1. NYC’s Hyperscience, a process automation platform, has raised $100 million in a Series E funding. The round was led by Global Founders Capital, NYC’s Tiger Global, Stripes and Bessemer Venture Partners. The company’s platform automates business processes such as claims processing and loan origination. (www.hyperscience.com) (Business Wire)
2. NYC’s CARTO, a cloud native spatial analysis platform, has raised $61 million in a Series C funding. The round was led by NYC’s Insight Partners and joined by European Investment Fund, Accel, Salesforce Ventures, Hearst Ventures, Earlybird and Kibo. CARTO enables an end-to-end analytics workflow on location data, directly on top of the major cloud data warehouses. (www.carto.com) (PR Newswire)
3. Ophelia, a digital provider of medication-assisted treatment for opioid use disorder, has raised $50 million in a Series B funding. NYC’s Tiger Global Management led the round and was joined by Menlo Ventures, General Catalyst, Refactor Capital, 640 Oxford Ventures, Interplay Ventures and Good Friends (the fund launched by the founders of Warby Parker, Harry’s and Allbirds). Ophelia’s Care Model creates treatment opportunities for the 50,000+ licensed MAT clinicians who previously had no way of treating patients. (www.ophelia.com) (GlobeNewswire)
4. The New York Post profiles NYC umbrella sharing startup Rentbrella. The company currently has 35 kiosks in Manhattan and Brooklyn which allow users to scan a code to rent an umbrella free for the first 24 hours. In 2016, a similar concept was ridiculed on Shark Tank by Kevin O’Leary who called it “maybe the worst idea I’ve ever heard.” (www.rentbrella.com) (New York Post)
5. Simply Flying takes a look at one of NYC’s original startups — New York Air. The startup airline launched in 1980 to compete in the lucrative LGA to Boston and Washington DC shuttle market. In 1987, New York Air was merged into Continental. (Simple Flying)
Small Planet offers on-demand teams that allow you to scale rapidly and accelerate delivery timelines. Our developers and designers can onboard quickly to help you build out iOS, Android, Full Stack, and Shopify products. Do you have short-term or project-specific needs? Contact us.
6. NYC’s Cockroach Labs, developer of a cloud-native distributed SQL database, has raised $278 million in a Series F funding, valuing it at $5 billion. Greenoaks led the round and was joined by Altimeter, BOND, Benchmark, Coatue, FirstMark, GV (Google Ventures), Index Ventures, Lone Pine Capital, Redpoint and NYC’s Tiger Global. The CockroachDB database allows users to “give their data a location” via a geo-distributed SQL database designed to ensure continuity in case of an outage. (www.cockroachlabs.com) (TechCrunch)
7. NYC’s Papaya, a mobile bill payment app, has raised $50 million in a Series B funding. The round was led by Bessemer Venture Partners and joined by Sequoia Capital, Acrew Capital, 01 Advisors, Mucker Capital, Fika Ventures, F-Prime and Sound Ventures. Papaya lets users take a photo of any bill and then the company instantly takes care of the rest, (www.papayapay.com) (Businesswire)
8. NYC’s Gympass has acquired Seattle’s Trainiac, a 1-on-1 online personal training app. The financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. Through Trainiac, Gympass users will be paired with a certified coach to build a custom fitness program to be delivered in the app. (www.gympass.com) (Businesswire)
9. NYC’s Spatial, a holographic meeting platform, has raised $25 million in a Series B funding. Investors in the round included Pine Venture Partners, Maven Growth Partners, Korea Investment Partners and KB Investment. Spacial is pivoting its business to NFTs and its new Genesis platform gives digital creators the opportunity to participate in a limited-edition NFT environment and “own a piece of the metaverse.” (www.spatial.io) (Observer)
10. NYC’s Authoritive, a marketing platform for experts and creators, has raised $5 million in a seed funding. The round was led by Owl Ventures and joined by Guardian Media Ventures. Authoritive’s customers reflect a wide range of consumer-focused and enterprise content. (www.authoritive.co) (PR Newswire)
We have special sale pricing on TechNY Daily sponsorship and advertising opportunities. For information, contact: Lauren@techny.nyc
TechNY Recruit Jobs
Job Postings are on sale.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
CookUnity is the first Chef-Direct Subscription service — a chef-to-food lover marketplace connecting the country’s most talented chefs with eaters (consumers). We are on a mission to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses. We recently raised a $47M Series B which will help us expand our purpose across the US and reach out to more chefs and more eaters than ever before.
Director of Engineering, ChefOS Zone
Tech Lead, Chef Experience
Tech Lead, Ops Tech
Movable Ink (new)
Movable Ink is a software company that helps businesses earn attention in a world where time is precious and creativity is power. Founded in 2010, Movable Ink activates any data into real-time, personalized content in any customer touchpoint. With more than 400 employees, the company is headquartered in New York City with operations throughout North America, Central America, Europe, Australia, and Japan.
Deals Desk Analyst
Senior BI Analyst
Strategic Account Director
Business Systems Manager
Senior Backend Engineer
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Senior Security Engineer
Bluecore uses predictive intelligence to automatically connect shoppers to products, content, and offers, wherever they are. We recently gained unicorn status and have been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Fortune, and BuiltIn among others. Come join us!
