January 13, 2021
TechNY15 Stock Index: 1,648.98 (-14.72)
Keeping Our 50,000 Readers Informed and Connected
1. NYC’s Cockroach Labs, a cloud-native distributed SQL database developer, has raised $160 million in a Series E funding, valuing it at $2 billion. Altimeter Capital led the round and was joined by Greenoaks, Lone Pine, Benchmark, Bond, FirstMark, GV (Google Ventures), Index Ventures and NYC’s Tiger Global. The company’s CockroachDB allows users to “give their data a location” via a geo-distributed SQL database designed to ensure continuity in case of an outage. (www.cockroachlabs.com) (PR Newswire)
2. NYC’s StreetCred, a location data platform, has been acquired by Snap, the parent company of SnapChat. The financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. StreetCred had previously raised $1 million in seed funding from Bowery Capital and Notation Capital. StreetCred will cease operations and four of its employees will join Snap’s location mapping initiative. (www.streetcred.co) (www.snap.com) (TechCrunch)
3. NYC’s Chronosphere, a cloud monitoring platform, has raised $43.4 million in a Series B funding. Investors included venerable Silicon Vally VC firm Greylock Partners, Lux Capital, Lee Fixel and General Atlantic. Based on the open source M3 platform, the company’s product can collect tens of billions of data points about an enterprise IT environment to give insight into potential technical issues. (www.chronosphere.io) (SiliconAngle)
4. NYC’s Lantern, a death planning platform, has raised $1.4 million in a seed round funding. The round was led by Draper Associates. Lantern offers a “how-to” platform for preparing for end-of-life, offering checklists and monitoring to ensure that the vast majority of details are figured out in advance. (www.lantern.co) (TechCrunch)
Small Planet partners with the world’s most innovative companies to create inspired apps and websites. Development, UX design, monetization strategies, user acquisition, and more. Contact us. (Sponsored Content)
5. NYC’s Glia, a digital customer service platform, has raised $78 million in a Series C funding. Insight Partners led the round with Interactive Intelligence also participating. The company’s platform manages customer interaction across whatever digital channel a customer happens to be using. (www.glia.com) (TechCrunch)
6. PPP loan round 2 starts today. A total of $250 billion has been allocated for the new round and smaller businesses (including most NYC tech companies) that did not receive a PPP loan the first time around can begin to apply today (January 11). Companies that did receive one of the original loans can apply for a second PPP loan beginning on Wednesday, January 13. (Fast Company)
7. NYC’s Partake Foods, an allergen-friendly cookie startup, has raised $4.8 million in a Series A funding. Investors included Marcy Venture Partners, FF2032, CircleUp Growth Partners, Black Capital, Seattle Seahawks’ Bobby Wagne and Black Star Fund. Partake Foods offers a range of gluten-free cookies that are free from the eight major allergens, including dairy, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat and soy. (www.partakefoods.com) (Food Business News)
8. NYC’s Economic Development Commission has released a request for proposal (RFP) to partner with a company to recommend proptech startups that the city could roll out to its own real estate portfolio. The deadline for responses is February 5, 2021, and the EDC hopes to have its partner in place to start vetting the startups by late summer. The RFP can be found here. (Commercial Observer)
We have special sale pricing on TechNY Daily sponsorship and advertising opportunities. For information, contact: Lauren@techny.nyc
TechNY Recruit Jobs
Job Postings are on sale. Contact us at email@example.com
Mantra Health (new)
Mantra Health is a digital mental health company on a mission to improve access to quality mental healthcare for university students throughout the United States through the marriage of evidence-based therapy and psychiatry with software, data, and design.
Business Development Manager
We are a SaaS solution that makes crypto accounting easy. We are a trusted, blockchain-native technology team that is passionate about digital asset technology. Our team is continuously collaborating and designing new products and initiatives to expand our market presence. Technology and customers are at the center of our universe. We dedicate our energy to learning, building, adapting, and achieving impactful results.
Customer Success Specialist
Senior Front End Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Software Test Engineer
Third-Party Risk Manager or Director
SaaS and Data Sales Team Leader
Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy.
Director, Account Management
Enterprise Sales Director (Banking and Financial Services)
Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
Manager, Software Engineering
Summer’s mission is to help the 45 million Americans burdened by student debt save time and money through smart, algorithm-based recommendations. Summer combines policy expertise and innovative technology to serve student loan borrowers across the country.
Our mission: To democratize Discovery.
Enterprise Account Executive
A personalized subscription site for pop culture’s biggest fans.
