June 7, 2021
TechNY15 Stock Index: 1,508.89 (+24.17) (+1.6%)
Keeping Our 50,000 NYC Tech Industry Readers Connected and Informed
1. NYC and Paris-based Contentsquare, a customer experience analytics platform, has raised $500 million in a Series E funding. SoftBank Vision Fund 2 led the round and was joined by iEurazeo, Bpifrance, KKR, Canaan, Highland Europe and BlackRock. The company’s platform analyzes customer behaviors via web, mobile and app interaction and provides recommendations for increasing revenue and engagement. (www.contentsquare.com) (VentureBeat)
2. NYC’s Forter, an e-commerce fraud prevention platform, has raised $300 million in a Series F funding at a $3 billion valuation. NYC’s Tiger Global led the round and was joined by Third Point Ventures, Adage Capital Management, Bessemer Venture Partners, Sequoia Capital, March Capital, NewView Capital, Salesforce Ventures and Scale Venture Partners. Forter’s platform uses machine learning to detect and prevent fraud in online retail transactions. (www.forter.com) (TechCrunch)
3. NYC’s AnyClip, a video search and analytics platform, has raised $47 million in a venture funding round. JVP led the round and was joined by La Maison and Bank Mizrahi. AnyClip’s platform combines AI with more standard search tools to provide better video analytics for content providers. (www.anyclip.com) (TVNewsCheck)
4. NYC’s Solidus Labs, a crypto risk monitoring company, has raised $20 million in a Series A round. Evolution Equity Partners led the round and was joined by Hanaco Ventures, 645 ventures, FTX, Avon Ventures, former CFTC chair Chris Giancarlo and former SEC commissioner Troy Paredes. The company’s surveillance and risk-monitoring software can detect manipulation across cryptocurrency trading platforms. (www.soliduslabs.com) (TechCrunch)
5. NYC’s Kinema, a social cinema platform, has raised $2 million in a seed funding. Investors included Kindred Ventures, Lupa System, Galaxy Interactive and I2BF Global Ventures. The company seeks to expand access to engaging film via a network of screening hosts, filmmakers and film goers. Kinema was launched out of NYC startup studio Human Ventures. (www.kinema.com) (Hollywood Reporter)
Small Planet partners with the world’s most innovative companies to create inspired apps and websites. Development, UX design, monetization strategies, user acquisition and more. Contact us. (Sponsored Content)
7. Brooklyn’s Etsy is buying Depop, a UK-based, Gen Z-oriented, secondhand shopping app. The purchase price is $1.6 billion. More than 90 percent of Depop’s users are under 26, while Etsy’s own users are firmly millennial, with a median age for sellers of around 39. Depop’s revenues doubled last year to $70 million, mostly generated from sales commissions.(www.etsy.com) (www.depop.com) (The Verge)
8. NYC’s Bowery Farming, an indoor vertical farming startup, has raised $300 million in a Series C financing. Fidelity Management & Research Company led the round valuing the company at $2.3 billion with participation by GV (Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, Temasek, Groupe Artémis, Amplo, Gaingels, Chris Paul, Natalie Portman, Chef José Andrés and Justin Timberlake. Bowery, which provides fresh produce sold at more than 850 grocery stores in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions, leverages computer vision and machine learning to monitor plant growth at its indoor farms. (www.boweryfarming.com) (PR Newswire)
9. NYC’s Snappy, a corporate gifting platform, has raised $70 million in a Series C funding. GGV Capital led the round and was joined by 83North, Saban Ventures and Hearst Ventures. The company’s platform has been used by companies such as Microsoft, Adobe, Comcast, and Uber to send more than one million corporate gifts in the last six months. (www.snappy.com) (BusinessWire)
10. NYC’s Spokn, a podcasting platform, has raised $4 million in a seed funding. Investors included NEA, Y Combinator, Reach Capital, Funders Club, Liquid2, Share Capital, SOMA Capital, Scribble VC and Hack VC. Spokn’s platform is focused on the use of podcasts for internal corporate communication. (www.getspokn.com) (TechCrunch)
11. NYC’s Tibles, an NFT marketplace, has raised $1.14 million in a seed funding. Dapper Labs led the round and was joined by Multicoin Capital, CoinFund and Warburg Serres Investments. Tibles pays a licensing fee to brands, which allows the company to create digital collectibles such as trading cards, comic books, stickers or multimedia objects. (www.tibles.com) (Forbes)
We have special sale pricing on TechNY Daily sponsorship and advertising opportunities. For information, contact: Lauren@techny.nyc
TechNY Recruit Jobs
Job Postings are on sale. Contact us at email@example.com
Slate is a web and mobile product used by some of the top brands in the world to create branded social media content in seconds. Slate has customers from the NFL, NBA, MLB, MLS, EPL as well as some of the largest media, beauty and entertainment brands in the world.
