July 27, 2021
TechNY15 Stock Index: 1,483.97 (-5.28) (-0.4%)
Keeping the NYC Tech Industry Informed
1. NYC’s Outbrain, a content recommendation platform, raised $160 million in its initial pubic offering last Thursday. The stock closed at $20.99 a share on its first day of trading valuing the company at $1.25 billion. Outbrain now trades on the Nasdaq under the symbol “OB”. (www.outbrain.com) (VentureBeat)
2. NYC’s JOKR, a grocery delivery startup, has raised $170 million in a Series A funding. GGV Capital, Balderton Capital and NYC’s Tiger Global Management led the round and were joined by Activant Capital, NYC’s Greycroft, FJ Labs, Kaszek, and Monashees. The company plans to offer 15 minute delivery by turning as many as 100 NYC storefront locations into micro-fulfillment centers.(www.jokr.it) (TechCrunch)
3. Intel Corp’s autonomous driving division Mobileye is testing its self-driving technology on the streets of NYC. The company received a testing permit after supplying data from self-driving programs in other cities. The test cars have a human standby driver behind the wheel. You can watch a video of an autonomous drive around Manhattan here. (Future Car)
4. The New York Post reported on NYC’s Barstool Sports’ efforts to provide financial support to NYC restaurants during the pandemic. In exchange for the support, the restaurants are required to keep their staff and stay up-to-date with rent and payroll. Among the 25 NYC restaurants which have received from $5,000 to $60,000 are Jackbar in Williamsburg, Kirvens in The Bronx, Eagle Pickle Works in Queens and Portobello Cafe in Staten Island. (www.barstoolsports.com) (New York Post)
5. NYC’s Vestwell, a platform which empowers workplace savings and investing programs, has raised $70 million in a Series C funding. Wells Fargo Strategic Capital and Fin Venture Capital co-led the round, and were joined by Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Manulife, Point72, Nationwide Ventures, Allianz Life Ventures, Northwestern Mutual, FinTech Collective, Greenspring Associates, NYC’s Primary Venture Partners, Teamworthy Ventures, F-Prime Capital, Industry Ventures and Commerce Ventures. Vestwell’s platform provides digital recordkeeping for 401(k) and 403(b) plans. (www.vestwell.com) (PR Newswire)
6. NYC’s Quit Genius, a digital treatment platform for addictions, has raised $64 million in a Series B funding round. The round was co-led by Kinnevik and Atomico with participation from Octopus Ventures, Triple Point Ventures and Startup Health. The company offers treatment programs for tobacco, alcohol and opioid addictions utilizing virtual cognitive behavioral therapy, medication, coaching and a connected breath sensor. Quit Genius is one of the U.K startups in NYC. (www.quitgenius.com) (MobiHealth News)
Small Planet partners with the world’s most innovative companies to create inspired apps and websites. Development, UX design, monetization strategies, user acquisition and more. Contact us. (Sponsored Content)
7. Apple is delaying its return to the office policy until October at the earliest. The change applies to all of its offices, including those in New York, California and Texas. Last month, CEO Tim Cook said employees would return to the office three days a week beginning in September, with the option to work remotely up to two weeks a year. (New York Times)
8. NYC’s Tilting Point, a free-to-play game publisher, has raised $235 million in a venture financing. General Atlantic led the round and was joined by Red Ventures and Kamerra. Tilting Point typically engages with game developers by providing them with user-acquisition budgets and shares the proceeds from the growth. (www.tiltingpoint.com) (VentureBeat)
9. NYC’s Updater, an end to end moving platform, has acquired Seattle’s Dolly, a platform that coordinates same day delivery of bulky items. The financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. A quarter of U.S. household moves are facilitated using one of Updater’s products. (www.updater.com) (www.dolly.com) (TechCrunch)
10. NYC’s Entera, a single-family home real estate data platform, has raised $32 million in a Series A funding. Goldman Sachs Asset Management led the round, and was joined by Bullpen Capital, Craft Ventures and Valuestream Ventures. Entera’s platform lets investors analyze property records to find homes that match their purchase criteria. (www.entera.ai) (The Real Deal)
11. NYC’s Morty, an online mortgage platform, has raised $25 million in a Series B funding. March Capital led the round and was joined by Rethink Impact, NYC’s Thrive Capital, NYC’s Lerer Hippeau, Prudence Holdings, FJ Labs and NYC’s Metaprop. Morty, which is operating in 36 states plus Washington, D.C., creates a simple, transparent process giving users access to their best mortgage options. (www.himorty.com) (PRNewswire)
We have special sale pricing on TechNY Daily sponsorship and advertising opportunities. For information, contact: Lauren@techny.nyc
TechNY Recruit Jobs
Job Postings are on sale. Contact us at email@example.com
Yotpo is a leading eCommerce marketing platform on a mission to help brands of all sizes accelerate their growth through exceptional customer experiences. Yotpo secured a $230 million fundraising round in March (you can call us a unicorn our valuation is now $1.4 billion), and our primary goal is to deliver the best technology in the industry.
