer and more efficient. (www.triaxtec.com) (BusinessWire)
11. NYC’s Boomset, an event management platform, was acquired by London’s Hopin. The financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. Boomset had previously raised a total of only $151,000 from investors. (www.boomset.com) (www.hopin.com) (BusinessWire)
We have special sale pricing on TechNY Daily sponsorship and advertising opportunities. For information, contact: Lauren@techny.nyc
TechNY Recruit Jobs
Job Postings are on sale. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ethena delivers modern, effective workplace eLearning. Our first product, harassment prevention training, focuses on culture change over compliance. Ethena is trusted by some of the most innovative companies including Netflix, Zendesk, Figma, and Medium. We are backed by top-tier investors like GSV, Homebrew, and Neo.
Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Senior Front-End Engineer
Senior Backend Engineer
Lead Product Manager
Growth Marketing and Demand Generation Lead
Mid-Market Account Executive
Slate is a web and mobile product used by some of the top brands in the world to create branded social media content in seconds. Slate has customers from the NFL, NBA, MLB, MLS, EPL as well as some of the largest media, beauty and entertainment brands in the world.
Product Designer, UI/UX
Ceros is looking for a New Business Director to join our team! If you’re not familiar with us, Ceros is a cloud-based platform that empowers over 650 clients the likes of Red Bull, Aon and McKinsey to create interactive digital content without any coding resources.
Remote New Business Director
LeagueApps is the operating system and community for youth and local sports leaders. We power thousands of clubs, tournaments, leagues, camps, and facilities with a platform that reaches more than 10 million participants nationwide.
Stellar Health (new)
Stellar Health is a healthcare technology company that helps providers and health insurance companies improve quality and financial performance by prompting providers and their practice staff with recommended value-based actions and real-time payments at the point of care.
Senior Technical Recruiter
Senior Software Engineer
The Glimpse Group
The Glimpse Group is Virtual & Augmented Reality Software and Services platform company.
Love a good challenge? Try the Hack our bank puzzle! We are building Grist, a next-generation hybrid spreadsheet-database. You’ll find here the unique combination of a small team in early stages of growth, and a well-developed product with great potential and much work ahead.
Ladders is the leading $100K+ professional community. We focus on the careers, professional growth, and office lifestyle of the top 25% of the workforce. With Ladders News, we provide the information and entertainment that our audience needs for lifelong career success, while Ladders Jobs is the largest source for $100K+ jobs in the US and Canada.
SEO Strategist Software Engineer III
Lead Product Designer
Director, Technical Product Management
BrainStation is the global leader in digital skills training and workforce transformation, offering hands-on and outcomes-based courses in subjects such as Web Development, User Experience Design, Data Science and Digital Marketing.
Educator, UX Design
Educator, Data Science
Educator, Web Development
Business Development Representative
Junior Sales Coordinator
Coordinator, Customer Experience
Coordinator, Talent Acquisition
TripleLift is a technology company rooted at the intersection of creative and media. We are an advertising platform where creative fits seamlessly into every experience across desktop, mobile and video. We help make advertising work for everyone. Advertising is important. We didn’t invent advertising, but we are making advertising better.
Senior Software Engineer
Product Manager — OTT Monetization Platform
Capitolis is the leading SaaS platform that drives financial resource optimization for capital markets. More than 50 financial institutions, as well as many hedge funds and asset managers, leverage Capitolis’ technology to bring the best services to market and achieve high levels of return, while using the most appropriate amounts of their financial resources. Backed by world class investors, including Index Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Spark Capital, SVB Capital and S Capital, Capitolis is growing rapidly in our offices in New York, London and Tel Aviv.
Director of Client Services
Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
Director of Demand Generation (NYC)
Adoption Manager (NYC or London)
FX Operations Analyst (NYC or London)
Director of Product Management (NYC)
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform built for innovative e-commerce and retail brands. We raised a $230M Series D in September 2020 and are backed by Sequoia, Bain Capital Ventures, Coatue, and other top investors. Attentive was named #8 on LinkedIn’s 2020 Top Startups list, and has been selected by Forbes as one of America’s Best Startup Employers.