Product Designer, UI/UX
Ceros is looking for a New Business Director to join our team! If you’re not familiar with us, Ceros is a cloud-based platform that empowers over 650 clients the likes of Red Bull, Aon and McKinsey to create interactive digital content without any coding resources.
Remote New Business Director
LeagueApps is the operating system and community for youth and local sports leaders. We power thousands of clubs, tournaments, leagues, camps, and facilities with a platform that reaches more than 10 million participants nationwide.
Stellar Health (new)
Stellar Health is a healthcare technology company that helps providers and health insurance companies improve quality and financial performance by prompting providers and their practice staff with recommended value-based actions and real-time payments at the point of care.
Senior Technical Recruiter
Senior Software Engineer
The Glimpse Group
The Glimpse Group is Virtual & Augmented Reality Software and Services platform company.
Love a good challenge? Try the Hack our bank puzzle! We are building Grist, a next-generation hybrid spreadsheet-database. You’ll find here the unique combination of a small team in early stages of growth, and a well-developed product with great potential and much work ahead.
Ladders is the leading $100K+ professional community. We focus on the careers, professional growth, and office lifestyle of the top 25% of the workforce. With Ladders News, we provide the information and entertainment that our audience needs for lifelong career success, while Ladders Jobs is the largest source for $100K+ jobs in the US and Canada.
SEO Strategist Software Engineer III
Lead Product Designer
Director, Technical Product Management
BrainStation is the global leader in digital skills training and workforce transformation, offering hands-on and outcomes-based courses in subjects such as Web Development, User Experience Design, Data Science and Digital Marketing.
Educator, UX Design
Educator, Data Science
Educator, Web Development
Business Development Representative
Junior Sales Coordinator
Coordinator, Customer Experience
Coordinator, Talent Acquisition
TripleLift is a technology company rooted at the intersection of creative and media. We are an advertising platform where creative fits seamlessly into every experience across desktop, mobile and video. We help make advertising work for everyone. Advertising is important. We didn’t invent advertising, but we are making advertising better.
Senior Software Engineer
Product Manager — OTT Monetization Platform
Capitolis is the leading SaaS platform that drives financial resource optimization for capital markets. More than 50 financial institutions, as well as many hedge funds and asset managers, leverage Capitolis’ technology to bring the best services to market and achieve high levels of return, while using the most appropriate amounts of their financial resources. Backed by world class investors, including Index Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Spark Capital, SVB Capital and S Capital, Capitolis is growing rapidly in our offices in New York, London and Tel Aviv.
Director of Client Services
Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
Director of Demand Generation (NYC)
Adoption Manager (NYC or London)
FX Operations Analyst (NYC or London)
Director of Product Management (NYC)
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform built for innovative e-commerce and retail brands. We raised a $230M Series D in September 2020 and are backed by Sequoia, Bain Capital Ventures, Coatue, and other top investors. Attentive was named #8 on LinkedIn’s 2020 Top Startups list, and has been selected by Forbes as one of America’s Best Startup Employers.