Customer Success Manager
Strategic Client Success Manager
Product Marketing Manager
Director of Employer Branding
Director of CS
SMS Account Director
Strategic SMS Account Director
Partner Marketing Manager
Sales Operations Manager
LeafLink is the cannabis industry’s standard wholesale ordering platform and the largest B2B marketplace connecting licensed cannabis brands and retailers across the country.
Brand & Content Marketing Director
Senior Regional Marketing Manager
Senior Product Marketing Manager
Senior Growth Marketing Manager
Ethena delivers modern, effective workplace eLearning. Our first product, harassment prevention training, focuses on culture change over compliance. Ethena is trusted by some of the most innovative companies including Netflix, Zendesk, Figma, and Medium. We are backed by top-tier investors like GSV, Homebrew, and Neo.
Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Senior Front-End Engineer
Senior Backend Engineer
Lead Product Manager
Growth Marketing and Demand Generation Lead
Mid-Market Account Executive
Slate is a web and mobile product used by some of the top brands in the world to create branded social media content in seconds. Slate has customers from the NFL, NBA, MLB, MLS, EPL as well as some of the largest media, beauty and entertainment brands in the world.
Product Designer, UI/UX
Ceros is looking for a New Business Director to join our team! If you’re not familiar with us, Ceros is a cloud-based platform that empowers over 650 clients the likes of Red Bull, Aon and McKinsey to create interactive digital content without any coding resources.
Remote New Business Director
LeagueApps is the operating system and community for youth and local sports leaders. We power thousands of clubs, tournaments, leagues, camps, and facilities with a platform that reaches more than 10 million participants nationwide.
Stellar Health (new)
Stellar Health is a healthcare technology company that helps providers and health insurance companies improve quality and financial performance by prompting providers and their practice staff with recommended value-based actions and real-time payments at the point of care.
Senior Technical Recruiter
Senior Software Engineer
Love a good challenge? Try the Hack our bank puzzle! We are building Grist, a next-generation hybrid spreadsheet-database. You’ll find here the unique combination of a small team in early stages of growth, and a well-developed product with great potential and much work ahead.
Ladders is the leading $100K+ professional community. We focus on the careers, professional growth, and office lifestyle of the top 25% of the workforce. With Ladders News, we provide the information and entertainment that our audience needs for lifelong career success, while Ladders Jobs is the largest source for $100K+ jobs in the US and Canada.
SEO Strategist Software Engineer III
Lead Product Designer
Director, Technical Product Management
BrainStation is the global leader in digital skills training and workforce transformation, offering hands-on and outcomes-based courses in subjects such as Web Development, User Experience Design, Data Science and Digital Marketing.
Educator, UX Design
Educator, Data Science
Educator, Web Development
Business Development Representative
Junior Sales Coordinator
Coordinator, Customer Experience
Coordinator, Talent Acquisition
TripleLift is a technology company rooted at the intersection of creative and media. We are an advertising platform where creative fits seamlessly into every experience across desktop, mobile and video. We help make advertising work for everyone. Advertising is important. We didn’t invent advertising, but we are making advertising better.
Senior Software Engineer
Product Manager — OTT Monetization Platform
Capitolis is the leading SaaS platform that drives financial resource optimization for capital markets. More than 50 financial institutions, as well as many hedge funds and asset managers, leverage Capitolis’ technology to bring the best services to market and achieve high levels of return, while using the most appropriate amounts of their financial resources. Backed by world class investors, including Index Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Spark Capital, SVB Capital and S Capital, Capitolis is growing rapidly in our offices in New York, London and Tel Aviv.
