December 14, 2020
TechNY15 Stock Index: 1,516.82 (+30.59) (record high)
Keeping the NYC Tech Industry Informed and Connected
1. NYC’s Beyond Identity, a passwordless identity management platform, has raised $75 million in a Series B funding. Investors included NEA, Netscape founder Jim Clark and Koch Disruptive Technologies. The company seeks to replace passwords “with fundamentally secure” X.509-based certificates. (www.beyondidentity.com) (VentureBeat)
2. NYC’s Ro, a healthcare technology company, has acquired Workpath, a Richmond, Va.-based platform for healthcare companies. The financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. Workpath’s platform, which coordinates on-demand, in-home care and diagnostic services, will remain a standalone platform but will also be integrated with Ro’s three digital healthcare clinics and pharmacy. (www.ro.co) (www.workpath.co) (Press Release)
3. Brooklyn’s Gotham Greens, an operator of tech-enabled greenhouses, has raised $42 million in a Series D funding. Manna Tree led the round and was joined by investors including The Silverman Group. The company also raised $45 million more in a debt round. Gotham Greens’ eight greenhouses, including facilities in Gowanus, Greenpoint and Jamaica, Queens, sell 35 million heads of lettuce annually to retailers such as Whole Foods. (www.gothamgreens.com) (Forbes)
4. Long Island’s Soil Connect, an online dirt marketplace for the construction industry, has raised $3.3 million in seed funding. TIA Ventures and Heartland Ventures led the round and were joined by CEMEX Ventures, Great Oaks Venture Capital, Situs Real Estate, Altmark Group, AB Investment Group, J.G. Pertucci Company and Bazella Contracting. The company aims to eliminate the high costs and inefficiencies associated with the transport and management of soil. (www.soilconnect.com) (BusinessWire)
Small Planet partners with the world’s most innovative companies to create inspired apps and websites. Development, UX design, monetization strategies, user acquisition, and more. Contact us. (Sponsored Content)
5. NYC’s GoHenry, a pre-paid card and finance app for 6–18 year olds, has raised $40 million in a venture funding round. Princeton’s Edison Partners led the round with participation by Gaia Capital Partners, Citi Ventures and Muse Capital. The company now has 1.2 million members — which includes both parents and children — and has doubled its customer base annually for the last six years.(www.gohenry.com) (TechCrunch)
6. Car-sharing startup Turo is returning to New York. Seven years ago, the company left New York, its largest market, after a dispute with insurance regulators. Starting in January, small independent car rental companies will be able to list rentals on the Turo website and app. (www.turo.com) (Insurance Journal)
7. NYC’s Supergreat, an app for beauty enthusiasts, has raised $6.5 million in a Series A funding. Benchmark led the round and was joined by NYC’s Thrive Capital, TQ Ventures, K5 Global, Shrug Capital, Hannah Bronfman and Rent the Runway co-founder Jenny Fleiss. The community-based Supergreat app allows users to review, shop, and share tips on their favorite products. (www.supergreat.com) (BusinessWire)
8. NYC’s Welcome, an HR software developer, has raised $6 million in a seed funding. FirstMark Capital led the round. The company’s platform is designed to help organizations close candidate offers by providing a clear picture of compensation, particularly around equity. (www.heywelcome.com) (TechCrunch)
We have special sale pricing on TechNY Daily sponsorship and advertising opportunities. For information, contact: Lauren@techny.nyc
TechNY Recruit Jobs
Job Postings are on sale. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a SaaS solution that makes crypto accounting easy. We are a trusted, blockchain-native technology team that is passionate about digital asset technology. Our team is continuously collaborating and designing new products and initiatives to expand our market presence. Technology and customers are at the center of our universe. We dedicate our energy to learning, building, adapting, and achieving impactful results.
Customer Success Specialist
Senior Front End Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Software Test Engineer
Third-Party Risk Manager or Director
SaaS and Data Sales Team Leader
Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy.
Director, Account Management
Enterprise Sales Director (Banking and Financial Services)
Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
Manager, Software Engineering
Awarded for four consecutive years as one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in NYC, LiveAuctioneers is the largest online marketplace for one-of-a-kind items, rare collectibles, and coveted goods.
Product Marketing Manager
Senior Marketing Manager
Summer’s mission is to help the 45 million Americans burdened by student debt save time and money through smart, algorithm-based recommendations. Summer combines policy expertise and innovative technology to serve student loan borrowers across the country.
Our mission: To democratize Discovery.
Enterprise Account Executive
A personalized subscription site for pop culture’s biggest fans.