Director of Engineering
Founded by Dave Duffield (founder and former CEO of Workday and PeopleSoft) in 2017, Ridgeline’s goal is to revolutionize technology for the investment management industry. We are building an end-to-end cloud platform on a modern infrastructure using AWS, serverless technologies, which up to this point hasn’t been done in the enterprise space.
Software Engineering Manager, UI
Simon Data is the only enterprise customer data platform with a fully-integrated marketing cloud. Our platform empowers businesses to leverage enterprise-scale big data and machine learning to power customer communications in any channel.
Senior Front-End Engineer
Director, Enterprise Sales
Full Stack Engineer
Retirement made easy.
Senior Fullstack Engineer
Hyperscience is the automation company that enables data to flow within and between the world’s leading firms in financial services, insurance, healthcare and government markets. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in New York City with offices in Sofia, Bulgaria and London, UK, we’ve raised more than $50 million raised to date and are growing quickly. We welcome anyone who believes in big ideas and demonstrates a willingness to learn, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team and make a difference in our organization and for our customers.
Machine Learning Engineer
Senior Security Engineer
Braavo provides on demand funding for mobile apps and games. We offer a flexible and affordable funding alternative to the traditional sources of capital like working with a VC or bank. We’re changing the way mobile entrepreneurs finance and grow their app businesses. Our predictive technology delivers on demand, performance-based funding, without dilution or personal guarantees. By providing non-dilutive, yet scalable alternatives to equity, we’re helping founders retain control of their companies.
Business Development Manager
VP of Marketing
Head of Sales
At Yogi, we help companies decipher customer feedback, from ratings and reviews to surveys and support requests. Companies are inundated with feedback, but when it comes to turning this data into actionable business decisions, most companies fall short. That’s where Yogi fits in.
Full Stack Software Engineer
We’re passionate marketers, engineers and innovators building the technology to power the future of commerce. We’re a B2B2C SaaS platform helping the world’s most interesting retailers and direct-to-consumer brands remove friction from the customer experience to deliver recurring revenue through subscriptions programs — shifting their consumer interactions from one-and-done transactions to long-lived, highly profitable relationships.
Upper90 is an alternative credit manager based in New York City that has deployed over $500m within 18 months of inception.
Investor Relations Analyst
UpScored is the only career site that uses data science to connect you with jobs suited specifically to you while automatically learning your career interests. Its AI-powered platform decreases job search time by 90%, showing you the jobs you’re most likely to get (and want) in less than 2 minutes.
Senior Frontend Developer
Senior Backend Developer
Frame.io is a video review and collaboration platform designed to unify media assets and creative conversations in a user-friendly environment. Headquartered in New York City, Frame.io was developed by filmmakers, VFX artists and post production executives. Today, we support nearly 1 million media professionals at enterprises including Netflix, Buzzfeed, Turner, NASA & Vice Media.
Frontend Engineering Manager
Sr. Swift Engineer
Lead Product Designer
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform built for innovative e-commerce and retail brands. We raised a $230M Series D in September 2020 and are backed by Sequoia, Bain Capital Ventures, Coatue, and other top investors. Attentive was named #8 on LinkedIn’s 2020 Top Startups list, and has been selected by Forbes as one of America’s Best Startup Employers.
Enterprise Account Executive
Sales Development Representative
Senior Client Strategy Manager
Director of Client Strategy
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile.
Enterprise Sales Director — New York
Postlight is building an extraordinary team that loves to make great digital products — come join us!
Full Stack Engineer
Deliver your job listings directly to 48,000 members of the NYC tech community at an amazingly low cost. Find out how: firstname.lastname@example.org
NYC Tech Industry Virtual Event Calendar
January 14, 2021
Galvanize NYC: Data Science Demo Day
Contact Us for Free Listing of Your Web-based Events
Send us your events to list (it’s Free!) to: email@example.com
TechNY Daily is distributed three times a week to 50,000 members of NYC’s tech and digital media industry.
Connecting the New York Tech Industry
Social Media • Mobile • Digital Media • Big Data • AdTech • App Development • e-Commerce • Games • Analytics • FinTech • Web • Software • UX • Video • Digital Advertising • Content • SaaS • Open Source • Cloud Computing • AI • Web Design • Business Intelligence • Enterprise Software • EduTech • FashionTech • Incubators • Accelerators • Co-Working • TravelTech • Real Estate Tech
Copyright © 2021 TechNY, All rights reserved.