Director of Client Services
Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
Director of Demand Generation (NYC)
Adoption Manager (NYC or London)
FX Operations Analyst (NYC or London)
Director of Product Management (NYC)
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. We work with 3,500+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box.
Sales Development Representative
Senior Client Strategy Manager
Director of Client Strategy
Mantra Health is a digital mental health company on a mission to improve access to quality mental healthcare for university students throughout the United States through the marriage of evidence-based therapy and psychiatry with software, data, and design.
Business Development Manager
We are a SaaS solution that makes crypto accounting easy. We are a trusted, blockchain-native technology team that is passionate about digital asset technology. Our team is continuously collaborating and designing new products and initiatives to expand our market presence. Technology and customers are at the center of our universe. We dedicate our energy to learning, building, adapting, and achieving impactful results.
Senior Front End Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Software Test Engineer
Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy.
Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
Manager, Software Engineering
Our mission: To democratize Discovery.
Enterprise Account Executive
A personalized subscription site for pop culture’s biggest fans.
Director of Engineering
Retirement made easy.
Senior Fullstack Engineer
Hyperscience is the automation company that enables data to flow within and between the world’s leading firms in financial services, insurance, healthcare and government markets. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in New York City with offices in Sofia, Bulgaria and London, UK, we’ve raised more than $50 million raised to date and are growing quickly. We welcome anyone who believes in big ideas and demonstrates a willingness to learn, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team and make a difference in our organization and for our customers.
Machine Learning Engineer
Braavo provides on demand funding for mobile apps and games. We offer a flexible and affordable funding alternative to the traditional sources of capital like working with a VC or bank. We’re changing the way mobile entrepreneurs finance and grow their app businesses. Our predictive technology delivers on demand, performance-based funding, without dilution or personal guarantees. By providing non-dilutive, yet scalable alternatives to equity, we’re helping founders retain control of their companies.
Business Development Manager
VP of Marketing
At Yogi, we help companies decipher customer feedback, from ratings and reviews to surveys and support requests. Companies are inundated with feedback, but when it comes to turning this data into actionable business decisions, most companies fall short. That’s where Yogi fits in.
Full Stack Software Engineer
Upper90 is an alternative credit manager based in New York City that has deployed over $500m within 18 months of inception.
Investor Relations Analyst
UpScored is the only career site that uses data science to connect you with jobs suited specifically to you while automatically learning your career interests. Its AI-powered platform decreases job search time by 90%, showing you the jobs you’re most likely to get (and want) in less than 2 minutes.
Senior Frontend Developer
Senior Backend Developer
Frame.io is a video review and collaboration platform designed to unify media assets and creative conversations in a user-friendly environment. Headquartered in New York City, Frame.io was developed by filmmakers, VFX artists and post production executives. Today, we support nearly 1 million media professionals at enterprises including Netflix, Buzzfeed, Turner, NASA & Vice Media.
Frontend Engineering Manager
Sr. Swift Engineer
Lead Product Designer
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile.
Enterprise Sales Director — New York
Postlight is building an extraordinary team that loves to make great digital products — come join us!
Full Stack Engineer
Deliver your job listings directly to 50,000 members of the NYC tech community at an amazingly low cost. Find out how: firstname.lastname@example.org
NYC Tech Industry Virtual Event Calendar
Contact Us for Free Listing of Your Web-based Events
Send us your events to list (it’s Free!) to: email@example.com
TechNY Daily is distributed three times a week to 50,000 members of NYC’s tech and digital media industry.
Connecting the New York Tech Industry
Social Media • Mobile • Digital Media • Big Data • AdTech • App Development • e-Commerce • Games • Analytics • FinTech • Web • Software • UX • Video • Digital Advertising • Content • SaaS • Open Source • Cloud Computing • AI • Web Design • Business Intelligence • Enterprise Software • EduTech • FashionTech • Incubators • Accelerators • Co-Working • TravelTech • Real Estate Tech
Copyright © 2021 TechNY, All rights reserved.