Engineering Manager — Audiences
Customer Success Manager
Check is a payroll-as-a-service API that lets you embed payroll directly in your vertical SaaS, HR, or time-tracking platform. Our API abstracts away the complexities of running payroll: tax calculation, remittance, and filing, plus the movement of money between companies and employees. This enables companies to easily build fully integrated payroll products to offer to their customers. It is an exciting time for our team as we are onboarding new companies and employees to the platform weekly!
Risk Operations Lead
Senior Legal Operations and Licensing Specialist
Senior Technical Recruiter
Partner Success Manager
Business Development Representative
Strategic Sales — Growth Segment
A made-to-fade tattoo brand reimagining the tattoo industry through technology and owned studios. Read more about us at Fast Company and Forbes.
Director of Engineering & IT
Email & Marketing Automation Lead
Director of Engineering & IT
Email & Marketing Automation Lead
Fora is re-inventing the travel agent experience for travelers and advisors. Anyone will be able to become a Fora travel advisor and start earning by selling, planning, and booking trips, enabling you to grow your own travel business — as a side hustle or a new career. Founded by three repeat entrepreneurs and backed by leading investors, we are building our initial team in lower Manhattan
Product Manager-Travel Advisor Platform
Technical Product Manager
Palo Alto Networks (new)
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Senior Software Engineer
Our mission is to be commercial real estate’s modern operating system, the place where data comes to life and deals happen.
Senior Software Engineer, Site Reliability & Platform
Senior Software Engineer, VTS Rise
Investment Research Manager
Senior Product Marketing Manager
Staff Software Engineer, Rise
The world’s only universal shopping app. nate is a venture-backed, intelligent automation, social shopping and payments startup, with offices in New York and London. nate just closed it’s series A round, raising 38MM from Renegade, Forerunner Ventures, Coatue and Canaan, among others.
Yotpo is a leading eCommerce marketing platform on a mission to help brands of all sizes accelerate their growth through exceptional customer experiences. Yotpo secured a $230 million fundraising round in March (you can call us a unicorn our valuation is now $1.4 billion), and our primary goal is to deliver the best technology in the industry.
Strategic Client Success Manager
Senior Salesforce Admin
Strategic SMS Account Director
Sales Strategy & Operations Manager
Partner Operations Manager
LeafLink is the cannabis industry’s standard wholesale ordering platform and the largest B2B marketplace connecting licensed cannabis brands and retailers across the country.
Senior Growth Marketing Manager
Ethena is a compliance training platform built for today’s teams. Our micro-learning approach is designed for retention, and our entertaining and informative content is designed for a cringe-free experience. We recently raised a Series A led by top-tier firm Felicis, and are now expanding our product offerings and platform functionality.
Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Senior Front-End Engineer
Senior Backend Engineer
Mid-Market Account Executive
LeagueApps is the operating system and community for youth and local sports leaders. We power thousands of clubs, tournaments, leagues, camps, and facilities with a platform that reaches more than 10 million participants nationwide.
The future of Search, an API call away.
BrainStation is the global leader in digital skills training and workforce transformation, offering hands-on and outcomes-based courses in subjects such as Web Development, User Experience Design, Data Science and Digital Marketing.
Hyperscience is the automation company that enables data to flow within and between the world’s leading firms in financial services, insurance, healthcare and government markets. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in New York City with offices in Sofia, Bulgaria and London, UK, we’ve raised more than $50 million raised to date and are growing quickly. We welcome anyone who believes in big ideas and demonstrates a willingness to learn, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team and make a difference in our organization and for our customers.
Machine Learning Engineer
Braavo provides on demand funding for mobile apps and games. We offer a flexible and affordable funding alternative to the traditional sources of capital like working with a VC or bank. We’re changing the way mobile entrepreneurs finance and grow their app businesses. Our predictive technology delivers on demand, performance-based funding, without dilution or personal guarantees. By providing non-dilutive, yet scalable alternatives to equity, we’re helping founders retain control of their companies.
Business Development Manager
Upper90 is an alternative credit manager based in New York City that has deployed over $500m within 18 months of inception.
Investor Relations Analyst
UpScored is the only career site that uses data science to connect you with jobs suited specifically to you while automatically learning your career interests. Its AI-powered platform decreases job search time by 90%, showing you the jobs you’re most likely to get (and want) in less than 2 minutes.
Senior Frontend Developer
Senior Backend Developer
Deliver your job listings directly to 50,000 members of the NYC tech community at an amazingly low cost. Find out how: email@example.com
NYC Tech Industry Virtual Event Calendar
Contact Us for Free Listing of Your Web-based Events
Send us your events to list (it’s Free!) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
TechNY Daily is distributed three times a week to 50,000 members of NYC’s tech and digital media industry.
Connecting the New York Tech Industry
Social Media • Mobile • Digital Media • Big Data • AdTech • App Development • e-Commerce • Games • Analytics • FinTech • Web • Software • UX • Video • Digital Advertising • Content • SaaS • Open Source • Cloud Computing • AI • Web Design • Business Intelligence • Enterprise Software • EduTech • FashionTech • Incubators • Accelerators • Co-Working • TravelTech • Real Estate Tech
Copyright © 2022 TechNY, All rights reserved.