Director of Engineering
Founded by Dave Duffield (founder and former CEO of Workday and PeopleSoft) in 2017, Ridgeline’s goal is to revolutionize technology for the investment management industry. We are building an end-to-end cloud platform on a modern infrastructure using AWS, serverless technologies, which up to this point hasn’t been done in the enterprise space.
Software Engineering Manager, UI
Simon Data is the only enterprise customer data platform with a fully-integrated marketing cloud. Our platform empowers businesses to leverage enterprise-scale big data and machine learning to power customer communications in any channel.
Senior Front-End Engineer
Director, Enterprise Sales
Full Stack Engineer
Retirement made easy.
Senior Fullstack Engineer
Package Free is on a mission to make the world less trashy though offering products that help you reduce waste daily. We source our products from individuals and brands with missions to create a positive environmental impact and since launching, have diverted over 100 million pieces of trash from landfills.
Head of Operations
Hyperscience is the automation company that enables data to flow within and between the world’s leading firms in financial services, insurance, healthcare and government markets. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in New York City with offices in Sofia, Bulgaria and London, UK, we’ve raised more than $50 million raised to date and are growing quickly. We welcome anyone who believes in big ideas and demonstrates a willingness to learn, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team and make a difference in our organization and for our customers.
Machine Learning Engineer
Senior Security Engineer
Braavo provides on demand funding for mobile apps and games. We offer a flexible and affordable funding alternative to the traditional sources of capital like working with a VC or bank. We’re changing the way mobile entrepreneurs finance and grow their app businesses. Our predictive technology delivers on demand, performance-based funding, without dilution or personal guarantees. By providing non-dilutive, yet scalable alternatives to equity, we’re helping founders retain control of their companies.
Business Development Manager
VP of Marketing
Head of Sales
At Yogi, we help companies decipher customer feedback, from ratings and reviews to surveys and support requests. Companies are inundated with feedback, but when it comes to turning this data into actionable business decisions, most companies fall short. That’s where Yogi fits in.
Full Stack Software Engineer
We’re passionate marketers, engineers and innovators building the technology to power the future of commerce. We’re a B2B2C SaaS platform helping the world’s most interesting retailers and direct-to-consumer brands remove friction from the customer experience to deliver recurring revenue through subscriptions programs — shifting their consumer interactions from one-and-done transactions to long-lived, highly profitable relationships.
Upper90 is an alternative credit manager based in New York City that has deployed over $500m within 18 months of inception.
Investor Relations Analyst
UpScored is the only career site that uses data science to connect you with jobs suited specifically to you while automatically learning your career interests. Its AI-powered platform decreases job search time by 90%, showing you the jobs you’re most likely to get (and want) in less than 2 minutes.
Senior Frontend Developer
Senior Backend Developer
Frame.io is a video review and collaboration platform designed to unify media assets and creative conversations in a user-friendly environment. Headquartered in New York City, Frame.io was developed by filmmakers, VFX artists and post production executives. Today, we support nearly 1 million media professionals at enterprises including Netflix, Buzzfeed, Turner, NASA & Vice Media.
Frontend Engineering Manager
Sr. Swift Engineer
Lead Product Designer
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform built for innovative e-commerce and retail brands. We raised a $230M Series D in September 2020 and are backed by Sequoia, Bain Capital Ventures, Coatue, and other top investors. Attentive was named #8 on LinkedIn’s 2020 Top Startups list, and has been selected by Forbes as one of America’s Best Startup Employers.
Enterprise Account Executive
Sales Development Representative
Senior Client Strategy Manager
Director of Client Strategy
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile.
Enterprise Sales Director — New York
Postlight is building an extraordinary team that loves to make great digital products — come join us!
Full Stack Engineer
Deliver your job listings directly to 48,000 members of the NYC tech community at an amazingly low cost. Find out how: email@example.com
NYC Tech Industry Virtual Event Calendar
Fundraising 201: How to Raise a Seed Round Efficiently
Hosted by Startup Grind
Rise Refresh: Remote Selling with Winning by Design
Hosted by Rise New York
Contact Us for Free Listing of Your Web-based Events
Send us your events to list (it’s Free!) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
TechNY Daily is distributed three times a week to 48,000 members of NYC’s tech and digital media industry.
Connecting the New York Tech Industry
Social Media • Mobile • Digital Media • Big Data • AdTech • App Development • e-Commerce • Games • Analytics • FinTech • Web • Software • UX • Video • Digital Advertising • Content • SaaS • Open Source • Cloud Computing • AI • Web Design • Business Intelligence • Enterprise Software • EduTech • FashionTech • Incubators • Accelerators • Co-Working • TravelTech • Real Estate Tech
Copyright © 2020 TechNY, All rights reserved.