Sales Development Representative
Senior Client Strategy Manager
Director of Client Strategy
Mantra Health is a digital mental health company on a mission to improve access to quality mental healthcare for university students throughout the United States through the marriage of evidence-based therapy and psychiatry with software, data, and design.
Business Development Manager
We are a SaaS solution that makes crypto accounting easy. We are a trusted, blockchain-native technology team that is passionate about digital asset technology. Our team is continuously collaborating and designing new products and initiatives to expand our market presence. Technology and customers are at the center of our universe. We dedicate our energy to learning, building, adapting, and achieving impactful results.
Senior Front End Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Software Test Engineer
Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy.
Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
Manager, Software Engineering
Our mission: To democratize Discovery.
Enterprise Account Executive
A personalized subscription site for pop culture’s biggest fans.
Director of Engineering
Retirement made easy.
Senior Fullstack Engineer
Hyperscience is the automation company that enables data to flow within and between the world’s leading firms in financial services, insurance, healthcare and government markets. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in New York City with offices in Sofia, Bulgaria and London, UK, we’ve raised more than $50 million raised to date and are growing quickly. We welcome anyone who believes in big ideas and demonstrates a willingness to learn, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team and make a difference in our organization and for our customers.
Machine Learning Engineer
Braavo provides on demand funding for mobile apps and games. We offer a flexible and affordable funding alternative to the traditional sources of capital like working with a VC or bank. We’re changing the way mobile entrepreneurs finance and grow their app businesses. Our predictive technology delivers on demand, performance-based funding, without dilution or personal guarantees. By providing non-dilutive, yet scalable alternatives to equity, we’re helping founders retain control of their companies.
Business Development Manager
VP of Marketing
At Yogi, we help companies decipher customer feedback, from ratings and reviews to surveys and support requests. Companies are inundated with feedback, but when it comes to turning this data into actionable business decisions, most companies fall short. That’s where Yogi fits in.
Full Stack Software Engineer
Upper90 is an alternative credit manager based in New York City that has deployed over $500m within 18 months of inception.
Investor Relations Analyst
UpScored is the only career site that uses data science to connect you with jobs suited specifically to you while automatically learning your career interests. Its AI-powered platform decreases job search time by 90%, showing you the jobs you’re most likely to get (and want) in less than 2 minutes.
Senior Frontend Developer
Senior Backend Developer
Frame.io is a video review and collaboration platform designed to unify media assets and creative conversations in a user-friendly environment. Headquartered in New York City, Frame.io was developed by filmmakers, VFX artists and post production executives. Today, we support nearly 1 million media professionals at enterprises including Netflix, Buzzfeed, Turner, NASA & Vice Media.
Frontend Engineering Manager
Sr. Swift Engineer
Lead Product Designer
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile.
Enterprise Sales Director — New York
Postlight is building an extraordinary team that loves to make great digital products — come join us!
Full Stack Engineer
Deliver your job listings directly to 50,000 members of the NYC tech community at an amazingly low cost. Find out how: email@example.com
NYC Tech Industry Virtual Event Calendar
Contact Us for Free Listing of Your Web-based Events
Send us your events to list (it’s Free!) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
TechNY Daily is distributed three times a week to 50,000 members of NYC’s tech and digital media industry.
Connecting the New York Tech Industry
Social Media • Mobile • Digital Media • Big Data • AdTech • App Development • e-Commerce • Games • Analytics • FinTech • Web • Software • UX • Video • Digital Advertising • Content • SaaS • Open Source • Cloud Computing • AI • Web Design • Business Intelligence • Enterprise Software • EduTech • FashionTech • Incubators • Accelerators • Co-Working • TravelTech • Real Estate Tech
Copyright © 2021 TechNY, All rights reserved.