Sales Development Representative
Senior Client Strategy Manager
Director of Client Strategy
Mantra Health is a digital mental health company on a mission to improve access to quality mental healthcare for university students throughout the United States through the marriage of evidence-based therapy and psychiatry with software, data, and design.
Business Development Manager
We are a SaaS solution that makes crypto accounting easy. We are a trusted, blockchain-native technology team that is passionate about digital asset technology. Our team is continuously collaborating and designing new products and initiatives to expand our market presence. Technology and customers are at the center of our universe. We dedicate our energy to learning, building, adapting, and achieving impactful results.
Senior Front End Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Software Test Engineer
Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy.
Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
Manager, Software Engineering
Our mission: To democratize Discovery.
Enterprise Account Executive
A personalized subscription site for pop culture’s biggest fans.
Director of Engineering
Retirement made easy.
Senior Fullstack Engineer
Hyperscience is the automation company that enables data to flow within and between the world’s leading firms in financial services, insurance, healthcare and government markets. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in New York City with offices in Sofia, Bulgaria and London, UK, we’ve raised more than $50 million raised to date and are growing quickly. We welcome anyone who believes in big ideas and demonstrates a willingness to learn, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team and make a difference in our organization and for our customers.
Machine Learning Engineer
Braavo provides on demand funding for mobile apps and games. We offer a flexible and affordable funding alternative to the traditional sources of capital like working with a VC or bank. We’re changing the way mobile entrepreneurs finance and grow their app businesses. Our predictive technology delivers on demand, performance-based funding, without dilution or personal guarantees. By providing non-dilutive, yet scalable alternatives to equity, we’re helping founders retain control of their companies.
Business Development Manager
VP of Marketing
At Yogi, we help companies decipher customer feedback, from ratings and reviews to surveys and support requests. Companies are inundated with feedback, but when it comes to turning this data into actionable business decisions, most companies fall short. That’s where Yogi fits in.
Full Stack Software Engineer
Upper90 is an alternative credit manager based in New York City that has deployed over $500m within 18 months of inception.
Investor Relations Analyst
UpScored is the only career site that uses data science to connect you with jobs suited specifically to you while automatically learning your career interests. Its AI-powered platform decreases job search time by 90%, showing you the jobs you’re most likely to get (and want) in less than 2 minutes.
Senior Frontend Developer
Senior Backend Developer
Frame.io is a video review and collaboration platform designed to unify media assets and creative conversations in a user-friendly environment. Headquartered in New York City, Frame.io was developed by filmmakers, VFX artists and post production executives. Today, we support nearly 1 million media professionals at enterprises including Netflix, Buzzfeed, Turner, NASA & Vice Media.
Frontend Engineering Manager
Sr. Swift Engineer
Lead Product Designer
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile.
Enterprise Sales Director — New York
Postlight is building an extraordinary team that loves to make great digital products — come join us!
Full Stack Engineer
Deliver your job listings directly to 50,000 members of the NYC tech community at an amazingly low cost. Find out how: firstname.lastname@example.org
NYC Tech Industry Virtual Event Calendar
Too Much At Stake: Fireside Chat with Paul Breitenbach on The Future of AI
Hosted by The Data and Analytics Leaders Network and UConn’s Technology Incubation Program (TIP) Digital
Machines + Media 2021: Facing the Future
Hosted by NYC Media Lab & Bloomberg
Contact Us for Free Listing of Your Web-based Events
Send us your events to list (it’s Free!) to: email@example.com
TechNY Daily is distributed three times a week to 50,000 members of NYC’s tech and digital media industry.
Connecting the New York Tech Industry
Social Media • Mobile • Digital Media • Big Data • AdTech • App Development • e-Commerce • Games • Analytics • FinTech • Web • Software • UX • Video • Digital Advertising • Content • SaaS • Open Source • Cloud Computing • AI • Web Design • Business Intelligence • Enterprise Software • EduTech • FashionTech • Incubators • Accelerators • Co-Working • TravelTech • Real Estate Tech
Copyright © 2021 TechNY, All rights reserved.