October 7, 2020
TechNY15 Stock Index:1,274.40 (+40.40)
Keeping the NYC Tech Industry Informed and Connected
1. NYC’s Petal, which uses a holistic underwriting model to qualify consumers for its credit card, has raised $55 million in a Series C funding. Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures led the round and was joined Rosecliff Ventures, Afore Capital, RiverPark Ventures, Great Oaks Venture Capital, GR Capital, Nelstone Ventures, Abstract Ventures, Ride Ventures, The Gramercy Fund, Adventure Collective, Starta Ventures and NFL player Kelvin Beachum, Jr. Petal looks at the cash flow of potential borrowers rather than credit scores to assess creditworthiness. (www.petalcard.com) (TechCrunch)
2. NYC’s SeamlessDocs, a form automation platform for governments, has been acquired by Dallas’s Kofile, a digital transformation platform for local governments. The financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. SeamlessDocs had previously raised $19.2 million from investors including The CAPROCK Group, SJF Ventures, New York State, Motorola Solutions, Kernel Capital, Govtech Fund and 1776 Ventures. (www.seamlessdocs.com) (www.kofile.us) (AccessWire)
3. NYC’s Begin, developer of early learning program HOMER, has raised $50 million in a Series C funding. Investors in the round included LEGO Ventures, Sesame Workshop, 3One4 Capital, Trustbridge Partners and Interlock Partners. Since the start of the pandemic, the company has seen a 280% increase in subscriptions compared to the same period last year. (www.beginlearning.com) (TechCrunch)
4. NYC’s Buzzer, a mobile platform for live sports, has raised $4 million in a seed funding. NYC’s Lerer Hippeau and Sapphire Sport led the round and were joined by R&R Venture Partners and Imagination Capital. The company’s platform sends real-time, personalized notifications to help fans watch their favorite teams live. (www.buzzer.com) (PR Newswire)
Small Planet partners with the world’s most innovative companies to create inspired apps and websites. Development, UX design, monetization strategies, user acquisition, and more. Contact us. (Sponsored)
5. NYC’s ButterflyMX, a developer of smart intercoms for apartment buildings, has raised $35 million in a growth round financing. Volition Capital led the round and was joined by Egis Capital, RiverPark Ventures and Stifel Financial Corporation. The company’s platform uses smartphones to let residents grant building access to visitors without using keys or fobs. (www.butterlymx.com) (The Real Deal)
6. Elmsford-based Seeqc, a quantum computing startup, has raised $22.4 million in a Series A funding. EQT Ventures led the round, with participation from M Ventures, the venture capital arm of Merck, and Swedish private equity firm FAM AB. Seeqc is developing an application specific quantum computing system based on a hybrid architecture that combines quantum processors with classical computers. (www.seeqc.com) (SilconAngle)
7. NYC’s Rally, a fractional investing platform for alternatives investments such as luxury cars, has raised $17 million in a Series B financings. Investors included Upfront Ventures, Porsche Ventures, Raptor Group, Global Brain, Relay Ventures and Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian. The company’s platform allows small investors to buy equity shares of collector items such as luxury cars, wine, sports memorabilia, comic books and watches. (www.rallyrd.com) (TechCrunch)
8. Norwalk’s Datto, a provider of cloud-based data backup, has filed to raise $100 million in an IPO. The company has previously raised $100 million from General Catalyst and TCV. Datto posted revenue of $458.8 million and a loss of $31.2 million in 2019. (www.datto.com) (CRN)
We have special sale pricing on TechNY Daily sponsorship and advertising opportunities. For information, contact: Lauren@techny.nyc
TechNY Recruit Jobs
Job Postings are on sale. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy.
Director, Account Management
Enterprise Sales Director (Banking and Financial Services)
Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
Manager, Software Engineering
Awarded for four consecutive years as one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in NYC, LiveAuctioneers is the largest online marketplace for one-of-a-kind items, rare collectibles, and coveted goods.
Product Marketing Manager
Senior Marketing Manager
We are a SaaS solution that makes crypto accounting easy. We are a trusted, blockchain-native technology team that is passionate about digital asset technology. Our team is continuously collaborating and designing new products and initiatives to expand our market presence. Technology and customers are at the center of our universe. We dedicate our energy to learning, building, adapting, and achieving impactful results.
Customer Success Specialist
Third Party Risk Manager or Director
Sales Proposal Manager
Great Jones brings ease and performance to rental ownership and living, starting by reinventing property management for the several trillion (!) dollars in rental homes owned by small-scale investors.
Summer’s mission is to help the 45 million Americans burdened by student debt save time and money through smart, algorithm-based recommendations. Summer combines policy expertise and innovative technology to serve student loan borrowers across the country.
Our mission: To democratize Discovery.
