February 5, 2021
TechNY15 Stock Index: 1,659.17 (+44.93) (+2.78%)
Keeping The NYC Tech Industry Informed
1. NYC’s Touchcast, a virtual events platform, has raised $55 million in a Series A funding. Investors included Accenture Ventures, Alexander Capital Ventures, Saatchi Invest and Ronald Lauder. The company’s platform allows companies to produce lifelike, virtual conferences and other events without technical heavy-lifting. (www.touchcast.com) (TechCrunch)
2. NYC’s Wheels Up, a private jet startup, is going public via a merger with Aspirational Consumer Lifestyle Corp, a SPAC. The deal values Wheels Up at $2 billion. As part of the deal, Wheels Up will get access to the $240 million in cash raised by Aspirational plus an additional $550 million committed by Aspirational’s investors. Wheels Up had previously raised $540 million from investors including Franklin Templeton, Fidelity, T. Rowe Price, NEA, The Yard Ventures and Alumni Ventures Group. (www.wheelsup.com) (CNBC)
3. NYC’s Axoni, an enterprise blockchain startup, has raised $31 million in a Series B add-on funding. Investors included Deutsche Bank, Intel Capital, UBS, Citi, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan and Wells Fargo. Axoni focuses on converting existing large financial infrastructures to interoperate with the Ethereum blockchain. (www.axoni.com) (Forbes)
4. NYC’s NWO.ai, an AI platform for identifying microtrends, has emerged from stealth and raised $3.5 million in a seed funding. Investors included Hyperplane, Wavemaker Colle Capital, Adit Ventures and SuperAngel. The company’s platform analyzes massive troves of public and proprietary data sources to identify consumer trends. (www.nwo.ai) (PR Newswire)
Small Planet partners with the world’s most innovative companies to create inspired apps and websites. Development, UX design, monetization strategies, user acquisition, and more. Contact us. (Sponsored Content)
5. NYC’s UiPath, a robotic process automation platform, has raised $750 million in a Series F funding at $35 billion valuation. Alkeon Capital and Coatue led the round and were joined by Altimeter Capital, Dragoneer, IVP, Sequoia, NYC’s Tiger Global and T. Rowe Price Associates. The company’s platform, which automates repetitive tasks performed by human workers, is used by companies such as GE, Airbus, Google, Autodesk, NASA and McDonald’s. Last December, UiPath filed confidentially for an initial public offering. (www.uipath.com) (VentureBeat)
6. NYC’s Check, a payroll as a service platform, has raised $35 million in a Series B funding. Stripe and NYC’s Thrive Capital led the round. Check’s platform gives software developers an easy way to integrate payroll processing into their products. (www.checkhq.com) (Fortune)
7. NYC’s Squarespace, a website builder platform, has filed confidentially for an Initial Public Offering. The company, which hosts millions of websites, has raised at total of $278 million from investors including General Atlantic, Accel and Index Ventures. (www.squarespace.com) (TechCrunch)
8. NYC venture capital firm Work-Bench has published its “State of Enterprise Tech in NYC” report for the second half of 2020. Despite the pandemic, 2020 was the best year yet for enterprise tech in NYC with $5.8 billion invested across 189 deals. The report can be found here. Work-Bench is an enterprise technology-focused venture capital firm. (www.work-bench.com)
We have special sale pricing on TechNY Daily sponsorship and advertising opportunities. For information, contact: Lauren@techny.nyc
TechNY Recruit Jobs
Job Postings are on sale. Contact us at email@example.com
Capitolis is the leading SaaS platform that drives financial resource optimization for capital markets. More than 50 financial institutions, as well as many hedge funds and asset managers, leverage Capitolis’ technology to bring the best services to market and achieve high levels of return, while using the most appropriate amounts of their financial resources. Backed by world class investors, including Index Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Spark Capital, SVB Capital and S Capital, Capitolis is growing rapidly in our offices in New York, London and Tel Aviv.
Director of Client Services
Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
Director of Demand Generation (NYC)
Adoption Manager (NYC or London)
FX Operations Analyst (NYC or London)
Director of Product Management (NYC)
Mantra Health (new)
Mantra Health is a digital mental health company on a mission to improve access to quality mental healthcare for university students throughout the United States through the marriage of evidence-based therapy and psychiatry with software, data, and design.
Business Development Manager
We are a SaaS solution that makes crypto accounting easy. We are a trusted, blockchain-native technology team that is passionate about digital asset technology. Our team is continuously collaborating and designing new products and initiatives to expand our market presence. Technology and customers are at the center of our universe. We dedicate our energy to learning, building, adapting, and achieving impactful results.
Customer Success Specialist
Senior Front End Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Software Test Engineer
Third-Party Risk Manager or Director
SaaS and Data Sales Team Leader
Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy.