Enterprise Account Executive
A personalized subscription site for pop culture’s biggest fans.
Director of Engineering
Founded by Dave Duffield (founder and former CEO of Workday and PeopleSoft) in 2017, Ridgeline’s goal is to revolutionize technology for the investment management industry. We are building an end-to-end cloud platform on a modern infrastructure using AWS, serverless technologies, which up to this point hasn’t been done in the enterprise space.
Software Engineering Manager, UI
Simon Data is the only enterprise customer data platform with a fully-integrated marketing cloud. Our platform empowers businesses to leverage enterprise-scale big data and machine learning to power customer communications in any channel.
Senior Front-End Engineer
Director, Enterprise Sales
Full Stack Engineer
Retirement made easy.
Senior Fullstack Engineer
Package Free is on a mission to make the world less trashy though offering products that help you reduce waste daily. We source our products from individuals and brands with missions to create a positive environmental impact and since launching, have diverted over 100 million pieces of trash from landfills.
Director of Growth Marketing, Brooklyn NY
Hyperscience is the automation company that enables data to flow within and between the world’s leading firms in financial services, insurance, healthcare and government markets. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in New York City with offices in Sofia, Bulgaria and London, UK, we’ve raised more than $50 million raised to date and are growing quickly. We welcome anyone who believes in big ideas and demonstrates a willingness to learn, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team and make a difference in our organization and for our customers.
Machine Learning Engineer
Senior Security Engineer
Braavo provides on demand funding for mobile apps and games. We offer a flexible and affordable funding alternative to the traditional sources of capital like working with a VC or bank. We’re changing the way mobile entrepreneurs finance and grow their app businesses. Our predictive technology delivers on demand, performance-based funding, without dilution or personal guarantees. By providing non-dilutive, yet scalable alternatives to equity, we’re helping founders retain control of their companies.
Business Development Manager
VP of Marketing
Head of Sales
At Yogi, we help companies decipher customer feedback, from ratings and reviews to surveys and support requests. Companies are inundated with feedback, but when it comes to turning this data into actionable business decisions, most companies fall short. That’s where Yogi fits in.
Full Stack Software Engineer
We’re passionate marketers, engineers and innovators building the technology to power the future of commerce. We’re a B2B2 SaaS platform helping the world’s most interesting retailers and direct-to-consumer brands remove friction from the customer experience to deliver recurring revenue through subscriptions programs — shifting their consumer interactions from one-and-done transactions to long-lived, highly profitable relationships.
Upper90 is an alternative credit manager based in New York City that has deployed over $500m within 18 months of inception.
Investor Relations Analyst
UpScored is the only career site that uses data science to connect you with jobs suited specifically to you while automatically learning your career interests. Its AI-powered platform decreases job search time by 90%, showing you the jobs you’re most likely to get (and want) in less than 2 minutes.
Senior Frontend Developer
Senior Backend Developer
Frame.io is a video review and collaboration platform designed to unify media assets and creative conversations in a user-friendly environment. Headquartered in New York City, Frame.io was developed by filmmakers, VFX artists and post production executives. Today, we support nearly 1 million media professionals at enterprises including Netflix, Buzzfeed, Turner, NASA & Vice Media.
Frontend Engineering Manager
Sr. Swift Engineer
Lead Product Designer
Attentive is a personalized mobile messaging platform built for innovative e-commerce and retail brands. We just raised $40M from Sequoia Capital to build a lot of great products.
Enterprise Account Executive
Sales Development Representative
Senior Client Strategy Manager
Director of Client Strategy
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile.
Enterprise Sales Director — New York
Postlight is building an extraordinary team that loves to make great digital products — come join us!
Full Stack Engineer
Deliver your job listings directly to 48,000 members of the NYC tech community at an amazingly low cost. Find out how: email@example.com
NYC Tech Industry Virtual Event Calendar
Contact Us for Free Listing of Your Web-based Events
Building the Modern Revenue Team: Scaling the SDR Function.
Bridge Executive Series
Hosted by Josh Silverman, Etsy CEO (4:30PM)
Rise Presents: FinTech Across the Globe
Send us your events to list (it’s Free!) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
TechNY Daily is distributed three times a week to 48,000 members of NYC’s tech and digital media industry.
Connecting the New York Tech Industry
Social Media • Mobile • Digital Media • Big Data • AdTech • App Development • e-Commerce • Games • Analytics • FinTech • Web • Software • UX • Video • Digital Advertising • Content • SaaS • Open Source • Cloud Computing • AI • Web Design • Business Intelligence • Enterprise Software • EduTech • FashionTech • Incubators • Accelerators • Co-Working • TravelTech • Real Estate Tech
Copyright © 2020 TechNY, All rights reserved.