Director, Account Management
Enterprise Sales Director (Banking and Financial Services)
Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
Manager, Software Engineering
Summer’s mission is to help the 45 million Americans burdened by student debt save time and money through smart, algorithm-based recommendations. Summer combines policy expertise and innovative technology to serve student loan borrowers across the country.
Our mission: To democratize Discovery.
Enterprise Account Executive
A personalized subscription site for pop culture’s biggest fans.
Director of Engineering
Founded by Dave Duffield (founder and former CEO of Workday and PeopleSoft) in 2017, Ridgeline’s goal is to revolutionize technology for the investment management industry. We are building an end-to-end cloud platform on a modern infrastructure using AWS, serverless technologies, which up to this point hasn’t been done in the enterprise space.
Software Engineering Manager, UI
Simon Data is the only enterprise customer data platform with a fully-integrated marketing cloud. Our platform empowers businesses to leverage enterprise-scale big data and machine learning to power customer communications in any channel.
Senior Front-End Engineer
Director, Enterprise Sales
Full Stack Engineer
Retirement made easy.
Senior Fullstack Engineer
Hyperscience is the automation company that enables data to flow within and between the world’s leading firms in financial services, insurance, healthcare and government markets. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in New York City with offices in Sofia, Bulgaria and London, UK, we’ve raised more than $50 million raised to date and are growing quickly. We welcome anyone who believes in big ideas and demonstrates a willingness to learn, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team and make a difference in our organization and for our customers.
Machine Learning Engineer
Senior Security Engineer
Braavo provides on demand funding for mobile apps and games. We offer a flexible and affordable funding alternative to the traditional sources of capital like working with a VC or bank. We’re changing the way mobile entrepreneurs finance and grow their app businesses. Our predictive technology delivers on demand, performance-based funding, without dilution or personal guarantees. By providing non-dilutive, yet scalable alternatives to equity, we’re helping founders retain control of their companies.
Business Development Manager
VP of Marketing
Head of Sales
At Yogi, we help companies decipher customer feedback, from ratings and reviews to surveys and support requests. Companies are inundated with feedback, but when it comes to turning this data into actionable business decisions, most companies fall short. That’s where Yogi fits in.
Full Stack Software Engineer
We’re passionate marketers, engineers and innovators building the technology to power the future of commerce. We’re a B2B2C SaaS platform helping the world’s most interesting retailers and direct-to-consumer brands remove friction from the customer experience to deliver recurring revenue through subscriptions programs — shifting their consumer interactions from one-and-done transactions to long-lived, highly profitable relationships.
Upper90 is an alternative credit manager based in New York City that has deployed over $500m within 18 months of inception.
Investor Relations Analyst
UpScored is the only career site that uses data science to connect you with jobs suited specifically to you while automatically learning your career interests. Its AI-powered platform decreases job search time by 90%, showing you the jobs you’re most likely to get (and want) in less than 2 minutes.
Senior Frontend Developer
Senior Backend Developer
Frame.io is a video review and collaboration platform designed to unify media assets and creative conversations in a user-friendly environment. Headquartered in New York City, Frame.io was developed by filmmakers, VFX artists and post production executives. Today, we support nearly 1 million media professionals at enterprises including Netflix, Buzzfeed, Turner, NASA & Vice Media.
Frontend Engineering Manager
Sr. Swift Engineer
Lead Product Designer
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform built for innovative e-commerce and retail brands. We raised a $230M Series D in September 2020 and are backed by Sequoia, Bain Capital Ventures, Coatue, and other top investors. Attentive was named #8 on LinkedIn’s 2020 Top Startups list, and has been selected by Forbes as one of America’s Best Startup Employers.
Enterprise Account Executive
Sales Development Representative
Senior Client Strategy Manager
Director of Client Strategy
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile.
Enterprise Sales Director — New York
Postlight is building an extraordinary team that loves to make great digital products — come join us!
Full Stack Engineer
Deliver your job listings directly to 50,000 members of the NYC tech community at an amazingly low cost. Find out how: firstname.lastname@example.org
NYC Tech Industry Virtual Event Calendar
Rise Refresh: A new frontier for FinTech in 2021
(celebrating Black History Month)
Hosted by Rise NY x Gaper
Adobe x Rise Creative Jam LIVE: Sparking your Creativity
(celebrating International Women’s Day)
Hosted by Rise NY x Adobe
Contact Us for Free Listing of Your Web-based Events
Send us your events to list (it’s Free!) to: email@example.com
TechNY Daily is distributed three times a week to 50,000 members of NYC’s tech and digital media industry.
Connecting the New York Tech Industry
Social Media • Mobile • Digital Media • Big Data • AdTech • App Development • e-Commerce • Games • Analytics • FinTech • Web • Software • UX • Video • Digital Advertising • Content • SaaS • Open Source • Cloud Computing • AI • Web Design • Business Intelligence • Enterprise Software • EduTech • FashionTech • Incubators • Accelerators • Co-Working • TravelTech • Real Estate Tech
Copyright © 2021 TechNY, All rights reserved.